• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

bruyneel: lance losing time "defintely on purpose"....

Page 3 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Jul 22, 2009
Visit site
red_flanders said:
True, but irrelevant to my point.

They're not even trying to support Levi. I assume we can agree on that rather obvious fact?

Look. You have guys that don't really believe what they are posting, making all sorts of claims, looking for reaction. I suspect you might be filing in this category. Just because King Lance isn't leading Levi on the charge to glory, doesn't mean he isn't getting all the support he can use. Bottom line is Levi is not up to the task of following GC wheels. He just doesn't have it, so stop selling it as something else.

Jun 15, 2009
Visit site
scribe said:
Look. You have guys that don't really believe what they are posting, making all sorts of claims, looking for reaction. I suspect you might be filing in this category. Just because King Lance isn't leading Levi on the charge to glory, doesn't mean he isn't getting all the support he can use. Bottom line is Levi is not up to the task of following GC wheels. He just doesn't have it, so stop selling it as something else.

What if Levi decided to sit up, soft peddle & look at the pretty trees & valleys instead of doing the job he is paid too? That would last about one stage, oh the disrespect Levi has for the legacy of the Tour.... Armstrong gets to goof around until he looses 25 minutes in the hope he can get in a break & know one will care? What kind of way to win a stage is that? It's pathetic!

scribe said:

He doesn't have enough to win. Clearly. He has, with team support, enough for a top five. He's not getting it, and I think that's lame.

If you think I'm posting just looking for a reaction, I suggest you not respond. Since you are responding, I think we can agree you know that's not my MO.

Apr 4, 2010
Visit site
red_flanders said:
He doesn't have enough to win. Clearly. He has, with team support, enough for a top five. He's not getting it, and I think that's lame.

Sad but true. I mean come on, Lance is supposed to be mr. nevergiveup. This to me is very disappointing.

Add: I think he is not a fraun anymore than anyone else in the top of the peleton is. However, could have done himself and everyone else a favor by not coming back again. I wonder if he's willing to admit that, livestrong aside.

May 13, 2009
Visit site
Big Doopie said:
as previously mentioned, he is becoming weaker and weaker as we get further and further from the last rest day. the only chance is that he gets his vitamins on the next one and tries something on the next day. remember he was at his best this week the day after vitamins day.

we are seeing him for the fraud he is. look at all the riders (even on his team) who naturally recuperate better than he does. in "normal" circumstances he would never have even been top ten at a tour. and he owns the record. what a joke. i really hope he goes to prison...and for a long time.

I couldn't agree more, look at Cristophe Moreau, he is even older than LA and yet his results are much more consistent compared to those he obtained when he was 27-32 years old.

The guy is such a fraud. I can't believe I was a fan of him 10 years ago. I even bought his first book...those are $10 I would never get back. I really hope he goes to jail...its getting there. :D

May 13, 2009
Visit site
He is really sending a pretty encouraging message to all livestrong cancer fighters and survivors: when the going gets though and you can't bribe your way out anymore....quit! :D

May 13, 2009
Visit site
skidmark said:
It would be funny if he went into a break and then Contador bridged to it and refused to drop back until Lance did as well.

Wouldnt Contador need to have the yellow jersey? AS might have something to say if that happened.

Oct 6, 2009
Visit site
I think this is all a big "F-you" from LA to ASO. If RSH wins the team classification, LA gets to stand on the podium in Paris one last time, and also look like he is fulfilling his contract with the sponsor by producing some real results. He is banking on a lot of his fans not knowing the team prize isn't a huge deal in cycling.

My guess is that ASO has not treated Mr. Armstrong in the royal manner to which he has become accustomed (bunk beds, no aircon in the hotels, etc), and therefore, he can fart around in the back losing time, and still get to grin for the cameras on the podium in Paris.

Assuming Hinault doesn't punch him in the kidneys on the way up the stairs.

May 13, 2009
Visit site
Beech Mtn said:
I think this is all a big "F-you" from LA to ASO. If RSH wins the team classification, LA gets to stand on the podium in Paris one last time, and also look like he is fulfilling his contract with the sponsor by producing some real results. He is banking on a lot of his fans not knowing the team prize isn't a huge deal in cycling.

My guess is that ASO has not treated Mr. Armstrong in the royal manner to which he has become accustomed (bunk beds, no aircon in the hotels, etc), and therefore, he can fart around in the back losing time, and still get to grin for the cameras on the podium in Paris.

Again, I am fascinated by how much you psychics know about what LA is thinking and planning. How do you do it?

flicker

BANNED
Aug 17, 2009
Visit site
red_flanders said:

If you think I'm posting just looking for a reaction, I suggest you not respond. Since you are responding, I think we can agree you know that's not my MO.

If Levi can suck wheel for the next 3 days he has a posibility of top 5ing it . I know for sure he can smoke Bob(6) in the TT

Jul 16, 2010
Visit site
Beech Mtn said:

You're assumption is totally wrong. Hinault wont punch him in the kidneys, he will toss him of the podium with all his might.

I hope you get my reference.

May 13, 2009
Visit site
Beech Mtn said:

Somewhat off topic but related to this post, I always thought that the teams themselves are responsible for their accommodations?

Jul 22, 2009
Visit site
Cobblestones said:
Somewhat off topic but related to this post, I always thought that the teams themselves are responsible for their accommodations?
I don't think so, and this is probably because of the secrecy of the tour route before the official announcement. Remember the rumors of the race route generally situate around the blocking of hotel reservations.

May 15, 2010
Visit site
Moose McKnuckles said:
I just think it's funny how you fanboys pretend Lance's dingleberries are actually chocolate bon-bons.

Thanks for the vizh. I better take another benadryl so I can sleep right through the nightmares.

Jul 22, 2009
Visit site
Moose McKnuckles said:
I just think it's funny how you fanboys pretend Lance's dingleberries are actually chocolate bon-bons.

I'd bet ACF94 would readily munch on Cadel's, or at least admit to wanting to.