Teams & Riders Chris Froome Discussion Thread.

Page 583 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
I think they already knew that Froome fitness wasn't good, just yesterday CyclingPro reported that was the team that forced Bernal to renounce going to the Giro because of the doubts over Froome being a contender in the Tour. I won't be surprised if in the end Froome this year will go only to the Vuelta to test himself after a very light schedule and in case try the all in on the Tour in 2021.
At 36 years of age while Bernal could possibly be a 2x defending champion?

That ain’t happening.

If Bernal wins a 2nd this year he should demand to be 100% top dog.
From what i've read from him Bernal looks all but someone fixated with the Tour every year so i don't think an eventual second win will change something in his approach. If the team will allow him we are going to see him soon trying to add the Giro and the Vuelta to his palmares rather than trying to pile up Tour wins.

From what i've read from him Bernal looks all but someone fixated with the Tour every year so i don't think an eventual second win will change something in his approach. If the team will allow him we are going to see him soon trying to add the Giro and the Vuelta to his palmares rather than trying to pile up Tour wins.
Giro/Vuelta, fine if that's what he wants.

Giro/Tour if he's a leader, fine if he wants to try.

But going tot he Tour to be a domestique is throwing the rest of the season away. Sure he'd most likely be a co leader at the very least, but still. Actually if he wanted to try to win Giro/Tour this would be a year to try it cause he only needs to peak one week in each race. But right now I don't really see Bernal be good enough to win Giro-Tour if the Tour has a half decent amount of ITTing.

Wait, that tweet is dated today? The report on the main CN site just cited Bicisport and SpazioCiclismo.com without links. I wonder what the dates of those articles were? And I guess the quote from Cioni is a complete fabrication then?

Wait, that tweet is dated today? The report on the main CN site just cited Bicisport and SpazioCiclismo.com without links. I wonder what the dates of those articles were? And I guess the quote from Cioni is a complete fabrication then?
If that's the case, then it's even worse.
Coach with three names claiming something the rider denies the day after... the team's sinking deeper and deeper.

this is a good reminder of how "top level" the pros are actually at , in this time of year. I've always said the pros are super human and Chris Froome getting dropped is no surprise. Unfortunately, it could spell the beginning of the end for him. I think he'll regain form to become a super domestique

ASK THE COMMUNITY

TRENDING THREADS