• We're giving away a Cyclingnews water bottle! Find out more here!

Teams & Riders Chris Froome Discussion Thread.

Page 520 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Re:

Bot. Sky_Bot said:
You may say what you want. But our kids will talk about his yesterday's performance.
Why? Because he won a stage? It's a bit as if Nibali had won in Rissoul just to get dropped like a stone again the following day. If Froome ends up winning the giro, I agree, this Zoncolan stage will become legendary but as that doesn't look very likely anymore I doubt it will. This is more Nibali's stage win in La Toussuire in 2015 and I don't think my kids will ever talk about that.
 
Jun 25, 2015
973
0
0
Re:

Bot. Sky_Bot said:
You may say what you want. But our kids will talk about his yesterday's performance.
sure enough that he adds another one in the final week. Prato nevoso suits him and the train
 
Re: Re:

Ivan_Basso_77 said:
Waterloo Sunrise said:
Nice to see him fall away again after his back handed interview this morning

"Simon's doing amazing...I was surprised to see him follow me in pink yesterday, he may pay for that effort today"

Someone certainly paid for yesterday's effort.
Couldn't agree more. Such arrogance deserves big punishment. No offence to his fans, but this is the reality,
That's harsh and unfair. He was complimenting Yates, not in a backhanded way, saying that he didn't expect him to try and chase so hard considering his lead. Hats off to him for racing so hard rather than thinking of saving himself for the rest of the race was the general tone of what Froome was saying. I heard no hint of arrogance.
But I guess if you're determined to find bad in everything about someone....
 
Cassani believes he suffered for the cold weather.
I don't really know what to make of this performance. I was kind of expecting an attack, but when Kiri talked to the radio and didn't up the pace I knew something was wrong. Hopefully he recovers in the third week.
 
Re: Re:

Kwibus said:
Billie said:
perfect setup for Froomey to go home
If thats his intention he wouldve left 2 weeks ago...
Sounds like he's not going anywhere after recent comments which the Giro organizers would be happy about. Froome racing and getting beaten at the moment is not such a bad thing for the sport's public relations as it also shows him fighting back after two falls and an ordinary first week plus a stage win. It's what three week racing is all about. Just ask Chaves and Aru.......
 
Are there any details out there as it relates to his fee? Does he have to finish?

Regardless, I don't know what to think anymore. It's like a Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Froome movie...who will show up?

I am rooting against him big time, I think that I made it very obvious. If Yates keeps it up, he should be the story. If somehow Dumoulin wins, he should be the story. Froome third, who cares? I don't want him there, or anywhere (not quoting The Beatles, but it's like the song). That third spot is for Pinot/Pozzo, two guys who really want it. A 4-time TdF winner shouldn't care, but to love her is to love her everywhere, knowing to love is to share. The Beatles again.

That guy was right, I'm sick and need medicine :D ...
 
Tonton said:
Are there any details out there as it relates to his fee? Does he have to finish?

Regardless, I don't know what to think anymore. It's like a Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Froome movie...who will show up?

I am rooting against him big time, I think that I made it very obvious. If Yates keeps it up, he should be the story. If somehow Dumoulin wins, he should be the story. Froome third, who cares? I don't want him there, or anywhere (not quoting The Beatles, but it's like the song). That third spot is for Pinot/Pozzo, two guys who really want it. A 4-time TdF winner shouldn't care, but to love her is to love her everywhere, knowing to love is to share. The Beatles again.

That guy was right, I'm sick and need medicine :D ...

Interesting question.

Dr Jekyll/Mr Froome movie....LOL, however you might be onto something with that. :lol: :lol:
 
Tonton said:
Are there any details out there as it relates to his fee? Does he have to finish?

Regardless, I don't know what to think anymore. It's like a Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Froome movie...who will show up?

I am rooting against him big time, I think that I made it very obvious. If Yates keeps it up, he should be the story. If somehow Dumoulin wins, he should be the story. Froome third, who cares? I don't want him there, or anywhere (not quoting The Beatles, but it's like the song). That third spot is for Pinot/Pozzo, two guys who really want it. A 4-time TdF winner shouldn't care, but to love her is to love her everywhere, knowing to love is to share. The Beatles again.

That guy was right, I'm sick and need medicine :D ...

Who says Froome doesn’t want a podium? He’s been given the opportunity to abandon but he wants to carry on fighting to finish as high as possible. He paid massively for it on Sunday, but at least on the one day he felt good, he attacked. Take note Pinot, Pozzovivo ect.

He’s been labelled a robot/machine ect, but if he carries on fighting and gets a podium spot, after almost everything going wrong (bar broken bones) that could go wrong, he gets my respect.
 
Pricey_sky said:
Who says Froome doesn’t want a podium? He’s been given the opportunity to abandon but he wants to carry on fighting to finish as high as possible. He paid massively for it on Sunday, but at least on the one day he felt good, he attacked. Take note Pinot, Pozzovivo ect.

He’s been labelled a robot/machine ect, but if he carries on fighting and gets a podium spot, after almost everything going wrong (bar broken bones) that could go wrong, he gets my respect.
I hate when people on this forum claims a rder should abandon after losing time and/or having a minor crash. If he's healthy enough to ride, a champion should always stay in the race, especially if we're talking about the Giro/Tour/Vuelta.
This is what Froome is doing, he's respecting the race and fighting. He could fall short and finish 6th, or turn things around and win the whole think like Nibali in 2016.
 
Pricey_sky said:
Tonton said:
Are there any details out there as it relates to his fee? Does he have to finish?

Regardless, I don't know what to think anymore. It's like a Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Froome movie...who will show up?

I am rooting against him big time, I think that I made it very obvious. If Yates keeps it up, he should be the story. If somehow Dumoulin wins, he should be the story. Froome third, who cares? I don't want him there, or anywhere (not quoting The Beatles, but it's like the song). That third spot is for Pinot/Pozzo, two guys who really want it. A 4-time TdF winner shouldn't care, but to love her is to love her everywhere, knowing to love is to share. The Beatles again.

That guy was right, I'm sick and need medicine :D ...

Who says Froome doesn’t want a podium? He’s been given the opportunity to abandon but he wants to carry on fighting to finish as high as possible. He paid massively for it on Sunday, but at least on the one day he felt good, he attacked. Take note Pinot, Pozzovivo ect.

He’s been labelled a robot/machine ect, but if he carries on fighting and gets a podium spot, after almost everything going wrong (bar broken bones) that could go wrong, he gets my respect.
Well that boat sailed months ago. Him still being racing shows on its own a blatant disrespect of the sport that made him rich and famous. In the winter, it was the moment in his career, where he really needed to walk the walk instead of just talking the talk. Instead, he cowardly shirked his responsibility in front of his sport and acted like he was some no-name domestique when it served his interests better. Everything he now does or does not on the road are peanuts compared to this.
 
SafeBet said:
Pricey_sky said:
Who says Froome doesn’t want a podium? He’s been given the opportunity to abandon but he wants to carry on fighting to finish as high as possible. He paid massively for it on Sunday, but at least on the one day he felt good, he attacked. Take note Pinot, Pozzovivo ect.

He’s been labelled a robot/machine ect, but if he carries on fighting and gets a podium spot, after almost everything going wrong (bar broken bones) that could go wrong, he gets my respect.
I hate when people on this forum claims a rder should abandon after losing time and/or having a minor crash. If he's healthy enough to ride, a champion should always stay in the race, especially if we're talking about the Giro/Tour/Vuelta.
This is what Froome is doing, he's respecting the race and fighting. He could fall short and finish 6th, or turn things around and win the whole think like Nibali in 2016.
Exactly, from his interview yesterday Froome said he has been really impressed by the Giro, I think he’ll be back next year, without trying to back it up with the Tour (Bernal will be there anyway).
 
Põhja Konn said:
Pricey_sky said:
Tonton said:
Are there any details out there as it relates to his fee? Does he have to finish?

Regardless, I don't know what to think anymore. It's like a Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Froome movie...who will show up?

I am rooting against him big time, I think that I made it very obvious. If Yates keeps it up, he should be the story. If somehow Dumoulin wins, he should be the story. Froome third, who cares? I don't want him there, or anywhere (not quoting The Beatles, but it's like the song). That third spot is for Pinot/Pozzo, two guys who really want it. A 4-time TdF winner shouldn't care, but to love her is to love her everywhere, knowing to love is to share. The Beatles again.

That guy was right, I'm sick and need medicine :D ...

Who says Froome doesn’t want a podium? He’s been given the opportunity to abandon but he wants to carry on fighting to finish as high as possible. He paid massively for it on Sunday, but at least on the one day he felt good, he attacked. Take note Pinot, Pozzovivo ect.

He’s been labelled a robot/machine ect, but if he carries on fighting and gets a podium spot, after almost everything going wrong (bar broken bones) that could go wrong, he gets my respect.
Well that boat sailed months ago. Him still being racing shows on its own a blatant disrespect of the sport that made him rich and famous. In the winter, it was the moment in his career, where he really needed to walk the walk instead of just talking the talk. Instead, he cowardly shirked his responsibility in front of his sport and acted like he was some no-name domestique when it served his interests better. Everything he now does or does not on the road are peanuts compared to this.
Fair point, but as this is the road racing discussion I’ll stick to road racing. I can’t reply to you without breaking forum rules regarding clinic talk, so it’s best to keep it over that side of the forum.
 
Põhja Konn said:
Pricey_sky said:
Tonton said:
Are there any details out there as it relates to his fee? Does he have to finish?

Regardless, I don't know what to think anymore. It's like a Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Froome movie...who will show up?

I am rooting against him big time, I think that I made it very obvious. If Yates keeps it up, he should be the story. If somehow Dumoulin wins, he should be the story. Froome third, who cares? I don't want him there, or anywhere (not quoting The Beatles, but it's like the song). That third spot is for Pinot/Pozzo, two guys who really want it. A 4-time TdF winner shouldn't care, but to love her is to love her everywhere, knowing to love is to share. The Beatles again.

That guy was right, I'm sick and need medicine :D ...

Who says Froome doesn’t want a podium? He’s been given the opportunity to abandon but he wants to carry on fighting to finish as high as possible. He paid massively for it on Sunday, but at least on the one day he felt good, he attacked. Take note Pinot, Pozzovivo ect.

He’s been labelled a robot/machine ect, but if he carries on fighting and gets a podium spot, after almost everything going wrong (bar broken bones) that could go wrong, he gets my respect.
Well that boat sailed months ago. Him still being racing shows on its own a blatant disrespect of the sport that made him rich and famous. In the winter, it was the moment in his career, where he really needed to walk the walk instead of just talking the talk. Instead, he cowardly shirked his responsibility in front of his sport and acted like he was some no-name domestique when it served his interests better. Everything he now does or does not on the road are peanuts compared to this.
That decision was not his to make. While no longer a 'no-name domestique' he is an employee of Team Sky, and therefore contractually obliged to ride for them.
 
Re: Re:

Gigs_98 said:
Bardamu said:
Froome can do a Contador and decide who will win this Giro by blowing the race up.
Can he? If his shape is like last Sunday he can attack wherever he wants he won't cause the other gc contenders much trouble. If he has his Zoncolan shape however...
I think that’s the big question, if he is in great form this week then he can blow the race apart, and he has Poels alongside who will no doubt be one of the strongest in the final mountain stages as he usually is in week 3.

I’m still unconvinced, but he said he will keep fighting so I expect them to try something, the single climb on Thursday will suit him, but Friday is the best stage to take back chunks of time if they rip it up.
 

ASK THE COMMUNITY

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts