• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Chris Comical serves up a fresh batch of Kool-Aid (or maybe it's Hawaiian Punch?)

Time to roll out Chris Comical and his annual "Lance's numbers are equal to or better than any he had during his Tour de France run" script. This time with the caveat that 2004 was better, but only because he "was on a rampage".

Once again, Lance is "months ahead" of his old schedule. Kinda makes you wonder what they were doing wrong all that time, doesn't it?

The only thing good about this is that they won't roll him out again until just before California...I hope.

http://velonews.competitor.com/2010/01/news/carmichael-armstrong-months-ahead-of-old-schedule_102597

He declined to specify any wattage numbers. He did say, however, that Armstrong was able to max out the scooter Carmichael was using to motorpace him. “That’s not as objective a measurement, obviously,” Carmichael said, “but it was still telling.”

Yes Chris, quite telling indeed.

MacRoadie said:
Time to roll out Chris Comical and his annual "Lance's number are equal to or better than any he had during his Tour de France run" script. This time with the caveat that 2004 was better, but only because he "was on a rampage".

Once again, Lance is "months ahead" of his old schedule. Kinda makes you wonder what they were doing wrong all that time, doesn't it?

The only thing good about this is that they won't roll him out again until just before California...I hope.

http://velonews.competitor.com/2010/01/news/carmichael-armstrong-months-ahead-of-old-schedule_102597

A Ferrari has always been faster than a scooter AFAIK, so no surprise there. Also no surprise that Velonews acts as the willing mouthpiece.

Jun 19, 2009
Visit site
MacRoadie said:
Time to roll out Chris Comical and his annual "Lance's number are equal to or better than any he had during his Tour de France run" script. This time with the caveat that 2004 was better, but only because he "was on a rampage".

It tells us that PT Barnum was right and he lives again as CC.
"There's a sucker born every minute". I can't remember who to credit with this quote: "no one ever went broke underestimating the intelligence of the American (insert demographic group here)".

Mar 13, 2009
Visit site
hahaha Chris Comical!!!

The reader responses on Velonews and the RS forums for that matter are laughable. Sheep following the shepherd.

Aug 13, 2009
Visit site
As much as Carmichel spews propaganda this time he is partially telling the truth. word on the street Armstrong is training like a madman for this time of the year. Old man is worried.

May 18, 2009
Visit site
unsheath said:
hahaha Chris Comical!!!

The reader responses on Velonews and the RS forums for that matter are laughable. Sheep following the shepherd.

He lifted "Chris Comical" from a post by a fellow named rhitaliano several months ago, so macroadie should give him his props. I believe the context was rh said Comical was a good coach because he knew to call Ferrari.

I sure do miss that guy, rhitaliano.

ChrisE said:
He lifted "Chris Comical" from a post by a fellow named rhitaliano several months ago, so macroadie should give him his props. I believe the context was rh said Comical was a good coach because he knew to call Ferrari.

I sure do miss that guy, rhitaliano.

Um, while I joined in August, I just started reading and contributing about three weeks ago. Never seen or heard of "Rhitaliano", but if it makes you feel better then "Props to Rhitalino".

To be factually correct however, while I didn't coin the term (and never suggested I did), your Rhitaliano didn't come up with it either. Carmichael been called that behind his back for years.

The Carmichael spin machine is on at full blast. Making bombastic and vague statements that are sure to fire up the fanboys and have them foaming at the mouth.

For example-"He (Carmichael) declined to specify any wattage numbers. He did say, however, that Armstrong was able to max out the scooter Carmichael was using to motorpace him. “That’s not as objective a measurement, obviously,” Carmichael said, “but it was still telling.”

If this guy wins the Tour next year I will unfortunately have to cynically chuckle at the mockery he and his little crew have made of the sport.

I'll be on vacation in July so I won't care. Only if it gets back to me someone is kicking Armstrong's behind will I pay any attention.

Jun 19, 2009
Visit site
Race Radio said:
As much as Carmichel spews propaganda this time he is partially telling the truth. word on the street Armstrong is training like a madman for this time of the year. Old man is worried.

C'mon. You just want to see him on Oprah again. You probably have it taped.
Even CC knows nothing matters in January. With Tiger's story fading from interest it doesn't take a PR hack much effort to fill the sports vacumn after New Year's. Only the bored are going to suck any of this up and I must be one of them (and am embarrassed). Anyone got something substantial to discuss?

Jul 24, 2009
Visit site
Berzin said:
If this guy wins the Tour next year I will unfortunately have to cynically chuckle at the mockery he and his little crew have made of the sport.

Even though I think LA is a doper, has an appalling lack of sportsmanship, and is probably a bad person, he's still on my list of people I'd like to see win the Tour this year, 2nd only to Cuddles.

I ride my bike both for fun and competitive reasons, but follow pro-cycling simply for entertainment. He adds drama, so I'm a fan, and it'd be satisfying if an old-timer beats all the young-ins. We all probably think Contador could win 10 TdFs if he wants to, and he probably will, so it's kinda boring (unless you're Spanish).

May 18, 2009
Visit site
MacRoadie said:
Um, while I joined in August, I just started reading and contributing about three weeks ago. Never seen or heard of "Rhitaliano", but if it makes you feel better then "Props to Rhitalino".

To be factually correct however, while I didn't coin the term (and never suggested I did), your Rhitaliano didn't come up with it either. Carmichael been called that behind his back for years.

Please provide a link to back up your claim of behind-the-back use of the name "Comical" prior to rhitaliano. Thanks.

ChrisE said:
Please provide a link to back up your claim of behind-the-back use of the name "Comical" prior to rhitaliano. Thanks.

Here's a link for you:

http://forum.cyclingnews.com/showpost.php?p=111745&postcount=57

Nice try, but that's not quite the same thing and your argument against free speech is going downhill.

LA sought out and used a doctor that was notorious for doping. Did he seek Ferrari out because of this? Draw your own conclusions. Chris Comical was already his coach so why did he need another?

If you seek out gay friends then I would probably conclude you are gay yourself. That's different than having a random friend that turns out to be gay. Ferrari was not a random doctor.

I looked real hard for your "Props" to Rhitaliano for using "his" term in that post, but for the life of me I can't find it.

May 18, 2009
Visit site
MacRoadie said:
Here's a link for you:

http://forum.cyclingnews.com/showpost.php?p=111745&postcount=57

I looked real hard for your "Props" to Rhitaliano for using "his" term in that post, but for the life of me I can't find it.

This is an interesting concept. I ask for a link for proof of "behind the scenes" use of "Comical" prior to rhitaliano and you provide me a link I posted awhile back. Is there some type of diagram you can post to explain this logic because this has lost me? I drink alot, so maybe I should take some tequila shots to get some alignment with you here.

Maybe I should type slower. How about you find something from a source (not me) that this name was used prior to say August 2009.

I think you must still be mad at me for mistyping your hometown as "placenta" on DPF. :mad: It was an honest mistake, I promise.

May 18, 2009
Visit site
Berzin said:
The Carmichael spin machine is on at full blast. Making bombastic and vague statements that are sure to fire up the fanboys and have them foaming at the mouth.

For example-"He (Carmichael) declined to specify any wattage numbers. He did say, however, that Armstrong was able to max out the scooter Carmichael was using to motorpace him. “That’s not as objective a measurement, obviously,” Carmichael said, “but it was still telling.”

I'll be on vacation in July so I won't care. Only if it gets back to me someone is kicking Armstrong's behind will I pay any attention.

Listen to this guy criticizing LA, with Evgeni Berzin as his avatar.....the guy that rode with Gewiss in 94 and 95, winning LBL and the Giro, part of the Gewiss sweep in FW in 94, associated with Ferrari, etc. It's like having Tiger Woods as your avatar while preaching the virtues of monogamy.

ChrisE said:
This is an interesting concept. I ask for a link for proof of "behind the scenes" use of "Comical" prior to rhitaliano and you provide me a link I posted awhile back. Is there some type of diagram you can post to explain this logic because this has lost me? I drink alot, so maybe I should take some tequila shots to get some alignment with you here.

Maybe I should type slower. How about you find something from a source (not me) that this name was used prior to say August 2009.

I think you must still be mad at me for mistyping your hometown as "placenta" on DPF. :mad: It was an honest mistake, I promise.

The simple point, apparently lost in your haze of self-admitted alcohol abuse, was to illustrate that, while you seemed far more interested in pointing out some slight you perceived I had committed against some former member named "Rhitaliano" whom I've never met nor had the pleasure (?) of reading, than addressing the article cited, you yourself seemed perfectly capable of using his "original" term for Carmichael without the slightest hint of a "prop".

I have a little secret to share with you: not everything in this world can be found on the internet, how ever hard you may try argue it. If that were the case, we'd have little need for debate or dialog on these forums. Every post would simply consist of a link to a prior internet article or post.

Behind-the-scenes.

Of course, if that were the the case in our current reality, we'd all be innundated with internet links "proving" Armstrong's doping (which you yourself believe to be true but cannot provide any internet-based evidence), links to every shred of evidence in Operation Puerto (surely there is an uncoded list of names on the internet somewhere), links to Ullrich and all his alleged doping (Schmid and Heinrich worked for a university, there HAS to be some internet evidence there, right?), etc.

Omerta.

Kind of funny how Tiger Woods, the world's most famous, wealthiest, and notorious golfer/sex addict can manage to disappear off the radar for nearly two months with narry a sighting, photo, or comment, even with an army of tabloid "journalists" and paparazzi searching for a million-dollar story. Yet, somehow he just pops up in a rehab center in Mississippi. By your logic, he can't be in Mississippi cause it didn't say so on the internet, right?

Off the radar.

Things happen in this world my friend, every single day, that don't end up on the internet. Why don't you prove to me that:

A. This guy Rhitaliano actually coined the term

B. There ISN'T some use of the term, say before August 2009.

Curiously, when you Google "Chris Comical", even when you add "cyclingnews" to the search string, no mention of any posts prior to this thread come up. No Rhitaliano post, no Chris E post. How do you explain that? Obviously they are there as we can all search on here and see the Rhitaliano use and your subsequent plagiarization (as you obviously DID know he had used it already). Why aren't they in Google? That can't be, can it? Everything is on the internet. But wait, if they're not there, what else might not be there? If something we know to exist on an internet forum doesn't show up on an internet search, then what about stuff that may NOT be on the internet (begging your consideration that such an outlandish thing actually could even exist)?

Jun 18, 2009
Visit site
Moose McKnuckles said:
NOBODY CARES who coined the term "Chris Comical". It's funny. Having an internet pillow fight about who came up with it isn't.

Agree. Thread has descended into silliness.

Also, not sure why Carmichael's claims are in the doping forum. And thank God for Carmichael he doesn't have AC's wattage numbers. He'd probably cry.