• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Teams & Riders Chris Froome Discussion Thread.

Page 242 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.

Is Froome over the hill?

• Yes.

Votes: 28 35.0%
  • No, the GC finished 40 minutes ago but Froomie is still climbing it

Votes: 46 57.5%
  • No he is totally winning the Vuelta

Votes: 18 22.5%

• Total voters
Jul 30, 2009
Visit site
Aboottarren said:
Congratulations Chris Froome on your second win TDF. Being a born & bred Kenyan they will be as proud of you as they are over their MANY world champion athletes.........Why are the poms allowed to claim him as English???

Read his book.

Explains exactly why he chose to change nationality.

WzY0XH1.jpg

Re: Re:

PremierAndrew said:
LaFlorecita said:
JRanton said:
Why was Froome not 100% at the Vuelta. He had a 3rd week that was as strong as the tour. He cannot and has never done any better in a third week. He always has bad days. Bertie beat him in the tt so he had no advantage there as he expected.
Up against a Bertie on form, Froome knows , like he found out at the Dauphine that his early crazy attack only wastes his own energy.

Are we just going to forget Froome's nasty crash at that Dauphine? I'm surprised a dirty Berty fanboy has chosen this day of all day's to try and troll in a Froome thread.

It's 2-2 in TdF's (the only one that really matters). Next year Froome is going to make it 3-2 and we will all know who the real 'great one' is.
There we go again. FFS JRanton, why are you so bitter?! Showing your true colors.

About Froome's Dauphiné crash, it was no worse than any of the crashes Contador had this year. Can we use those crashes as an excuse for his sub-par performance?

He's just expressing his opinion - what's wrong with that? It's pretty obvious that ray is just here to troll.

And I don't think anyone is suggesting that Froome is better at recovering from injuries than Contador

...and the text in bold isn't trolling?

JRanton said:
ray j willings said:
JRanton said:
ray j willings said:
willbick said:
Contador rides like he's got one leg 6" shorter than the other

Perhaps the most insightful post ever on this forum.
Incredible analysis.
Do you have any scientific papers published?

I know you're understandably disappointed that your man has now gone six years without winning the world's biggest bike race but please don't take it out on fellow forum members.

It was a great win for Froome, but you have to admit that his form in this tour only confirms that his form at the Vuelta last year was as good as it gets. When he comes up against a strong Bertie or now a strong Quintana Froome will have to somehow improve if wants to beat them in GT.

like I said in a previous post a well deserved victory.

Don't be silly. We both know that Froome at that Vuelta was nowhere near his best level (remember his time trial!). Neither was Contador for that matter. The 2014 Tour would have been the best battle between the two of them but sadly they both crashed out.
Jr, do you still believe froome can't do hills after his performance on mur?

Interestingly enough, Froome only has 48 racing days in the legs, so he would actually be one of the freshest contenders for the podium. But the mental grind might be more difficult to overcome. Of course, he might find more solace in riding his bike than sponsor and media commitments. I just hope he doesn't come to the USA on a cyclotour like in 2013.

LaFlorecita said:
wwabbit said:
Hayabusa said:
Is there really any need to try and reignite an argument?

Use the 'foes' feature to make this forum a lot more usable.
ucp.php?i=zebra&mode=foes

It would help if more constructive posters use this.
Huh? Are you really encouraging him to put Angliru on the ignore list? :confused:

I've been told that I can be fairly annoying so it wouldn't be the first time.

ray j willings said:
JRanton said:
ray j willings said:
willbick said:
Contador rides like he's got one leg 6" shorter than the other

Perhaps the most insightful post ever on this forum.
Incredible analysis.
Do you have any scientific papers published?

I know you're understandably disappointed that your man has now gone six years without winning the world's biggest bike race but please don't take it out on fellow forum members.

It was a great win for Froome,but you have to admit that his form in this tour only confirms that his form at the Vuelta last year was as good as it gets. When he comes up against a strong Bertie or now a strong Quintana Froome will have to somehow improve if wants to beat them in GT.
comparing different races in different years is not a valid argument whatsoever. contador was the strongest rider in the 2014 vuelta. he was better than froome under equal conditions, but it happened in 2014, how it would've been in 2015 under the same circumstances and how it will be in 2016 is unknown and one doesn't have to admit your assumption if one holds a different opinion. ;)

MatParker117 said:
DBotero said:
ice&fire said:
From the man himself: It's still soon to be 100% sure, but racing the Vuelta is on the table.

http://www.elmundo.es/deportes/2015/07/27/55b64f9546163f931b8b458a.html

I hope he doesn't.It's the last chance for the veterans Valverde/J.Rod to get a GT win.Without Froome/Nibali they might do it.

With that TT you can rule J.Rod with Froome and or Nibali there he's already at least two minutes down, maybe more.

He's not always terrible.Last year for example on 36,7km ITT:Froome 10th at 1:32,J.Rod 17th at 1:49.

DBotero said:
MatParker117 said:
DBotero said:
ice&fire said:
From the man himself: It's still soon to be 100% sure, but racing the Vuelta is on the table.

http://www.elmundo.es/deportes/2015/07/27/55b64f9546163f931b8b458a.html

I hope he doesn't.It's the last chance for the veterans Valverde/J.Rod to get a GT win.Without Froome/Nibali they might do it.

With that TT you can rule J.Rod with Froome and or Nibali there he's already at least two minutes down, maybe more.

He's not always terrible.Last year for example on 36,7km ITT:Froome 10th at 1:32,J.Rod 17th at 1:49.

That was with a cat 3 climb in the middle this is on 39k of flat.:
Stage-1420909621.png

I hope he is here in la Vuelta. it would be historic if he win. It would be the first rider to win a Grand Tour after to win le Tour the same year.

it is really demanding, not a lot of days, recover from the best level and stressing race in the World, this year the parcours has some really hard stages, good rivals, but the most important challenge is the celebrations, criteriums, and all the issues that a Tour de France rider has to do yes or yes.

It is for that that anybody did before.

We can consider Quintana is another rival, he will go in la Vuelta except he consider he is tired, so if Froome start is already better.

We will see about Nibali, Astana has great riders, and finally Nibali was 4 th with an impresive stage win, so maybe he wont be in la Vuelta, althoug is supossed he will be.