• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Can anyone beat these 6

Page 3 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Nah. He can’t stay with them long enough to try and contest the sprint. Even then I put both Wout and Mathieu over him in a sprint after a very hard day. Not to mention an uphill finish.
Think it's possible he can beat them in a flat sprint after the heavier sprinters have been dropped, he's won pan-flat sprints before and been second on the champs-elysees. Also copes with very hard days extremely well

and now we hear Pogacar numbers at Tirreno are so much better than Froome in 2013 and Nibali in 2012
But even Niablis numbers are almost a minute better than in 2012 yet he was dropped today

Fuglsang numbers were better at Strade Bianche than ever before and yet he could only hang in the second 2nd group

Must be very disheartening that you are better than ever and still miles off the pace

Great rider and all the Mads Petersen is I dont put him with the top 6
He will not beat VdP or WVA or Allpahillipe or Benett in each one best terrain

And of course he will not beat Ganna in TT
or Rog or Pog in the mountains/up hill finishes

If you mean Worlds it has been well-documented that Mathieu bonked. He simply didn’t eat enough. Won’t make that mistake twice. Where was Mads in Amstel? RVV? Strade? BP? DDV?

Like I said, he has to manage to stay with the big 3 first... Then he can face the next challenge of beating them in a sprint after a hard race.
I'm not saying he's as good a rider as either of them just that there is a situation in a race just hard enough to drop the sprinters where he can beat WVA (and the others) a decent amount of the time

and now we hear Pogacar numbers at Tirreno are so much better than Froome in 2013 and Nibali in 2012
But even Niablis numbers are almost a minute better than in 2012 yet he was dropped today

Fuglsang numbers were better at Strade Bianche than ever before and yet he could only hang in the second 2nd group

Must be very disheartening that you are better than ever and still miles off the pace

Great rider and all the Mads Petersen is I dont put him with the top 6
He will not beat VdP or WVA or Allpahillipe or Benett in each one best terrain

And of course he will not beat Ganna in TT
or Rog or Pog in the mountains/up hill finishes
Better than ever but still miles off the pace..... unfortunately suspicions will grow.

8 times MdvP, WVA, and JA have been in the same race. 8 times one of them won. (that's what I heard today--there must be some sort of qualification--not sure)
Well, they had also been together in the race at stage 4 and stage 6 of Tirreno-Adriatico and none of these three won, so this statistic may have his mistakes..
But generally I agree, when there is hilly terrain and one of these three really want to win, it´s difficult at the moment to beat them.

TRENDING THREADS