• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Can anyone beat these 6

MVdP
Roglic
Allaphillipe
Pogacar
Wout van Aert
Sam Bennet

These six riders seem unbeatable at the moment in races (except by each other) in every discipline

I would love to see the unexpected or other win the classics or the GT but cant see anyone beating any of those six in any race bar accident or illness

Does these guys strength make cycling better or is it 2 tier now

Can Gilbert win his 5th monument
Can Matthews or someone else win MSR
Can anyone else win PR

I can's see it but hope I am wrong

MVdP
Roglic
Allaphillipe
Pogacar
Wout van Aert
Sam Bennet

These six riders seem unbeatable at the moment in races (except by each other) in every discipline

I would love to see the unexpected or other win the classics or the GT but cant see anyone beating any of those six in any race bar accident or illness

Can anyone else win PR

Add Ganna in the TTs.

MVdP
Roglic
Allaphillipe
Pogacar
Wout van Aert
Sam Bennet

Can anyone else win PR

Next year we can be talking different riders. So it happens!
Towards the end of the year 2020 everyone was talking Hirschi. At the beginning of the year in the mountains Quintana had no match.
What about Evenepoel before the crash?
Mollema is getting the hang on the hilly classics.

It seems there's Big3 in classics (MVP, WVA, Ala) and Big2 in stage races (Roglic, Pogacar). Also there's a dominant TT-ist (Ganna) and sprinter (Benett).
But things are consistently changing: soon there could be a new Big3 in stage races (Pogacar, Evenepoel, Bernal) and Hirschi is already a top classic rider (who will probably improve further).

I think you don't like him anymore since he left Sunweb... but what about Hirschi?

I dont dislike Hirschi cos he left Sunweb more so that Sunweb got rid of him and nobody really knows why
Lets see what Hirschi and Evenepoel can do this year

I agree Ganna should be rider number 7

And I know every year riders are good at different times ,etc but these guys seem on another level to everyone else in their discipline and I dont think its just form

Reactions: Sandisfan

weening.jpg
[/url]

Reactions: Red Rick
MVdP
Roglic
Allaphillipe
Pogacar
Wout van Aert
Sam Bennet

Can anyone else win PR

Yes, they make cycling better!

MVdP
Roglic
Allaphillipe
Pogacar
Wout van Aert
Sam Bennet

Can anyone else win PR

Yeah, don't believe in this. All of these guys can and will be beaten (some of them have been already). And Bennett being on this list makes no sense. He's certainly good but by no means head and shoulders above the rest, even with the DQ bump. We're certainly not talking about a Cav or Petacchi situation with him. The one guy who could conceivably be invincible this year is the guy you didn't include.

Reactions: Koronin

TRENDING THREADS