• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Cannondale getting dropped in the new era of cycling

Page 3 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Garmin won f.cking LBL, the dopingest of doping races. If that isn't a sign of a cleaner peloton, I don't know what is.

Ryder dropping out of a race where all guys of his body type had a difficult time, and Talansky not being able to follow the peloton when ill... that's not worrisome at all. Garmin just need to sign themselves some decent climbing domestiques, that's all.

Gregga said:
Except from this (from the famous Andreu/Vaughters IM exchange) : "Cyclevaughters: believe me, as crazy as it sounds - Moreau was on nothing. Hct of 39%"

Considering Moreau's dodgy performances (following LA in 2000 in the TdF, 2001 prologue, 2006, 2007) I dont believe it !

Nice one, I forgot about that.

Apr 10, 2011
Visit site
theyoungest said:
Garmin won f.cking LBL, the dopingest of doping races. If that isn't a sign of a cleaner peloton, I don't know what is.

Ryder dropping out of a race where all guys of his body type had a difficult time, and Talansky not being able to follow the peloton when ill... that's not worrisome at all. Garmin just need to sign themselves some decent climbing domestiques, that's all.

Why are you bother replying to him... ? Hog posting most of time is just pure trolling...

Mar 13, 2009
Visit site
theyoungest said:

thats one explanation. do you want a second chance?

blackcat said:
thats one explanation. do you want a second chance?
This thread was opened on the premise that the peloton can't be clean, since Garmin aren't doing so well. I say they are. They won a GT and a classic, both heavily doped races in the past.

If you don't believe Garmin are clean, then there's no point in replying to this thread, don't you think? :eek:

Zam_Olyas said:
Big doopie says so and big doopie know his stuff.

Now don't get me started on third person shtick again. ;)

But you are one astute laddie! Thank you.

Big Doopie actually admitted being "dead wrong" just yesterday in another post. Big Doopie must surely need his head examined to admit such a thing in an online forum.

However, I do believe that since Festina the French have been forced to be cleaner. The ones who got results went to foreign teams to get them. I do believe also that the BP has allowed the French in general to compete on slightly more even footing in the last 2-3 years. However, they are still incapable of generating a top top gc candidate. And my guess is, those positions are still generally taken up by those who flirt with the limits of the bp and not because the French suck. In fact, it is statistically impossible that a nation such as France go without a gc candidate for so long without extenuating circumstances such as I have described above.

Big Doopie has spoken.

Cheers.

theyoungest said:
This thread was opened on the premise that the peloton can't be clean, since Garmin aren't doing so well. I say they are. They won a GT and a classic, both heavily doped races in the past.

If you don't believe Garmin are clean, then there's no point in replying to this thread, don't you think? :eek:

Team Garmin dropped again.

Man this new era of cycling sure is fast! :rolleyes:

I think that Garmin traditionally are
1) Win Stages in GT
2) Win TTT in GTs
3) Wear main jerseys in GTs
4) Win minor races.
5) Top ten for GC in GTs
6) Win one important race.
Last year was exceptional for them in the sense that they won the Giro. If they are expected to win or podium at least one GT every year, then they will fail as they donot have riders of that capability.
This year is also good as they won their first Ardennes Classics LBL.
Last year they were 9th in protour. Right now they are 7th which i think is ok.

IndianCyclist said:
1) Win Stages in GT
2) Win TTT in GTs
4) Win minor races.
5) Top ten for GC in GTs
Last year was exceptional for them in the sense that they won the Giro. If they are expected to win or podium at least one GT every year, then they will fail as they donot have riders of that capability.

their Giro win was a total fluke imo. Garmin may never win another GT again

IndianCyclist said:
1) Win Stages in GT
2) Win TTT in GTs
4) Win minor races.
5) Top ten for GC in GTs

Is it odd that an ex-Garmin rider, who never made the Garmin Tour squad, would be dragging the Wizards from Oz to a TTT win?

How come he wasn't good enough before?

Dave.

Mar 13, 2009
Visit site
Team Garmin getting dropped in the new era of cycling

if this was true.

what about the question, Team Garmin, NOT GETTING dropped in the OLD ERA???

Mar 13, 2009
Visit site
D-Queued said:
Is it odd that an ex-Garmin rider, who never made the Garmin Tour squad, would be dragging the Wizards from Oz to a TTT win?

How come he wasn't good enough before?

Dave.
TTTs were once the hallmark and staple (thats a lawfirm too) of ONCE, USPS and Telekom.

prize for anyone who can answer what they had in common.

IndianCyclist said:
1) Win Stages in GT
2) Win TTT in GTs
4) Win minor races.
5) Top ten for GC in GTs

Not sure even Top 10.

Anonymous in this race.

Big Doopie said:
However, I do believe that since Festina the French have been forced to be cleaner. The ones who got results went to foreign teams to get them. I do believe also that the BP has allowed the French in general to compete on slightly more even footing in the last 2-3 years. However, they are still incapable of generating a top top gc candidate. And my guess is, those positions are still generally taken up by those who flirt with the limits of the bp and not because the French suck. In fact, it is statistically impossible that a nation such as France go without a gc candidate for so long without extenuating circumstances such as I have described above.

Big Doopie has spoken.

Cheers.

Terrible Vuelta, worlds wasn’t so good for Garmin riders.

They’ve fallen off the pace.

But I think now they’re really about chasing stages and winning the odd race here and there.

Dan Martin is the shining light out of all of them.

thehog said:
Terrible Vuelta, worlds wasn’t so good for Garmin riders.

They’ve fallen off the pace.

But I think now they’re really about chasing stages and winning the odd race here and there.

Dan Martin is the shining light out of all of them.

That's not surprising considering the squad they sent to the Vuelta and with Dan Martin having to pull out early on.

Vaughters has big ambitions for 2014 to turn Garmin into a GC stage racing powerhouse: http://velonews.competitor.com/2013/09/news/garmin-set-for-dramatic-overhaul-in-2014_303875

In fairness they won a monument in 2013, a year after they won a Grand Tour. So they're not exactly doing too badly but they do need to gain more consistent results across the season.

TRENDING THREADS