• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

bruyneel rips contador for not following plan....

This article makes Bruyneel look like an idiot. Are they really still hanging on to the Arcalis thing from last year? The brilliant strategy that with the best climber in the world on your team, you ride tempo on one of the 3 mountain top finishes of the race? That you wouldn't attack? For what reason? Why would a team with the best climber in the world have "orders" not to attack? Seriously, who swallows this drivel?

Of course Contador broke with "team" (Armstrong) orders. The "orders" were as laughable as it gets. Sure, let me ride tempo with the old man so he can stay in the race as long as possible and try and grab yellow. Give me a ****ing break.

Velo nation lets Vino make Bruyneel look like the fool that he is on this topic. I like JB better when he was trying to play both Armstrong and Contador.

Vino:

"This was planned in the team's strategy today,” said Vinokourov after the stage. “I had to get myself into a group of escapees to encourage the other teams in the bunch to work.

" didn’t know that Alberto was coming,” he said. “When you get near to the finish line, with the noise of the crowd you can hear nothing, if I had known, I would have slowed down a bit in the climb and I could have helped on the flat

Freaking hilarious. Yeah, Vino's mad. Did you see the long hug today, and Vino reaching for the "pound" after the hug.

These guys know what being teammates means. There's no Armstrong in the world "Team".

A

Anonymous

Why does anyone give a crap what Bruyneel thinks about the price of goat cheese.

He's as washed up as his buddy, hopefully soon to be out of the sport.

I love the line " I know what I'm talking about"

Anyone that is confident of their view, and of their audience, doesn't put that crap into speech or text.

Bruyneel is a jackass that just needs to fade away.

Yeah, his team is all riding for one guy. Does anyone know who that guy is?

Jun 9, 2009
Visit site
JB deserves a lot of respect for what he has accomploshed both as a rider and as a DS.

But, he should also know that for a DS to comment on what is going in with the internal workings of another team is poor form.

I imagine the stresses of an underperforming team, Lance's folding as a contender, and the impending legal battles with Novitsky have JB a little edgy right now.

When in doubt, it is best to say nothing.

Jul 2, 2010
Visit site
Could Team RadioShack's efforts at this Tour be more comical? I got the impression that Bruyneel was supposed to be some sort of genius DS, the architect of a record streak of Tour wins. But here he is reminding us that the Tour was won last year by one of his riders who chose to ignore his 24 carat solid gold advice and execute his own judgment (with less than terrible consequences, if I'm honest). Not only that, but he goes on to tell us that this same rider made a grave error on stage 12 this year in taking ten seconds out his number one opponent's lead, because it cost his faithful lieutenant an opportunity to take a once-in-a-lifetime, never to be repeated stage win. I would love to have seen the look on Bruyneel's face as he listened to the race radio account of Vinokourov soloing to victory the very next day.

How's that egg taste?

Mar 31, 2010
Visit site
Yeah Johan you are right. contador and vino sure hate each other after mende.

pic127132478_600.jpg

bruyneel and radioshack are the epic failures of the tour.

May 2, 2010
Visit site
JB is finished ... Worst thing is he knows it.

What were JB comments after Vino's victory yesterday? Or after the hug between Vino and the unruly Contador?

A

Anonymous

red_flanders said:
This article makes Bruyneel look like an idiot. Are they really still hanging on to the Arcalis thing from last year? The brilliant strategy that with the best climber in the world on your team, you ride tempo on one of the 3 mountain top finishes of the race? That you wouldn't attack? For what reason? Why would a team with the best climber in the world have "orders" not to attack? Seriously, who swallows this drivel?

Of course Contador broke with "team" (Armstrong) orders. The "orders" were as laughable as it gets. Sure, let me ride tempo with the old man so he can stay in the race as long as possible and try and grab yellow. Give me a ****ing break.

Velo nation lets Vino make Bruyneel look like the fool that he is on this topic. I like JB better when he was trying to play both Armstrong and Contador.

Vino:

Freaking hilarious. Yeah, Vino's mad. Did you see the long hug today, and Vino reaching for the "pound" after the hug.

These guys know what being teammates means. There's no Armstrong in the world "Team".

I was thinking this morning how much better this TdF has been because every stage has been contested. We didn't get the boring a$$ed JB/LA tactic of only really attacking on one stage and just covering the rest of the time. This has been a great TdF because of the attacking of the leaders. JB is a joke.

A

Anonymous

David Suro said:
JB deserves a lot of respect for what he has accomploshed both as a rider and as a DS.

But, he should also know that for a DS to comment on what is going in with the internal workings of another team is poor form.

I imagine the stresses of an underperforming team, Lance's folding as a contender, and the impending legal battles with Novitsky have JB a little edgy right now.

When in doubt, it is best to say nothing.

No, no he doesn't.

He sucked Indurain's wheel to victory, and he sucked Armstrong's also.

A

Anonymous

More! I want More!

Don't stop talking JB! You're making the Tour a much more FUN event. I know I should be sad to see how the mighty has fallen, but I don't, I love it.
Got a secret plan to steal a podium spot? How about some comment on how badly Saxo (first place) Euskatel (third place) and Rabo (fourth place) are being managed?

(just tried to call JB, but he's busy putting some bikes on Craig's List.. what's up with that?)

buckwheat

BANNED
Sep 24, 2009
Visit site
M Sport said:
We could have a poll on how many hours it takes for him to block you lol

I went about it the wrong way. These clowns block you in one or two tweets. College blocked me in less than 5 minutes but I got about 4 good tweets in. It's like name that tune.

I think the better plan is to suck up and see what kind of crazy nonsense they may respond to .

Mar 11, 2010
Visit site
Bruyneel is a tool. When he was directing LA to seven tour victories, JB was a tactical genious. He did not make any mistakes. The problem is that he is exactly like LA. He did not manage the team well last year. He isn't a well rounded director, or he would have managed his star riders a little better. He then went on to create a team in the most negative way that you can. By publicly taking pride in 'gutting Astana' he sealed RS' fate. You can't go negative. It always comes back at you.

JB has made a lot of enemies in the past four years. I hope that he just fades away.

TRENDING THREADS