• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Teams & Riders Chris Froome Discussion Thread.

Page 322 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.

Is Froome over the hill?

• Yes.

Votes: 28 35.0%
  • No, the GC finished 40 minutes ago but Froomie is still climbing it

Votes: 46 57.5%
  • No he is totally winning the Vuelta

Votes: 18 22.5%

• Total voters
Aug 31, 2012
Visit site
So far, the odds were shifting around mainly at the betfair exchange, but Froome's travails have caused even Bet365 to slightly adjust their Tour odds , from 44% to 42% on the 28th.

That didn't last long . With yesterday's commanding performance, his implied probability to win is back at 44% which is what it has been at for weeks.

Quintana's new and improved odds, though, remain 36%, up from 33%.

Aug 4, 2011
Visit site
SeriousSam said:
So far, the odds were shifting around mainly at the betfair exchange, but Froome's travails have caused even Bet365 to slightly adjust their Tour odds , from 44% to 42% on the 28th.

That didn't last long . With yesterday's commanding performance, his implied probability to win is back at 44% which is what it has been at for weeks.

Betting odds mean nothing in the face of reality. In the last week of the tour when Froome is losing minutes in the mountains and to be honest I think he will be out of contention after 2 weeks and I'm happy to bet that.
Trouble is I have made 2 bets for jerseys on this site and both times I won and posters failed to pay up.
If you want to bet a jersey I'm happy to .

DBotero said:
After yesterday win he's in the break again.So Romandie was just another training camp after all.Dauphine should show if he's back to his best and ready to add another TDF to his achievements.

He'll be alright come Dauphine and the Tour - he sure seems to have figured out how to time his form perfectly for the summer :)

SeriousSam said:

I'm quite sure odds will be shifting slightly in Quintana favor tommorow. Bookies prefer not to react until an actual race finishes.

Re: Re:

pastronef said:
PremierAndrew said:

and you can also see, same guy + same conditions eh :rolleyes:

I suggest you try riding on

straight road, dry, maybe around 30 deg temperature
vs
bend, wet road, 5 deg temp and no gloves

But he looked ridiculously nervous going around that bend. It's one thing to be careful and not take risks, and another to be really nervous

PremierAndrew said:
pastronef said:
PremierAndrew said:

vs

But he looked ridiculously nervous going around that bend. It's one thing to be careful and not take risks, and another to be really nervous

Right...because you can tell how nervous he is from the helicopter shot. In this clip you can't tell the difference between "careful" and nervous. It was wet that day. Of course he's going to be REAL careful because he can...it's not that important of a race. That's what came off to you as nervous.

Jspear said:
PremierAndrew said:
pastronef said:
PremierAndrew said:

vs

Right...because you can tell how nervous he is from the helicopter shot. In this clip you can't tell the difference between "careful" and nervous. It was wet that day. Of course he's going to be REAL careful because he can...it's not that important of a race. That's what came off to you as nervous.

an not only, he saw him RIDICULOUSLY nervous, not normal nervous...
:p

Jul 4, 2015
Visit site
Re:

blackmamba said:
Froome is a terrible bike handler, one of the worst in the peleton is this news to you guys?
Hes really not that bad he's above average no nibali or sagan. But definitely equal if not better than Quintana Contador pinot...

Aug 31, 2012
Visit site
Re:

Pricey_sky said:
Nervous or not, absolutely no need to take a risk. His season won't be decided in Romandie

Right. It makes perfect sense. Froome is the preeminent GT rider in the world, favourite to become the first rider since Lemond to win the Tour a 3rd time.

For Froome, it doesn't make any sense to take a risk there, whereas for lesser riders, taking a corner at rainy Romandie optimally may well constitute an important part of their career. :p

Jul 4, 2015
Visit site

SeriousSam said:
Pricey_sky said:
Nervous or not, absolutely no need to take a risk. His season won't be decided in Romandie

Right. It makes perfect sense. Froome is the preeminent GT rider in the world, favourite to become the first rider since Lemond to win the Tour a 3rd time.

For Froome, it doesn't make any sense to take a risk there, whereas for lesser riders, taking a corner at rainy Romandie optimally may well constitute an important part of their career. :p
Indurain has won five since then. So froome would be first since indurain to win 3. Indurain is also the last rider to win back to back.

DBotero said:
After yesterday win he's in the break again.So Romandie was just another training camp after all.Dauphine should show if he's back to his best and ready to add another TDF to his achievements.

this is revisionists history. he's trying to make the most out of the race. it happens when you're 17'+ down on GC. But make no mistake he did not entered this race to win. Folks said the same thing after Catalunya (he entered THAT race to win too). That after a disappointing Catalunya, Romandie was the race where we would see if his back to his best. Now it's the Dauphine. I wonder if you all can kick that can on past the TdF to Rio :D :p :p

Publicus said:
DBotero said:

this is revisionists history. he's trying to make the most out of the race. it happens when you're 17'+ down on GC. But make no mistake he did not entered this race to win. Folks said the same thing after Catalunya (he entered THAT race to win too). That after a disappointing Catalunya, Romandie was the race where we would see if his back to his best. Now it's the Dauphine. I wonder if you all can kick that can on past the TdF to Rio :D :p :p

Well, to be fair I have said even before Catalunya it's the Dauphine where I wil be judging how well Froome is doing. He's usually very strong there so don't get your hopes up about a poor Froome this summer just yet :D

Pricey_sky said:
Publicus said:
DBotero said:

Well, to be fair I have said even before Catalunya it's the Dauphine where I wil be judging how well Froome is doing. He's usually very strong there so don't get your hopes up about a poor Froome this summer just yet :D

I want a super strong Froome, so there are no excuses when Quintana and Contador drop him like a bad habit :D

TRENDING THREADS