• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Campy 11 ergoshifter question

Jul 23, 2010
Visit site
I replaced my bar and put the Campy 11 ergo shifter back on today. I tried to tighten the shifter to the bar and the bleeping torx head is now slightly stripped. The shifter is not quite tight enough.

Any suggestions?

It does not seem to want to tighten anymore, yet the shifter is moveable on the bar(not easy but easy enough)

TIA

TopCarbon said:
I replaced my bar and put the Campy 11 ergo shifter back on today. I tried to tighten the shifter to the bar and the bleeping torx head is now slightly stripped. The shifter is not quite tight enough.

Any suggestions?

It does not seem to want to tighten anymore, yet the shifter is moveable on the bar(not easy but easy enough)

TIA

Go to a bike shop and get a steel replacement 'nut'. It's the same nut as the ones that hold brake calipers on. Short one.

Sep 23, 2010
Visit site
TopCarbon said:

Any suggestions?

TIA

Have a look at this video from You Tube: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PDXieeYiDYs.

Or type into Google search - How to remove stripped Torx head bolts - for further information.

Mar 10, 2009
Visit site
For those of you who don't want to watch the bad angled video.

Its called a "pro Grabit" and can be bought at Home Depot or a tool/hardware store. Its a bit you attach to your drill to remove the stripped torx screw.

I'm not sure how you're going to get it to removed your stripped bold on the 11 sp shifters though...