• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

By How Much Will Quintana Win The 2016 Vuelta With?

By How Much Will Quintana Win The 2016 Vuelta With?

• 0'00''-0'30''

Votes: 1 2.4%
  • 0'30''-1'00''

Votes: 2 4.9%
  • 1'00''-1'30''

Votes: 9 22.0%
  • 1'30''-2'00''

Votes: 6 14.6%
  • 2'00''-2'30''

Votes: 3 7.3%
  • 2'30''-3'00''

• 3'00''-3'30''

Votes: 3 7.3%
  • 3'30''-4'00''

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 4'+

• He won't win

Votes: 15 36.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I voted 2:00-2:30
Froome did well today but I expect that he will get worse, just like in 2012. Therefore I also think the gc battle is definitely over except Quintana has a really bad day, crashes or someone does a long range attack (which seems unlikely since Movistar is ridiculously strong).

Gigs_98 said:
Froome did well today but I expect that he will get worse, just like in 2012. Therefore I also think the gc battle is definitely over except Quintana has a really bad day, crashes or someone does a long range attack (which seems unlikely since Movistar is ridiculously strong).

2012 Froome was already dead by this point

Superstitious as I am I refuse to vote and say this thread should be closed, because it can bring bad luck. A huge anticlimax is still possible if Froome takes a lot of time back in the time trial. Aubisque is a climb that fits him better. I hope Quintana will win and I think he would deserve to, but it's far and far from over.

I wonder what will happen if Valverde attacks in a medium mountain stage.

There's also a grammatical error in the title.

PremierAndrew said:
Gigs_98 said:

Not really. At Collada de la Gallina he only lost 15" to Valverde, Purito and Contador, then lost 20 (including bonus) in that stage where Purito beasted everyone into Barcelona. Then he beat everyone bar Contador and Kessiakoff in the TT, putting half a minute into Valverde, which in a hilly TT against him when he is in form is no mean feat. He wasn't in top shape, but he definitely wasn't dead. He died at Neila, and then Fuente De.

PremierAndrew said:
Gigs_98 said:

Not at all. He was already 50 seconds behind Purito but thats because Purito gained a lot of time with bonus seconds, the time he actually lost on the road wasn't that much. And he was still in front of Valverde and Contador who were 1st and 2nd in the final gc.

Brullnux said:
PremierAndrew said:
Gigs_98 said:

Not really. At Collada de la Gallina he only lost 15" to Valverde, Purito and Contador, then lost 20 (including bonus) in that stage where Purito beasted everyone into Barcelona. Then he beat everyone bar Contador and Kessiakoff in the TT, putting half a minute into Valverde, which in a hilly TT against him when he is in form is no mean feat. He wasn't in top shape, but he definitely wasn't dead. He died at Neila, and then Fuente De.

Nope that hilly TT was where he died. No way he shouldn't have been in red after that, even despite that amazing TT from Purito

PremierAndrew said:
Brullnux said:
PremierAndrew said:
Gigs_98 said:

Nope that hilly TT was where he died. No way he shouldn't have been in red after that, even despite that amazing TT from Purito
That TT was on stage 11 though

PremierAndrew said:
Brullnux said:
PremierAndrew said:
Gigs_98 said:

Still not exactly 'dead' though. Out of shape, but nowhere near dead. Neila was the moment the final sword was lodged in him.

Gigs_98 said:
PremierAndrew said:
Brullnux said:
PremierAndrew said:
Gigs_98 said:

That TT was on stage 11 though

It wasn't stage 10? Forget everything I said then :eek:

Apr 17, 2014
Visit site
I think he still needs 30-1min on Froome for the TT. Plus Contador may get stronger so a long range attack is not impossible. While Quintana is very much the massive favourite, this race is not over.

TRENDING THREADS