• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Teams & Riders Chris Froome Discussion Thread.

Page 222 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.

Is Froome over the hill?

• Yes.

Votes: 28 35.4%
  • No, the GC finished 40 minutes ago but Froomie is still climbing it

Votes: 45 57.0%
  • No he is totally winning the Vuelta

Votes: 18 22.8%

• Total voters
Jan 24, 2012
Visit site
Holy *** ***!

Sky sure is crazy. I hope they don't hold back.

As for the race it would be much more exciting if Froome crashes, or loses time in some way. Maybe he COULD SWAP WHEELS WITH SOMEONE, but who?

rm7

Mar 14, 2015
Visit site
To be honest, if the 6.09 w/kg calculation is right, then it's not Froome that is better than he usually is. It's only Contador and Nibali that are far worse, and Quintana maybe only SLIGHT below his best, but not much.

You can expect Froome to put 1-2 minutes into the likes of Gesink, Valverde, TJ etc.

I know that Nibalis numbers from 2014 match Froomes today, but I still think that it's because he had a free ride all the way. He could do what he wanted, from the bottom of the climbs.

I really hope that next year we'll see a proper Froome/Contador battle with them both targeting 1 stage races in the spring, and then super peak at the Tour 2016. No excuses.

We have unfortunaly never seen them goe head-to-head in a proper battle as we would have seen last year in the Tour, where they were both at their best. It's really a shame.

The jokes today are more Porte and especially G. Thomas... but that's more clinic stuff

Aug 4, 2011
Visit site
brailsford had a dream last night about Froome

tumblr_n1yuf9Cp3i1rbdjd3o1_500.jpg

Re:

rm7 said:
To be honest, if the 6.09 w/kg calculation is right, then it's not Froome that is better than he usually is. It's only Contador and Nibali that are far worse, and Quintana maybe only SLIGHT below his best, but not much.

You can expect Froome to put 1-2 minutes into the likes of Gesink, Valverde, TJ etc.

I know that Nibalis numbers from 2014 match Froomes today, but I still think that it's because he had a free ride all the way. He could do what he wanted, from the bottom of the climbs.

I really hope that next year we'll see a proper Froome/Contador battle with them both targeting 1 stage races in the spring, and then super peak at the Tour 2016. No excuses.

We have unfortunaly never seen them goe head-to-head in a proper battle as we would have seen last year in the Tour, where they were both at their best. It's really a shame.

The jokes today are more Porte and especially G. Thomas... but that's more clinic stuff

Froome is very good with hot weather i long climbs. Nibali is very good with bad weather, He won a Giro and a Tour with bad weather, rain and snow in the Giro , rain in le Tour about 10 of the 21 stages.

Contador worse than when? Than 2013 Tour?

He this year droped in andalucia, droped in Tirreno, droped in Aprica, droped in finestre very hard, droped in Huy, droped yesterday. Froome just droped, but it was a problem of the team, Nieve puntured, in hazallanas in Andalucia, but he put time on Alberto lask Km of the climb.

Alberto is weaker than in 2014, although Contadorr never was better than Froome both at the same shape. the reference is dauphine previous to his crash. anyway conatdor was close to Froome. But what is the reference? his level previous at his sanction? When Purito droped him at la Vuelta? 2013,that is similar to this year?
I dont know is Contador is not as his level, becouse I dont have very clear what is his level.

His level is good, IMO, but not super.

Froome has always a good level, getting better year by year as is normal.

ray j willings said:
brailsford had a dream last night about Froome

tumblr_n1yuf9Cp3i1rbdjd3o1_500.jpg

Brailsford had a proboem with froome, he wanted Wiggins, that came for the track and is a born british. He had problems to admit Froome had more potential for GTm and forthat reasons froome losed one Vuelta and one Tour.

I dont think he dream with him, just had to admit he was the best and I think he is happy to have the best in his team, but he wanst his preference, he just wanted a powerfull man to work, not to lead the team. Maybe becouse for his no good 2009 in barloword becpuse his illness they thogh he was a rider with potential, but no so hight.
mistake, Froome showed in his forst tour he has a bif potential thinking in about 5 years view. just his illness put that in doubt.

Re:

rm7 said:

It's more likely to be wrong (read: it's more than 6,09 W/kg).

Aug 4, 2011
Visit site
pastronef said:
ray j willings said:
pastronef said:
found it on Weightweenies forum

Froome 2011 Vuelta TT

http://home.trainingpeaks.com/athlete/workout/Z3JDD63H2UVGP77YSXNITPULAE

his bpm are not higher than 160 it seems

That's alright then :D

I don´t know
but Vayer posted the video with power and hearthrate of the Farrapona stage Vuelta 2014, and his BPM are not above 160 or thereabouts

3 rides and he never goes above 165 bpm.

Remember Armstrong talking into his radio after he drops every one.
BPM is not a telling factor in being clean. induran has a heart beat of around 27/28 beats a minute... his lactate threshold was around 159 bpm ....

ray j willings said:
pastronef said:
ray j willings said:
pastronef said:

Froome 2011 Vuelta TT

I don´t know
but Vayer posted the video with power and heart rate of the Farrapona stage Vuelta 2014, and his BPM are not above 160 or thereabouts

BPM is not a telling factor in being clean. induran has a heart beat of around 27/28 beats a minute... his lactate threshold was around 159 bpm ....

eheh, never said Froome was clean. just so the people who are moaning like mad since monday could see his heart rate is similar during 3 efforts

Re: Re:

Poursuivant said:
rick james said:
Poursuivant said:
Itv saying Froome will go to the Vuelta too
Really??? now that would be funny if it was him that managed the double :D

They said he will release all training data, he wants to be tested after TDF by an independent expert, and Sky don't really like the idea, and that he wants to go to Vuelta if he wins TDF
that would be amazing

Aug 9, 2009
Visit site
I don't know if it was posted here before, but this is what Valverde said about Froome yesterday:

"We knew from Dauphine that he was going like a plane, it just that today he was a fighter jet".

So far, Froome 2015 looks better than Froome 2013.

ray j willings said:
pastronef said:
ray j willings said:
pastronef said:

Froome 2011 Vuelta TT

I don´t know
but Vayer posted the video with power and hearthrate of the Farrapona stage Vuelta 2014, and his BPM are not above 160 or thereabouts

If I remember correctly, Big Mig's resting HR, tested while he was asleep, was recorded at 28 ONE TIME. The most significant thing about his heart was his huge cardiac output (I don't remember the actual number).

TRENDING THREADS