• The Cycling News forum is still looking to add volunteer moderators with. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Teams & Riders Chris Froome Discussion Thread.

Page 321 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.

Is Froome over the hill?

• Yes.

Votes: 33 32.0%
  • No, the GC finished 40 minutes ago but Froomie is still climbing it

Votes: 59 57.3%
  • No he is totally winning the Vuelta

Votes: 23 22.3%

• Total voters
Re: Re:

ray j willings said:
Fearless Greg Lemond said:
Cant wait for Froome doing the Tour Olympics double for the queen, would be great for mankind.

It would be great to see African born Froome win the Olympics for German family full of Nazi sympathisers :D

He win for him, and for people as David Kinjah an all that that means. I dont think Contador is going to win for our thieves and corrupt royal family.

froome_1_394941k.jpg

Taxus4a said:
ray j willings said:
Cant wait for Froome doing the Tour Olympics double for the queen, would be great for mankind.

It would be great to see African born Froome win the Olympics for German family full of Nazi sympathisers :D

He win for him, and for people as David Kinjah an all that that means. I dont think Contador is going to win for our thieves and corrupt royal family.

froome_1_394941k.jpg

"Corrupt?" Ok...

Aug 4, 2011
Visit site

therealthing said:
Taxus4a said:
ray j willings said:

froome_1_394941k.jpg

"Corrupt?" Ok...

Of course they are corrupt . Learn your history. if your happy for your hard earned money to go towards the biggest, richest spongers in the world then so be it.

Aug 31, 2012
Visit site
Good time trial, good climbing. Looks on track for thermonuclear form at the Tour. He's not getting better, though, and he'll likely be facing the strongest version of Quintana yet. Should be a good duel.

ray j willings said:
therealthing said:
Taxus4a said:
ray j willings said:

froome_1_394941k.jpg

"Corrupt?" Ok...

Of course they are corrupt . Learn your history. if your happy for your hard earned money to go towards the biggest, richest spongers in the world then so be it.
I'm perfectly fine with it, considering that the taxpayer only pays just over £1 a year to fund the royals.

But anyway, we're getting off topic, and your posts, both cycling and non cycling related, are getting tiresome.

Aug 4, 2011
Visit site

"I'm perfectly fine with it, considering that the taxpayer only pays just over £1 a year to fund the royals.
But anyway, we're getting off topic, and your posts, both cycling and non cycling related, are getting tiresome"

I am entitled to my opinion. We give money to one of the richest familys in the world and
you are ok with that.
I would rather that money go to the NHS or a worthwhile cause. But then again I'm not a brain washed moron like so many of you out there in goo goo land.
Don't tell me that they create more wealth . They don't . When you account for all their expenses they only cost money, our money. Go check your history and see who how they got hold of all that land and wealth. Criminals.

Nice ride by Froome today although TJ seemed to do more of the work. Not sure of his form to fight for a tour win at the end it was only a few seconds. I think Quintana and the others could have ate him up if he was a threat for overall. Still good to see him pushing in the rain as well. Sort of expected it really. TJ really could do with some tactic lessons.

ray j willings said:
"I'm perfectly fine with it, considering that the taxpayer only pays just over £1 a year to fund the royals.
But anyway, we're getting off topic, and your posts, both cycling and non cycling related, are getting tiresome"

I am entitled to my opinion. We give money to one of the richest familys in the world and
you are ok with that.
I would rather that money go to the NHS or a worthwhile cause. But then again I'm not a brain washed moron like so many of you out there in goo goo land.
Don't tell me that they create more wealth . They don't . When you account for all their expenses they only cost money, our money. Go check your history and see who how they got hold of all that land and wealth. Criminals.

Nice ride by Froome today although TJ seemed to do more of the work. Not sure of his form to fight for a tour win at the end it was only a few seconds. I think Quintana and the others could have ate him up if he was a threat for overall. Still good to see him pushing in the rain as well. Sort of expected it really. TJ really could do with some tactic lessons.

I don't agree with what Ray says on here much, but I am with him on this: the Royal family are parasites.

On topic: I never seen it, but I really think Froome needed this. Yes, he is putting his form back a bit, but if he was 17 minutes down again today, that would be a concern. Great result.

ray j willings said:

you are ok with that.

Fairly sure taxus was referring to the spanish royal family

For what it's worth, many people in Britain are against the royal family. Tbf, the financial cost of the royal family isn't as high as people think, given the amount of money they generate through events such as the royal wedding.

But it's such an outdated system - feeding the taxpayers money to a family just because of their heritage...

Feb 21, 2014
Visit site
Re:

SeriousSam said:
Good time trial, good climbing. Looks on track for thermonuclear form at the Tour. He's not getting better, though, and he'll likely be facing the strongest version of Quintana yet. Should be a good duel.

lol :rolleyes: