• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Teams & Riders Chris Froome Discussion Thread.

Page 583 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.

Is Froome over the hill?

• Yes.

Votes: 26 35.1%
  • No, the GC finished 40 minutes ago but Froomie is still climbing it

Votes: 42 56.8%
  • No he is totally winning the Vuelta

Votes: 17 23.0%

• Total voters
If Bernal wins a 2nd this year he should demand to be 100% top dog.
From what i've read from him Bernal looks all but someone fixated with the Tour every year so i don't think an eventual second win will change something in his approach. If the team will allow him we are going to see him soon trying to add the Giro and the Vuelta to his palmares rather than trying to pile up Tour wins.

From what i've read from him Bernal looks all but someone fixated with the Tour every year so i don't think an eventual second win will change something in his approach. If the team will allow him we are going to see him soon trying to add the Giro and the Vuelta to his palmares rather than trying to pile up Tour wins.
Giro/Vuelta, fine if that's what he wants.

Giro/Tour if he's a leader, fine if he wants to try.

But going tot he Tour to be a domestique is throwing the rest of the season away. Sure he'd most likely be a co leader at the very least, but still. Actually if he wanted to try to win Giro/Tour this would be a year to try it cause he only needs to peak one week in each race. But right now I don't really see Bernal be good enough to win Giro-Tour if the Tour has a half decent amount of ITTing.

Wait, that tweet is dated today? The report on the main CN site just cited Bicisport and SpazioCiclismo.com without links. I wonder what the dates of those articles were? And I guess the quote from Cioni is a complete fabrication then?
If that's the case, then it's even worse.
Coach with three names claiming something the rider denies the day after... the team's sinking deeper and deeper.

this is a good reminder of how "top level" the pros are actually at , in this time of year. I've always said the pros are super human and Chris Froome getting dropped is no surprise. Unfortunately, it could spell the beginning of the end for him. I think he'll regain form to become a super domestique

Maybe Froome's right, maybe the coach is right, or they might both be - I think there's a good chance either that there's something we don't know or something lost in translation from the Cioni quote - 'he's not well' isn't a phrase usually used to talk about broken bones or a resulting lack of fitness.

Maybe Froome's right, maybe the coach is right, or they might both be - I think there's a good chance either that there's something we don't know or something lost in translation from the Cioni quote - 'he's not well' isn't a phrase usually used to talk about broken bones or a resulting lack of fitness.

Pretty much this. I guess time will tell and there is still 6 months until the Tour, but It’ll be interesting how he fares at the next camp starting Thursday.

TRENDING THREADS