• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Cafe Section?

Page 2 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Jul 22, 2009
Visit site
Nonsense poopy-pants! You ever heard of the Vote Your Friggin Mind Act? It's right there in the constitution. Just looked it up.

scribe said:
Nonsense poopy-pants! You ever heard of the Vote Your Friggin Mind Act? It's right there in the constitution. Just looked it up.

I have to say that sounds more like Carla (she's the little chippie one right?) than Woody.

Wouldn't Woody have said something in his defense more like...

"Geez votin' is always kinda complicated - but cos you all were so excited about it I thought I would give it a go - so I looked at the paper and well I checked my name so that they would know it was my vote - did I do something wrong?"

:D :D

ps Is this what the cafe is going to be like? :)

180mmCrank said:
I have to say that sounds more like Carla (she's the little chippie one right?) than Woody.

Wouldn't Woody have said something in his defense more like...

"Geez votin' is always kinda complicated - but cos you all were so excited about it I thought I would give it a go - so I looked at the paper and well I checked my name so that they would know it was my vote - did I do something wrong?"

:D :D

ps Is this what the cafe is going to be like? :)

Well first of all Woody never would have said "give it a go" that's way too Brit'. Carla could have been the third choice, but Elapid picked Blackcat for that and I think he is suitably sharp tongued, so I have to agree. I am afraid Coach is the perfect choice for Scribe, and I think the fact that he doesn't seem to like it only reinforces that.
BTW: Yes this could be what it will be like. Are you having second thoughts already?

Jun 16, 2009
Visit site
I like Cheers and i want to be Paul.:D
He was the short chubby guy who was an bar extra for 9 years and finally they gave him a name( Gee the actors real name is Paul, a dead giveaway that is a charity gesture) & threw him a couple of lines for the last season or so.

btw i also think scribe is perfect as coach, my fav episode w/ coach was when he was showing his secret for memorizing, put the facts into a song(when the saints come marching in)
"Albania, Albania, you border on the a-dri-atic....."

Jul 22, 2009
Visit site
Dang. The upside to woody for me is that I could branch off and take on a role such as in Natural Born Killers.

Come on guys, what do you say?

killers.jpg

Mar 18, 2009
Visit site
scribe said:
Dang. The upside to woody for me is that I could branch off and take on a role such as in Natural Born Killers.

Come on guys, what do you say?

Are you a white man and can you jump? If so, then you've got my vote for Woody, especially if you want to use this role as a launching pad to play some ball, kill of a few folk, and let some rich dude shag your wife for a million bucks. :D

Hugh Januss said:
I like Christmas.

so what christmas music does everyone like? i mean, i like the usual chruchy
stuff and the pop stuff too. my favorite..."jingle bell rock" after that "o come
all ye faithfull". 10 years in the church choir as a youth will do that. john lennon's "and so this is christmas" is the favorite of anything since the mid '50's.

usedtobefast said:
stuff and the pop stuff too. my favorite..."jingle bell rock" after that "o come
all ye faithfull". 10 years in the church choir as a youth will do that. john lennon's "and so this is christmas" is the favorite of anything since the mid '50's.

I am partial to any of The Chipmunk's christmas masterpieces.:)

A

Anonymous

usedtobefast said:

bob dylan is releasing a xmas album this year...

no.. really...

http://www.billboard.com/news/bob-dylan-christmas-album-coming-1004000909.story

Mar 18, 2009
Visit site
Christmas - there are things I miss about Christmas. I moved from Australia to the US and now live in Canada. A white Christmas, especially for an Australian, is truly magical. Still is. The length of the winter in eastern Canada is a bit of a drag for those that enjoy cycling, but a white Christmas is still a lot of fun. However, I do miss the Australian Christmas wearing shorts and eating seafood and cold cuts in 30C sunny weather. The beach, the waves, a cold tinny or two. Mmmm.

In regards to my favourite Christmas music, I am actually partial to the Eurythmics's "Winter Wonderland" and a great CD called "Christmas with the Rat Pack" featuring Dean Martin, Frank Sinatra and Sammy Davis Jr.

that eurythmics tune is good, and the chipmunks are classic. i grew up in texas
and in the dallas area we had one white christmas that was very cool(pun).
here in socal, we have gone to big bear on occasion for really white xmas.
pretty neat. just the fact people are a little more light hearted makes the season nice.:)

Cobber said:
+(whateverwereupto) for the Cafe. As long as it serves Boag's premium I'll be happy.

I visited Australia a couple of years ago (my girlfriend is Australian, living here in the US) and was suprised if not dismayed at the general poor quality of beer availible. I was able to find a couple of good microbrews but if I had to live on the mainstream Aussie beers it would drive me from drink.
That 4 X p!sswater could make me like Coors or Bud (almost).
There maybe this will start something!

Mar 18, 2009
Visit site
Hugh Januss said:
I visited Australia a couple of years ago (my girlfriend is Australian, living here in the US) and was suprised if not dismayed at the general poor quality of beer availible. I was able to find a couple of good microbrews but if I had to live on the mainstream Aussie beers it would drive me from drink.
There maybe this will start something!

I am not sure if you know the joke, but why do Queenslander's call their beer XXXX? A: Because they can't spell B-E-E-R. OK, so it is not very funny. For the rest of the Australian beer drinking public, it is more like P-I-S-S. However, don't base your impressions of Australian beer on XXXX alone. Being Victorian, I am very partial to Victoria Bitter. As Cobber said, Boag's is a very nice beer, as are most Tassie beers. I lived in Adelaide (South Australia) for 4 years and I would walk many a mile for a Coopers Pale Ale. In fact, I was in New York City a few years ago and we came across a pub serving Coopers - I thought all my Christmases had come at once. So did my friends because I was so happy I shouted more than a few rounds!

Mar 18, 2009
Visit site
Hugh Januss said:

No - don't do it! Not Coors or Bud! :D

I generally don't like mainstream US beers, except for maybe Sam Adams. Microbreweries are where US beers excel. I lived in Fort Collins, CO, for 2 years. I love New Belgium Brewery beers and I still bring back a couple of 6-packs of Fat Tire with me every time I visit friends in Fort Collins.

In Canada, I like a microbrewery in Toronto called Mill Street and also Alexander Keith's beers, particularly the new white Keiths.

elapid said:
I am not sure if you know the joke, but why do Queenslander's call their beer XXXX? A: Because they can't spell B-E-E-R. OK, so it is not very funny. For the rest of the Australian beer drinking public, it is more like P-I-S-S. However, don't base your impressions of Australian beer on XXXX alone. Being Victorian, I am very partial to Victoria Bitter. As Cobber said, Boag's is a very nice beer, as are most Tassie beers. I lived in Adelaide (South Australia) for 4 years and I would walk many a mile for a Coopers Pale Ale. In fact, I was in New York City a few years ago and we came across a pub serving Coopers - I thought all my Christmases had come at once. So did my friends because I was so happy I shouted more than a few rounds!

Oh yeah, my virtual father in law told me that one right away. And then there was "Fosters, it's Australian for Bud, mate".
I like IPAs the best, the hoppyer the better, so I was a little disappointed with the Victoria Bitter's lack of real bitterness, although I did fall back on it a large part of the time I was there. The Coopers was good too, but again not quite sharp enough for my personal taste. I was dismayed to discover that Sierra Nevada Pale Ale hadn't found it's way over.

TRENDING THREADS