• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Camilo Ardila

He seems to refer to himself as Camilo rather than Andres, but looking at his two stage wins in the baby Giro he looks like he can push a monster gear uphill and just ride away from people. Check them out on YouTube.

A four year deal with UAE too, hopefully he can get over the knee pain that kept him out of Avenir.

Looking forward to seeing how he gets on.

I cannot forget his name because My son has the same name! :)
Anyway, I am eager to know how Camilo and Einer will end up as far as performance is concerned in the World Tour.
For some reason the Tour de l'Avenir has been more representative of good future talent than the baby Giro. But we'll see.

I cannot forget his name because My son has the same name! :)
Anyway, I am eager to know how Camilo and Einer will end up as far as performance is concerned in the World Tour.
For some reason the Tour de l'Avenir has been more representative of good future talent than the baby Giro. But we'll see.

He couldn’t ride Avenir because of knee pain, so we’ll never know if he’d have done well.

Reminds me of Lopez a bit, albeit his ITT could be a bit better than Superman’s.

He seems to refer to himself as Camilo rather than Andres, but looking at his two stage wins in the baby Giro he looks like he can push a monster gear uphill and just ride away from people. Check them out on YouTube.

A four year deal with UAE too, hopefully he can get over the knee pain that kept him out of Avenir.

Looking forward to seeing how he gets on.

Surely he's able to do that no matter what he calls himself...

Reactions: Joelsim
Surely he's able to do that no matter what he calls himself...
He couldn’t ride Avenir because of knee pain, so we’ll never know if he’d have done well.

Reminds me of Lopez a bit, albeit his ITT could be a bit better than Superman’s.
He said durning the Baby Giro that his TT-skills are really bad, so he's maybe more of a Sosa type of rider.
Souce: https://www.tuttobiciweb.it/article...5/giro-d-italia-under-23-andres-camilo-ardila

Reactions: Joelsim
Google Translate:

After Alexander Cepeda and Andreas Leknessund, the editorial staff of Velo-Club invites you to discover a new youngster and neo-pro talent. And this time, it was the Colombian Camilo Ardila, future resident of the UAE Team Emirates team that caught our attention.

Already excellent and certainly the strongest during the Vuelta Juventud (the equivalent of the Tour de l'Avenir in Colombia), Camilo Ardila then made short work of his opponents during the Giro U23. One leg above the competition as soon as the road climbed, his acceleration left his rivals behind, and he finished the race more than four minutes ahead of the second. Amazing for all those who could see the race live, and also enormously promising for the future, given his qualities as an outstanding climber.

It remains to know its margin of progression, because for a few years, we see more and more Colombians explode everything in the categories of young people or during their first professional years, without crossing a new level then when the competition it progresses physically. The best example being that of Miguel-Angel Lopez.

Our prediction: difficult to get a real idea of the level that Camilo Ardila will display in 2020, especially since following a knee injury, the young Colombian has not really run in competition (except on a short time in November) since last May, and his victorious Giro. Nevertheless, he should be able to show himself, and depending on the schedule that UAE Team Emirates will concoct him, he will have chances to raise his arms at least once next season.

Google Translate:

Always funny for the best climbers from the European U23 circuit. If you think you can start with great ambition in the Giro d’Italia U23, Colombia will start there with a whole battalion of feather-light pocket climbers. This year it was so bad that the entire final podium consisted of riders from the South American country, of which Einer Rubio was at the start on behalf of the Italian Vejus Aran. However, this passage is not about him, but about his countryman Andrés Camilo Ardila, one year younger.

The 20-year-old Colombian was king, emperor, admiral in the Giro d’Italia for promises. In the first journeys he still flew under the radar. But when the mountain stages arrived, Ardila was right away. He doubled on Monte Amitata and a day later he was also a primus on the Passo Maniva. The Colombian would no longer lose his leading position and was never embarrassed for a moment. With a lead of more than two minutes over Rubio, Ardila managed to win the Giro.

It may be clear: a new climbing sensation is born. Although an injury prevented him from participating in the Tour of the Future, the WorldTour teams lined up in front of him. In the end the young Colombian chose UAE-Emirates, where he meets a friend in Joxean Fernández. In almost all cases, the Spaniard is the adviser and contact person for young Colombians in Europe. "Matxin (the nickname of Fernández, ed.) Immediately believed in my abilities, even before the Giro started," said Ardila.

I have no clue about this rider but if he doesn't turn it around soon he will be shipped to Colombia with nothing to show for. There could be several explanations for his poor showing but at this moment we don't which one is it.
Its also super quiet around him, no news coming through in Colombia either? He somehow made the pre-selection for Colombia for the Olympics, but no clue why!?

• Wow
Reactions: Sandisfan

TRENDING THREADS