• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

By how much will Alberto Contador Velasco win la Vuelta a España?

Page 3 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.

By how much will Alberto Contador Velasco win la Vuelta a España?

• He won't win (the hater option)

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

airstream

BANNED
Mar 29, 2011
Visit site
I think if Contador can't drop Froome on Saturday, he won't win. Don't believe in magical transformations of form. It will be very сlose though.

airstream

BANNED
Mar 29, 2011
Visit site
Netserk said:
'cause from Saturday AC's form won't improve more than Froome's? :confused:

We'll see. But Froome shows himself as an alien this year. If he gains 1 min on Contador in TT which is quite possible, it will be difficult to beat him. Just my opinion. No parallels with the 2011 Giro and so on. All that is irrelevant atm.

airstream said:
We'll see. But Froome shows himself as an alien this year. If he gains 1 min on Contador in TT which is quite possible, it will be difficult to beat him. Just my opinion. No parallels with the 2011 Giro and so on. All that is irrelevant atm.

I don't think Froome will gain 1 min on Alberto in the TT. Rather 20 seconds.

I am convinced Alberto loses 1 sec per km against world class time trialist on a flat course medium length (30-40 km) and .5 sec per km on a hilly course.

Jul 29, 2012
Visit site
LaFlorecita said:
I don't think Froome will gain 1 min on Alberto in the TT. Rather 20 seconds.

I think he won't gain any time. In this kinda TT Contador is one of the best maybe even the best.

May 1, 2012
Visit site
I think on the evidence seen so far you culdn't claim AC looks stronger than any of the other 3 GC contenders, but he'll defintiely be in te mix.

Giro 11? no way. If he wins, it'll be very close to Froome.

johnnycash said:
Off topic but why do we refer to AC as Contador, not Velasco. Same for Purito/Olivier or Cobo and Valverde Belomonte. Don't get the Spanish names.

First name is paternal second is maternal. So Alberto's name is Alberto Contador Velasco because his father's paternal family name is Contador and his mother's paternal family name is Velasco. So if Alberto gets a baby its name will be ?? Contador Pescador.

airstream

BANNED
Mar 29, 2011
Visit site
Carols said:
ROTFL you say this with Andy's once a year Magical transformation of form????

Andy's form is a complicated thing because it's almost impossible to define his base level as he often reins himself in. And the way he rides doesn't mean he can't better. Everything is just for the Tour. It's the general policy.

airstream said:
Andy's form is a complicated thing because it's almost impossible to define his base level as he often reins himself in. And the way he rides doesn't mean he can't better. Everything is just for the Tour. It's the general policy.

Oh I see, to complicated to be understood..:rolleyes:

So Alberto whose been out of competition for 6+ months has no right to improve his form with race miles??? It won't be Magical, it'll be Logical.

airstream

BANNED
Mar 29, 2011
Visit site
Carols said:
Oh I see, to complicated to be understood..:rolleyes:

So Alberto whose been out of competition for 6+ months has no right to improve his form with race miles??? It won't be Magical, it'll be Logical.

I just offer not to base on initial Contador's superiority over anyone else, expect a bit and compare him directly to Froome in the first serious MTF. It will be logical surely. But even if improved form won't let him drop Froome, will you consider it "improved"??

&quot said:
How many TT's did Froome win?

And Martin is still in the race
It's not that important. Many people voted for Froome in the Vuelta poll because they preferred to believe impressions rather than palmares.

Yes, I forgot about Martin.