• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Cav's Dangerous sprinting.

Jun 16, 2009
Visit site
Cav's dangerous sprinting...what should his punishment be as he has caused many accidents or near accidents. He is a dangerous sprinter. What should the race and/or HTC do with him?

Moondance said:
From the helicopter it looked like he simply refused to take the turn and got tangled with another rider and went down.

It was a mistake, obviously, but he did cause that crash I thought.
I mean, he didn't cause the crash by being an obnoxious jerk or by taking more risks than necessary. Of course, if all riders always handled their bikes perfectly all the time, no one would ever crash.

No one said anything about Farrar, for example.

May 20, 2010
Visit site
Well he didn't get to sprint today. But you know I think given that Cavendish is a WC in the Madison he has proven he can sprint in a chaotic environment and is just having some back luck. And looking back at the replay he was just following the wheel of his leadout man. He didn't go wide until after contact with the Lampre rider who looks is tightening his line

Jun 16, 2009
Visit site
euanli said:
Well he didn't get to sprint today. But you know I think given that Cavendish is a WC in the Madison he has proven he can sprint in a chaotic environment and is just having some back luck. And looking back at the replay he was just following the wheel of his leadout man. He didn't go wide until after contact.

In the lead out of the sprint then. He was bashing into freire I think and clearly made an illegal move.

hrotha said:
I mean, he didn't cause the crash by being an obnoxious jerk or by taking more risks than necessary. Of course, if all riders always handled their bikes perfectly all the time, no one would ever crash.

I agree, but in line with what the OP said, this is a not the first time in the last month alone that poor handling from Cav has caused a crash. Tom Boonen and Heinrich Haussler would agree with me I think.

May 20, 2010
Visit site
You need to watch the replay carefully. It is a Lampre rider he contacts with and Feire is unlucky and rides into the back of them contacting

Oct 6, 2009
Visit site
Moondance said:
I agree, but in line with what the OP said, this is a not the first time in the last month alone that poor handling from Cav has caused a crash. Tom Boonen and Heinrich Haussler would agree with me I think.

+1 Cav is not making friends in the peloton. I'm still expecting somebody to give him some payback at some point. :eek:

A

Anonymous

auscyclefan94 said:
Cav's dangerous sprinting...what should his punishment be as he has caused many accidents or near accidents. He is a dangerous sprinter. What should the race and/or HTC do with him?

it wasnt a sprinting accident so how can it be classed as dangerous sprinting?

He lost it on a corner, just as many riders have done in the past on corners in leadouts, its a pretty common occurence. Get over it.

edit: oh hello mark by the way *waves*

May 24, 2010
Visit site
He was too hot going into the bend, no great shakes, racing accident. I think he wanted the stage rather than chuck it away and take out some other riders!!!:rolleyes:

A

Anonymous

Siriuscat said:
He was too hot going into the bend, no great shakes, racing accident. I think he wanted the stage rather than chuck it away and take out some other riders!!!:rolleyes:

No, lets face it, Cav is a dangerous psychopath who has no intrest in winning. His only aim is to destroy cycling from the inside until everyone is injured. He's posted me a couple of stingers by courier for the stage tommorow.

May 20, 2010
Visit site
It also looks to me like Farrar deviated from his sprinting line by many meters and then suddenly had an AG2R rider in his back. Lets not call that dangerous sprinting though.

A

Anonymous

euanli said:
It also looks to me like Farrar deviated from his sprinting line by many meters and then suddenly had an AG2R rider in his back. Lets not call that dangerous sprinting though.

transitions lenses working their magic ;)

Dr. Maserati

BANNED
Jun 19, 2009
Visit site
auscyclefan94 said:

Seriously - he missed a corner, that is not dangerous sprinting.

But to answer your question - maybe he will learn if he gets an 'infraction' and a PM from Susan.....

Siriuscat said:

Too hot going into the bend? He was on the wheel of his teammates who made it around just fine. You're an apologist...lame.

Apr 2, 2010
Visit site
hrotha said:

Haha, not the same at all, Farrar had someone crash into him from behind and he was dragging his bike in his derailleur. Cavendish ran into someone because he forgot to turn.

Dr. Maserati

BANNED
Jun 19, 2009
Visit site
euanli said:
Was that after Farrar deviated from his sprinting line to the right by about 3 metres or before?

O dear - go back and look at the video Farrar - he had little to do with it.

Cav got pushed in a corner and lost his line - nothing more to it, trying to bring in "deviated from his sprinting line" is weak - did the comm's throw out Petacchi ? No...

Dec 4, 2009
Visit site
My view of today's replay is that he got bumped at the beginning of the corner and could not recover, then leaning into another rider and crashing. Ensuing riders could not avoid the melee.

I'm not in any way a Boy Racer fan but today maybe he didn't cause the crash.

May 20, 2010
Visit site
Dr. Maserati said:
O dear - go back and look at the video Farrar - he had little to do with it.

Cav got pushed in a corner and lost his line - nothing more to it, trying to bring in "deviated from his sprinting line" is weak - did the comm's throw out Petacchi ? No...

I was responding to the comment above where Farrar had "someone crash into him from behind".

Read further back and you will see me saying Cav was following Renshaw's wheel and deviated after contact with the Lampre rider who actually tightens his line. Oscar rides into the back of them and they all come across and hit Hunt who tangles with the Lampre rider

No idea why Cyclingnews are reporting Cav clashed with Hunt.

Check the replay and sort the riders out from that. The rider Cav clashes with ends up flat on his back

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V5tqtj8roMQ

TRENDING THREADS