• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Teams & Riders Chris Froome Discussion Thread.

Page 305 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.

Is Froome over the hill?

• Yes.

Votes: 28 35.0%
  • No, the GC finished 40 minutes ago but Froomie is still climbing it

Votes: 46 57.5%
  • No he is totally winning the Vuelta

Votes: 18 22.5%

• Total voters
Catalunya Team : Froome, Thomas, Nieve, Konig, Poels, Roche, Kiryenka, Boswell

Seems abit unreal...How many of these guys are better than leaders in another team ? Also at the end of the day they will still have to fetch bottles and ride in then wind ...no matter than you may be able to do a Top10/ Top 5/ Top 3

Re:

HelloDolly said:

Seems abit unreal...How many of these guys are better than leaders in another team ? Also at the end of the day they will still have to fetch bottles and ride in then wind ...no matter than you may be able to do a Top10/ Top 5/ Top 3

I was gonna say this is getting ridiculous, but then I remembered Sky once had Wiggins, Froome, Porte, Rogers, Uran, Thomas

Re:

HelloDolly said:

At present, I'd say 2 (Froome and Thomas). The rest are domestiques. Very strong team tho.

Mar 14, 2016
Visit site
Re: Re:

Publicus said:
HelloDolly said:

At present, I'd say 2 (Froome and Thomas). The rest are domestiques. Very strong team tho.
Konig is better than the leaders of quite a few minor teams.

PremierAndrew said:
HelloDolly said:

I was gonna say this is getting ridiculous, but then I remembered Sky once had Wiggins, Froome, Porte, Rogers, Uran, Thomas

The reason its getting a bit ridiculous is imo twofold

1. If a team is too strong ..it means the race is decided before it begins and that is not great for the fans
2. Eventually some of the riders will wonder why they are turning up to ride on the front for the first 40km when they could be contending or at least training at home for a their personal target and have the donkey work done by lesser riders ..may backfire for SKY

HelloDolly said:
rick james said:
Christ, the way some of you are going on you'd think all Sky just have to do is turn up and they've won already...

Yeah...its called an opinion forum

and you have to admit that is an unbelievably strong team..one domestique was leader at PN, another co leader at TA..3 are top 10 tens in multiple GTs and another is current World TT Champion
Yes sky have a strong squad and great talent to pick from, other teams can match and better their budget. its up to the other teams to better Sky.

Re:

HelloDolly said:

The team is from PCS so changes might still appear.They didn't even have the Milano-Sanremo team listed yet.Plus they really love to come out with last minute changes to their roster.That team is too stacked anyway,i don't like it.

Re:

HelloDolly said:

where did you get that team from? i can't see anything online about it

HelloDolly said:
PremierAndrew said:
HelloDolly said:

1. If a team is too strong ..it means the race is decided before it begins and that is not great for the fans
2. Eventually some of the riders will wonder why they are turning up to ride on the front for the first 40km when they could be contending or at least training at home for a their personal target and have the donkey work done by lesser riders ..may backfire for SKY

I recall Brailsford saying that he isn't too keen on developing gc riders because he feels all he is doing is developing them for the team that they jump to next. That is just part of the sport and when you have the depth of talent that Sky has you simply can't hang on to all of that talent. Like you said, eventually a rider is going to want to explore his potential without the limitations of riding for someone else.

Angliru said:
HelloDolly said:
PremierAndrew said:
HelloDolly said:

I recall Brailsford saying that he isn't too keen on developing gc riders because he feels all he is doing is developing them for the team that they jump to next. That is just part of the sport and when you have the depth of talent that Sky has you simply can't hang on to all of that talent. Like you said, eventually a rider is going to want to explore his potential without the limitations of riding for someone else.

But Braislfords is happy to develop Thomas ? Seems to me developing non British GC men is definitely NOT policy
And I thought riders like Konig , Kwait, went there to develop as GC men

HelloDolly said:
Angliru said:
HelloDolly said:
PremierAndrew said:
HelloDolly said:

But Braislfords is happy to develop Thomas ? Seems to me developing non British GC men is definitely NOT policy
Should Landa just walk away right now?

HelloDolly said:
Angliru said:
HelloDolly said:
PremierAndrew said:
HelloDolly said:

Porte was developed though. Landa signed for what, leadership in Giro

PremierAndrew said:
HelloDolly said:

Uran leave Sky and he is 2th in Giro. Porte leaves SKY and win in Willunga and podium in Nice, but is early to evaluate by his different targets, Rogers leaves SKy and win in Zoncolan,...Gerrans leaves SKY and win 2 monuments, San Remo and Lieje,... of course to be in SKy is important, it is a team with the best profesionals and resources, but just the good riders can perform. I dont see Nieve o Koning better in SKy as well.

SKY in Catalunya is much better than Tinkoff, but Tinkoff has a good and expert team to work, people as Paulinho maybe cant be podium in a Tour, but can do a very important job. And dont forget Trofimov was top ten in the last Giro.

Taxus4a said:
PremierAndrew said:
HelloDolly said:

Uran leave Sky and he is 2th in Giro. Porte leaves SKY and win in Willunga and podium in Nice, but is early to evaluate by his different targets, Rogers leaves SKy and win in Zoncolan,...Gerrans leaves SKY and win 2 monuments, San Remo and Lieje,... of course to be in SKy is important, it is a team with the best profesionals and resources, but just the good riders can perform. I dont see Nieve o Koning better in SKy as well.

SKY in Catalunya is much better than Tinkoff, but Tinkoff has a good and expert team to work, people as Paulinho maybe cant be podium in a Tour, but can do a very important job. And dont forget Trofimov was top ten in the last Giro.

I wonder what happened with Konig. he was down to ride Catalunya but now not on the list anymore.
maybe he´ll ride Coppi e Bartali

TRENDING THREADS