• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Captain's analysis of Garmin blood data

Mar 31, 2010
Visit site
Dear Wiggo said:
He beat me to it - been looking forward to asking how David MIllar's blood values can increase from pre-season all the way through to TdF. Makes no sense at all.

hemaeglobine can increase by sickness or getting lots if iron preparates. or just random who knows? it's not as if these guys are riding non stop 365 days. then it would be abnormal yes, like in a gt rising hamaeglobine

Sep 29, 2012
dearwiggo.blogspot.com.au
Ryo Hazuki said:
hemaeglobine can increase by sickness or getting lots if iron preparates. or just random who knows? it's not as if these guys are riding non stop 365 days. then it would be abnormal yes, like in a gt rising hamaeglobine

Plasma expansion vs Off season. No, it does not increase through the year and halfway into the Tour. His last reading is July 17 2008 - that's halfway through the Tour, when he scores his highest Hgb value and lowest retic% for the year. His lowest Hgb is when he has his highest retic% - in the off season.

Did you even look at the graph or the linked article?

Mar 31, 2010
Visit site
I answered how they can increase from pre-season to the start of the tour. after that is doubtful it's possible I agree. still where graphs come from?

Oct 16, 2010
Visit site
Interesting stuff.

On a side note, the Rabobank director today hit the nail on the head: "we have become convinced that cycling is unable to clean itself up", he was quoted as saying.
Is there still anybody left who believes in JV's clean cycling talk?
And it's not as if JV didn't know a few months back how dirty cycling still is.
He knew, and yet he chose to spout BS about clean cycling and marginal gains.
:rolleyes:

Mar 13, 2009
Visit site
sniper said:
Interesting stuff.

On a side note, the Rabobank director today hit the nail on the head: "we have become convinced that cycling is unable to clean itself up", he was quoted as saying.
Is there still anybody left who believes in JV's clean cycling talk?
And it's not as if JV didn't know a few months back how dirty cycling still is.
He knew, and yet he chose to spout BS about clean cycling and marginal gains.
:rolleyes:
it would be good if Arbiter->BanProCycling->Polish->et.al. handles, could come back as

"marginal gains".

I might be able to forgive him then for the flood of sockpuppets and handles

Mar 13, 2009
Visit site
Dear Wiggo said:
He beat me to it - been looking forward to asking how David MIllar's blood values can increase from pre-season all the way through to TdF. Makes no sense at all.

aaach, but it makes perfect sense.

Mar 13, 2009
Visit site
4xw9.jpg

Look at that blog. It's poorly presented and even more poorly argued by an anonymous person. Yet you beleive it because it fits your prejudices. Look at blogs by proper (named) scientists, such as the Science in Sport guys to see how proper scientists present their work. It's just nonsense.

It's just crap written by someone who seems to have no idea what he's talking about.

Parker said:
Look at that blog. It's poorly presented and even more poorly argued by an anonymous person. Yet you beleive it because it fits your prejudices. Look at blogs by proper (named) scientists, such as the Science in Sport guys to see how proper scientists present their work. It's just nonsense.

It's just crap written by someone who seems to have no idea what he's talking about.
Don't dismiss him just because you don't get his shtick. It's not poorly argued, and he's credible enough that JV decided to share Hesjedal's data with him. Of course, he can make mistakes, and JV and apparently Ashenden disagree with his assessment, but that doesn't mean it's crap just because the writer uses a gimmick.

Sep 29, 2012
Parker said:

i am assembling studies links to back up my presentation.

it is fortunate that you find captainbag poorly argued and krebs cycle convincing. it confirms your consistency.

this is a great time. festina is upon us, and we have a chance to show the redemption tour is as true to the pattern as last time, thanks to anti-social media.

domino effect is what we need.

hrotha said:
Don't dismiss him just because you don't get his shtick. It's not poorly argued, and he's credible enough that JV decided to share Hesjedal's data with him. Of course, he can make mistakes, and JV and apparently Ashenden disagree with his assessment, but that doesn't mean it's crap just because the writer uses a gimmick.

No he's not credible. I know scientists, I was one, and sports scientists. None of them present their work like that. Nobody with the sufficient academic qualifications to correctly interpret blood values would present work like that. Ever. It would be embarrassing. It would be embarrassing to a school student. He may have conned someone into giving them their blood values, but he's a joke.

Sep 29, 2012
Parker said:
I don't think I've said anything about Krebs Cycle. .

no, not directly. and yet when presented with opportunity... ?

*crickets*

same as acoggan and KC when armchair uttered something silly.

*crickets*

the great thing about telling the truth? consistency regardless of memory.

hrotha said:
He can. He won't. Again, it's his shtick. If you can't understand this, I can't help you.

So a scientist who presumably wants his opinions to taken seriously choses to blog as though he is a teenage stoner. I don't think so.

If Einstein had presented his theory of relativity in the same way, I don't think people would have taken him seriously.

Time is not the same.
Space is not the same.
Light is the same.
Is what I see what you see?
Energy and mass are they the same thing?
Not normal.

TRENDING THREADS