• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Teams & Riders Chris Froome Discussion Thread.

Page 262 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.

Is Froome over the hill?

• Yes.

Votes: 28 35.0%
  • No, the GC finished 40 minutes ago but Froomie is still climbing it

Votes: 46 57.5%
  • No he is totally winning the Vuelta

Votes: 18 22.5%

• Total voters
shalgo said:
Tonton said:
New here, huh ;) . Little Ritchie Porte = LRP. Cheers :D .
Well, he obviously is new (having joined the forum in July). But outside of the Clinic, the use of LRP is hardly so ubiquitous that knowledge of it should be assumed. I searched the PRR forum and found only 80 hits, about half of them from TDF stage threads last July--only 21 hits from Porte's PRR thread (which has more than 1500 posts).
Cheers. On the CN forums, Evans is "Cuddles", Nibali is "Nibbles", Valverde "Piti" or "Bala". That bloke didn't read any of it. Fine until he attacks me. As far as "Dawg" is concerned, I can't be happy of his demise. Getting hurt is no fun. How hurt is he? For some, the scenario predicted for the TdF (going gets tough, DNF i.e '14) is happening at the Vuelta. Having said that, if he's really hurt, he has to stop: forget the Taxus' dreams of a Pantani, which would fuel The Clinic big time :rolleyes: . TdF finishers are at a huge disadvantage, and Quintana/Valverde are also finding it out.

Tonton said:
shalgo said:
Tonton said:
New here, huh ;) . Little Ritchie Porte = LRP. Cheers :D .
Well, he obviously is new (having joined the forum in July). But outside of the Clinic, the use of LRP is hardly so ubiquitous that knowledge of it should be assumed. I searched the PRR forum and found only 80 hits, about half of them from TDF stage threads last July--only 21 hits from Porte's PRR thread (which has more than 1500 posts).
Cheers. On the CN forums, Evans is "Cuddles", Nibali is "Nibbles", Valverde "Piti" or "Bala". That bloke didn't read any of it. Fine until he attacks me. As far as "Dawg" is concerned, I can't be happy of his demise. Getting hurt is no fun. How hurt is he? For some, the scenario predicted for the TdF (going gets tough, DNF i.e '14) is happening at the Vuelta. Having said that, if he's really hurt, he has to stop: forget the Taxus' dreams of a Pantani, which would fuel The Clinic big time :rolleyes: . TdF finishers are at a huge disadvantage, and Quintana/Valverde are also finding it out.

Going gets tough? He fractured his left wrist and right hand. He isn't just going to abandon for the sake of it, he could easily have stepped off yesterday considering he could barely walk.

Aug 4, 2011
Visit site
Re:

WheelofGear said:
Sucks for Froome, but the battle for GC got more existing. I'm sure if Froome had not crashed, he would have destroyed the rest including Aru.

It's now a match between the youngsters. Aru vs. Dumoulin. It's 50/50, I'd say.

I'm pretty sure in-fact totally sure that he would have struggled like the rest of the riders who rode the tour. Considering how tired he was in the 3rd week of the tour and how Quintana beat him quite easy , how do you think he is going to beat fresh riders like Aru in the rest of this tour.
He's not.

Re:

WheelofGear said:
Sucks for Froome, but the battle for GC got more existing. I'm sure if Froome had not crashed, he would have destroyed the rest including Aru.

I'm dissapointed Froome crashed out. It's a shame, but you can't be sure about something like that.
As you can see that every rider that is riding the double for GC are not close to their TdF form.

Actually nobody can be sure about any of it. If he wouldve done well or bad, but most likely scenario is that he would struggle.

Re: Re:

ray j willings said:
WheelofGear said:

I'm pretty sure in-fact totally sure that he would have struggled like the rest of the riders who rode the tour. Considering how tired he was in the 3rd week of the tour and how Quintana beat him quite easy , how do you think he is going to beat fresh riders like Aru in the rest of this tour.
He's not.
We'll never know how well he would've gone, had he not crashed, but I'd like to point out that Froome fell ill in the final week of the Tour, which meant he had to change his strategy from attack to defense. I think Aru would still have beaten everyone else regardless, but I have a feeling Froome would have dropped riders like the Movistar duo. A shame we'll never get to know, but that part of bike racing too.

Sep 19, 2013
Visit site
Re:

Pricey_sky said:
Looks like Froome has abandoned after a fracture to the foot.

Props to him for riding on yesterday. I'm the biggest anti Froome fan there is but he has shown some qualities this year even I can respect in him. I doubt he would've won yesterday but he would still be in contention except for the crash shame really as the more competition there is the better.

Re: Re:

Campervan man said:
Pricey_sky said:
Looks like Froome has abandoned after a fracture to the foot.

Props to him for riding on yesterday. I'm the biggest anti Froome fan there is but he has shown some qualities this year even I can respect in him. I doubt he would've won yesterday but he would still be in contention except for the crash shame really as the more competition there is the better.

Yes, he gains even more respect for riding through one of the toughest GT stages in recent years with an injury like that, just in the hope that perhaps it's wasnt too serious and he can finish the race.

Aug 4, 2011
Visit site
He did well yesterday to finish, that adrenalin is good stuff. He even got back into the peloton.
I was hoping for some Froome mountain TT's action while Valverde and Puirito and Quintana bounce around like fools like last year. I feel disappointed.

Jun 29, 2015
Visit site
oh no..this is sad news. anyways, GG chris froome! he fought thru stage. on the other hand: what was this vuelta-start supposed to be? stage wins? working for nieve? some PR brainfart? somebody here wrote his cool down starts on sept 3rd :eek: !

TRENDING THREADS