• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Canadian WT Races: GP de Quebec (9/9) and GP de Montreal (11/9)

Jul 28, 2010
Visit site
Grand Prix Cycliste de Québec 2011

_edsc5423_600.jpg

Startlist

Results Last Year
1 Thomas Voeckler (Fra) BBox Bouygues Telecom 4:35:27
2 Edvald Boasson Hagen (Nor) Sky Professional Cycling Team 0:00:01
3 Robert Gesink (Ned) Rabobank
4 Ryder Hesjedal (Can) Garmin - Transitions
5 Staf Scheirlinckx (Bel) Omega Pharma-Lotto
6 Alessandro Ballan (Ita) BMC Racing Team
7 Fabian Wegmann (Ger) Team Milram
8 Maxime Monfort (Bel) Team HTC - Columbia
9 Francesco Reda (Ita) Quick Step
10 Damiano Cunego (Ita) Lampre-Farnese Vini

elite_men_profile_600.png

Jul 28, 2010
Visit site
Grand Prix Cycliste de Montreal

Grand Prix Cycliste de Montréal 2011

gp_montreal03_gesink_2010_600.jpg

Startlist

Results Last Year
1 Robert Gesink (Ned) Rabobank 4:58:22
2 Peter Sagan (Svk) Liquigas-Doimo 0:00:04
3 Ryder Hesjedal (Can) Garmin - Transitions
4 Haimar Zubeldia Agirre (Spa) Team Radioshack
5 Maxime Monfort (Bel) Team HTC - Columbia
6 Samuel Sanchez Gonzalez (Spa) Euskaltel - Euskadi 0:00:09
7 Leonardo Duque (Col) Cofidis, Le Credit En Ligne 0:00:14
8 Alexander Botcharov (Rus) Team Katusha
9 Francesco Gavazzi (Ita) Lampre-Farnese Vini
10 Alessandro Ballan (Ita) BMC Racing Team

elite_men_profile_1_600.png

maltiv said:
EBH for Quebec (he has a really strong team this time) and Gilbert for Montreal (his form might be bad but the course is just perfect for him).

I'd go with those picks. Where's Tommy V (he's not on the list for Quebec or ToB)? Look out for Ryder, Gesink, Sammy Sanchez and the Little Prince, particularly in Montreal.

A

Anonymous

maltiv said:
EBH for Quebec (he has a really strong team this time) and Gilbert for Montreal (his form might be bad but the course is just perfect for him).

Im going Gilbert for Quebec, and EBH For Montreal.

Dekker_Tifosi said:
Gesink will drop EBH like a fly on that hill in Montreal..again.
Just like TGBM dropped EBH in TDF stage 17? ;)

Not that EBH tried to follow the Gesink attack, he understandably had more than enough following Samuel Sanchez's wheel, which is quite a performance by a sprinter or whatever he is. I can't see Gesink doing the same this year though, surely Gilbert will be able to keep his wheel (or Leipheimer with his colorado form :eek:)

maltiv said:
Just like TGBM dropped EBH in TDF stage 17? ;)

Not that EBH tried to follow the Gesink attack, he understandably had more than enough following Samuel Sanchez's wheel, which is quite a performance by a sprinter or whatever he is. I can't see Gesink doing the same this year though, surely Gilbert will be able to keep his wheel (or Leipheimer with his colorado form :eek:)
Actually I don't think Gilbert can do what Gesink did there... keep a 10 second lead for 10 kms, I'd like to see it. That race almost has to come down to a sprint. Just like Quebec, really. EBH the big favourite to take the double.

As for TGBM: don't know what he has to do with this, but bear in mind that he had been sick in the Tour, and getting 2nd on a stage was more than could be expected.

Jul 16, 2010
Visit site
theyoungest said:
Actually I don't think Gilbert can do what Gesink did there... keep a 10 second lead for 10 kms, I'd like to see it. That race almost has to come down to a sprint. Just like Quebec, really. EBH the big favourite to take the double.

As for TGBM: don't know what he has to do with this, but bear in mind that he had been sick in the Tour, and getting 2nd on a stage was more than could be expected.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d-VZVpmFQLc

And that was on bad form.

I don't think Phil will win any of the Canadian races because he's not in a decent shape anymore, but Gilbert could definitely do what Gesink did there. Gilbert in April or June form would most likely rape the field at both races any way he wants. I'm actually tipping for a "surprise" Vanendert victory. Surprise in the sense that everyone assumes he'll be working for Phil.

Jul 16, 2010
Visit site
Tank Engine said:
I'd go with those picks. Where's Tommy V (he's not on the list for Quebec or ToB)? Look out for Ryder, Gesink, Sammy Sanchez and the Little Prince, particularly in Montreal.

Voeckler is not riding and Euskaltel crashed again with their entire team on a training ride just like last year :eek:

These guys are a parody of them selves.

Ps: I don't think Il Principe is riding as well.

Sep 27, 2009
Visit site
El Pistolero said:
Voeckler is not riding and Euskaltel crashed again with their entire team on a training ride just like last year :eek:

These guys are a parody of them selves.

Ps: I don't think Il Principe is riding as well.

Don't be like that, last year they all fell over, this year two managed to stay upright. They are improving!!!!!!!

El Pistolero said:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d-VZVpmFQLc

And that was on bad form.

I don't think Phil will win any of the Canadian races because he's not in a decent shape anymore, but Gilbert could definitely do what Gesink did there. Gilbert in April or June form would most likely rape the field at both races any way he wants. I'm actually tipping for a "surprise" Vanendert victory. Surprise in the sense that everyone assumes he'll be working for Phil.

yeah I dont think Phil will actually win either of them.

I think he will be up there in at least 1 of them though - he needs to finish in the top 8 of either to get enough points to be World No 1 ... and I dont think he wants to leave till Lombardy.

EBH for both.

These were the most fun races to watch with the forum.

Bicycle racing at its very very finest, and some top posts too.

Who could forget this legendary exchange

Dekker_Tifosi said:
For people with British Eurosport, they can watch live from the start. I hope they can give updates

Mellow Velo said:
Ha ha! Gesink already has a "mechanical" and has had to nick JP's bike.:D
(how's that for an update?)

And of course Moondance going out in a blaze of fire (into a one week ban, hence missing Gesinks greatest win).

Some good racing too.

I kind of felt like a loser not going out, as it was a Friday until i saw everyone else was staying in too.

This time i feel like a loser as i probably will be out and hence not watch it, though i probably dont have sufficient internet to watch it anyway.

I wont be surprised if Gilbert wins, even though hes probably off form, and its not his course.

May 17, 2009
Visit site
Gilbert might not be on top shape, but atleast he was in the front group at the finish in Plouay, while EBH was way off the pace.

Jun 22, 2009
Visit site
The Hitch said:
These were the most fun races to watch with the forum.

Bicycle racing at its very very finest, and some top posts too.

Who could forget this legendary exchange

And of course Moondance going out in a blaze of fire (into a one week ban, hence missing Gesinks greatest win).

Some good racing too.

I kind of felt like a loser not going out, as it was a Friday until i saw everyone else was staying in too.

This time i feel like a loser as i probably will be out and hence not watch it, though i probably dont have sufficient internet to watch it anyway.

I wont be surprised if Gilbert wins, even though hes probably off form, and its not his course.

This is the suckiest thing about cycling in aus.

Often the thurs, fri and sat nights have great stages, but you got prior social commitments. Ohwell, lucky we got record.

TRENDING THREADS