• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Teams & Riders Chris Froome Discussion Thread.

Page 149 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.

Is Froome over the hill?

• Yes.

Votes: 28 35.0%
  • No, the GC finished 40 minutes ago but Froomie is still climbing it

Votes: 46 57.5%
  • No he is totally winning the Vuelta

Votes: 18 22.5%

• Total voters
Froome thought's on the Tour route, possible Giro/Vuelta double next year:

"The team and I will have to give it some careful consideration before we make any commitments to which of the grand tours I will compete in. I see myself as quite a balanced GC rider and the Giro with it's inclusion of a long TT of 60km and tough uphill finishes will make it a well balanced race which suits me well. If I did the Giro I may also be able to get myself back to top shape for the Vuelta and go there with a realistic chance of aiming for the win".

"In the past I've only targeted one grand tour each season but it could be a good opportunity for me to focus seriously on two. It's still early days though and we'll have to sit down and put our heads together as a team to work out what 2015 is going to look like for us."

http://www.chris-froome.com/news/40-2015-tour-de-france

Mar 9, 2013
Visit site
I think it is risky to go for 1 GT. He as a backup plan if he messes the Giro up. He also deserves far more than Nibali to be in the 3 GT club so hope he gets it. People saying he is not diverse haha, i also love how Froome has changed many peoples mind's on him.

sir fly said:
The Tour route certainly looks like an invitation for the double addressed to Froome.

I would agree. We may actually get a real battle at the Giro AND the Tour between Froome and Contador. I for one won't be complaining if that comes to fruition.

Now if we can get Nibali to saddle up for both we'd have something :D

May 19, 2011
Visit site
It is actually not a bad idea for Froom. He already won the Tour, why not take Giro and Vuelta in a single year therefore joining the exclusive club of winning all three grand tours.

TRENDING THREADS