Teams & Riders Chris Froome Discussion Thread.

Page 313 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Re: Re:

blackmamba said:
TMP402 said:
blackmamba said:
I thought he was scheduled to race Paris-Nice
He'd be a bit late if he raced that now...
No, but more like was that a wrong assumption of me or did anything came up in his prep so he didnt race it beacuse of that?
I can't remember when Froome rode P-N or if he ever has. He probably have ridden it as a dom for Froome. He has preferred T-A in the last couple of years, last year he had to withdraw before it started and this year he seemingly has preferred not to, not really giving too much about the early season. One of the reasons would obviously be the Tour, but he loves the Vuelta and you also have the Olympics. So its probably smart not to come out swinging too early.
 
May 26, 2015
538
0
0
Then velonews is to blame as I read there about his schedule ''Froome already has Romandie on his tentative 2016 schedule, which includes a season debut in Australia, followed by Paris-Nice, Romandie, and the Critérium du Dauphiné ahead of the Tour and the Rio de Janeiro Olympics.''

Hence why I was curious as to why not, but thanks for your trouble sir :)

Source: http://velonews.competitor.com/2015/12/news/tour-de-romandie-mixes-up-route-for-2016_390839 - last section.
 
Re:

blackmamba said:
Then velonews is to blame as I read there about his schedule ''Froome already has Romandie on his tentative 2016 schedule, which includes a season debut in Australia, followed by Paris-Nice, Romandie, and the Critérium du Dauphiné ahead of the Tour and the Rio de Janeiro Olympics.''

Hence why I was curious as to why not, but thanks for your trouble sir :)

Source: http://velonews.competitor.com/2015/12/news/tour-de-romandie-mixes-up-route-for-2016_390839 - last section.
No problem.

Its a shame the ITT is so short in Romandie, I would have liked to see how Porte, TJ, Froome and Quintana stacked up. I go for one of the BMC-riders to upset Froome somehow, I think he will be super peaking in the Tour.
 
Re:

ILovecycling said:
Coffee time over Froomey...


...AC is back in top shape
AC is AC, one of the best riders for hilly an short ITT, always going from plus to lees, but the best maybe in History anyway.

The ITTs in le Tour are good for him, so of course he is one of the main contenders for victory, but Froome at his ussual level of the last 4 years is clearly stronger for a race like le Tour.

I watched this Contador in this Pais Vasco:

http://www.cqranking.com/men/asp/gen/race.asp?raceid=24045

What could be the same that this:

http://www.cqranking.com/men/asp/gen/race.asp?raceid=24036

or this:

http://www.cqranking.com/men/asp/gen/race.asp?raceid=24048
 
Re:

del1962 said:
I think this was my favorite prologue from Chris, good indicator for Dauphinine prologue

http://www.cqranking.com/men/asp/gen/race.asp?raceid=23882
He was a beast that day, but looking now the results I dont see so impressive like then.
I think Contador like in this Pais Vasco can do that or even better.

This year Td Romandie has a short prologue similar, with climb

Later and ITT with a climb as well. It is an important one

I dont know the rest of the stages.

Wich rivals are supposed to have?

Zakarin,...Maybe Porte, Tejay, Pinot, Uran??
 
Re: Re:

Taxus4a said:
del1962 said:
I think this was my favorite prologue from Chris, good indicator for Dauphinine prologue

http://www.cqranking.com/men/asp/gen/race.asp?raceid=23882
He was a beast that day, but looking now the results I dont see so impressive like then.
I think Contador like in this Pais Vasco can do that or even better.

This year Td Romandie has a short prologue similar, with climb

Later and ITT with a climb as well. It is an important one

I dont know the rest of the stages.

Wich rivals are supposed to have?

Zakarin,...Maybe Porte, Tejay, Pinot, Uran??
2 MTFs, I saw the stages somewhere, maybe on PCS, quintana is riding as well
 
Re: Re:

Valv.Piti said:
Taxus4a said:
del1962 said:
I think this was my favorite prologue from Chris, good indicator for Dauphinine prologue

http://www.cqranking.com/men/asp/gen/race.asp?raceid=23882
He was a beast that day, but looking now the results I dont see so impressive like then.
I think Contador like in this Pais Vasco can do that or even better.

This year Td Romandie has a short prologue similar, with climb

Later and ITT with a climb as well. It is an important one

I dont know the rest of the stages.

Wich rivals are supposed to have?

Zakarin,...Maybe Porte, Tejay, Pinot, Uran??
2 MTFs, I saw the stages somewhere, maybe on PCS, quintana is riding as well

Thank you.

I see know people I mentioned is there, as well than Quintana and Dumoulin, Talansky, Hesjedal, Bardet, Lopez, Rui Costa, Majka,... it is not bad.

First serious Quintana and Froome, the real duel of the last and current years.
 
Jun 30, 2014
7,060
0
0
Re: Re:

Taxus4a said:
Valv.Piti said:
Taxus4a said:
del1962 said:
I think this was my favorite prologue from Chris, good indicator for Dauphinine prologue

http://www.cqranking.com/men/asp/gen/race.asp?raceid=23882
He was a beast that day, but looking now the results I dont see so impressive like then.
I think Contador like in this Pais Vasco can do that or even better.

This year Td Romandie has a short prologue similar, with climb

Later and ITT with a climb as well. It is an important one

I dont know the rest of the stages.

Wich rivals are supposed to have?

Zakarin,...Maybe Porte, Tejay, Pinot, Uran??
2 MTFs, I saw the stages somewhere, maybe on PCS, quintana is riding as well

Thank you.

I see know people I mentioned is there, as well than Quintana and Dumoulin, Talansky, Hesjedal, Bardet, Lopez, Rui Costa, Majka,... it is not bad.

First serious Quintana and Froome, the real duel of the last and current years.
It's Romandie, so you shouldn't forget Spilak, Zakarin is peaking for the Giro.
 
Re: Re:

Taxus4a said:
del1962 said:
I think this was my favorite prologue from Chris, good indicator for Dauphinine prologue

http://www.cqranking.com/men/asp/gen/race.asp?raceid=23882
He was a beast that day, but looking now the results I dont see so impressive like then.
I think Contador like in this Pais Vasco can do that or even better.

This year Td Romandie has a short prologue similar, with climb

Later and ITT with a climb as well. It is an important one

I dont know the rest of the stages.

Wich rivals are supposed to have?

Zakarin,...Maybe Porte, Tejay, Pinot, Uran??
I don't think you can read too much into Froome's TT performances over the past 18 months. By his own admission he spent very little time on the TT bike last year due to there being only one short iTT in the Tour.

Obviously this year is different so it'll be interesting how he goes. If he reaches 2013/14 levels where he was almost quicker than an in-form Tony Martin then he will have a big advantage on guys like Quintana.
 
Re: Re:

blackmamba said:
TMP402 said:
blackmamba said:
I thought he was scheduled to race Paris-Nice
He'd be a bit late if he raced that now...
No, but more like was that a wrong assumption of me or did anything came up in his prep so he didnt race it beacuse of that?
It was announced that he would ride and then he decided he'd prefer (and would gain more) from warm weather training as opposed to cold weather racing. Then he turns up at Catalunya and under performs his expectations considerably.
 
Re: Re:

Publicus said:
blackmamba said:
TMP402 said:
blackmamba said:
I thought he was scheduled to race Paris-Nice
He'd be a bit late if he raced that now...
No, but more like was that a wrong assumption of me or did anything came up in his prep so he didnt race it beacuse of that?
It was announced that he would ride and then he decided he'd prefer (and would gain more) from warm weather training as opposed to cold weather racing. Then he turns up at Catalunya and under performs his expectations considerably.
I think Froome was decently happy about that result. For what its worth, it was better than last year! ;)

Romandie and Dauphine are the races to assess Froome, not Catalunya and Herald.
 
Aug 31, 2012
7,550
1
0
If he really rides LBL, I hope he gives it a good go. Then we'll get some further indication as to whether he has one day talent, like his fellow Tour winners Andy Schleck, Evans and Nibali.
 
Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
F Professional Road Racing 37

ASK THE COMMUNITY

TRENDING THREADS