• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Teams & Riders Chris Froome Discussion Thread.

Page 307 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.

Is Froome over the hill?

• Yes.

Votes: 28 35.0%
  • No, the GC finished 40 minutes ago but Froomie is still climbing it

Votes: 46 57.5%
  • No he is totally winning the Vuelta

Votes: 18 22.5%

• Total voters
Aug 31, 2012
Visit site
After Catalunya, “He’ll go to training camp, then his next race will be the Tour of Romandie, then he’ll go back to training and then it’s the Dauphiné and the Tour,” Portal said. Liege-Bastogne-Liege, Portal said, is ruled out for now.

“It’s a slightly light race program, but then in the second half of the year he’s got the Tour and the Olympics,” and, perhaps, the Vuelta a España, too.

The Olympic Triple is still on. Very ambitious.

Vuelta chances depend so much on which riders actually have a good prep. Tour + Olympics seem like bad prep to me. Those coming in relatively fresh will have a massive advantage. Most of the Tour contenders will have roughly the same prep.

I just hope Landa will get a chance at the Vuelta regardless of Froome riding

Re:

sir fly said:
I'd say that Froome is riding in Catalunya on pure base fitness.
Some racing and a Tenerife camp should allow him repeated anaerobic efforts he's currently avoiding.

Pretty much, yeah. The only slight concern I have is that Sky were talking him up pre-race so I imagine they expected him to go better. He needs to improve by Romandie. A similar performance to last year would be fine.

Re: Re:

JRanton said:
sir fly said:
I'd say that Froome is riding in Catalunya on pure base fitness.
Some racing and a Tenerife camp should allow him repeated anaerobic efforts he's currently avoiding.

Pretty much, yeah. The only slight concern I have is that Sky were talking him up pre-race so I imagine they expected him to go better. He needs to improve by Romandie. A similar performance to last year would be fine.
Well, from now on Froome's build up will be less free and more controlled.
I'm not implying he's been lazy so far, but it's very different being training on your own and in full team environment.
I'd rate his Catalunya as very solid.

rm7

Mar 14, 2015
Visit site
Maybe he's taking a more relaxed approach, so he doesn't gas out in the 3rd week of the Tour?

Contador have already fought for victory at 3 one week races with strong competition, where's Froome have only rode that one little race, and know Catalunya. Quintana is taking the same approach as Froome and is usually strongest in the 3rd week.

TRENDING THREADS