• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Teams & Riders Brothers in (crank) arms - Yates Discussion Thread

Page 22 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Apr 17, 2014
Visit site
Been away all week camping so have been totally in the dark about cycling but what a win from Adam!! Amazing rider with such potential (and Simon too).

Apr 17, 2014
Visit site
Re:

Waterloo Sunrise said:
Simon leading at Plouey and Adam down for Alberta - I'll be honest, I can't see that Orica enter enough races for them to be split up unless one of them is having a quiet end to the year.

I certainly hope they both race Lombardy, sets up perfectly for their puncheur/climber style.
Me too- Lombardy would be great.

Re:

Waterloo Sunrise said:
Alberta starts tonight; solid TTT and then if Adam is on good form there aren't any other riders there who would often take time off him on the climbs, so it will just be a case of making sure nothing silly happens on the gimmicky dirt stage.

GC success; it's just that simple!

Well Trek beat Orica by less than a second. Not sure if Yates will be better than Mollema.

Apr 17, 2014
Visit site
Re: Re:

TMP402 said:
Waterloo Sunrise said:
Alberta starts tonight; solid TTT and then if Adam is on good form there aren't any other riders there who would often take time off him on the climbs, so it will just be a case of making sure nothing silly happens on the gimmicky dirt stage.

Well Trek beat Orica by less than a second. Not sure if Yates will be better than Mollema.
Should be fun to watch regardless

TMP402 said:
Waterloo Sunrise said:

Foiled at the first hurdle!

Oh well, bonus seconds mean you don't need to create a gap, just be the one with the most left at the end of the climb.

Apr 17, 2014
Visit site
Re:

Pricey_sky said:
Nice performance this week, with Kennaugh not riding the worlds for GB hopefully the twins get a free role.
This would make me happy- although the profile is probably not hard enough for them to do anything serious

Re:

Waterloo Sunrise said:
Any word yet on why they're not riding worlds? Didn't fancy it, or unable to hold in the laughter when Dave rang them up and asked if they were looking forward to giving their all for TeamKennaugh?

Kennaugh was never on the cards to ride as his partner is due to give birth. I honestly don't know why they weren't selected, such a strange decision.

Jspear said:
TMP402 said:
The Adam = hills, Simon = mountains distinction was being lost earlier in the season but since san sebastian Adam's confirming it a little.

Last year, it seemed to me to be Adam = mountains, Simon = hills...will be interesting to see them developing further next year.

Adam was also strong in the MTF at Tirreno with Simon the same over the steep hills of Basque, they are proving competetive over both types of terrain.

Re:

TMP402 said:
The Adam = hills, Simon = mountains distinction was being lost earlier in the season but since san sebastian Adam's confirming it a little.

Actually Adam was seen as the mountain goat and Simon as the hilly puncheur type.

They seem to do both well, but Adam really made a point in 1 day races lately.

Apr 17, 2014
Visit site
Re:

jaylew said:
I feel like there's a tendency to want to categorize them and put them in separate boxes but at this point there's no clear separation between the two as far as their skillsets are concerned.
This. They both have huge potential

TRENDING THREADS