• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Teams & Riders Chris Froome Discussion Thread.

Page 73 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.

Is Froome over the hill?

• Yes.

Votes: 28 35.4%
  • No, the GC finished 40 minutes ago but Froomie is still climbing it

Votes: 45 57.0%
  • No he is totally winning the Vuelta

Votes: 18 22.8%

• Total voters
May 21, 2010
Visit site
LaFlorecita said:
The realization that people care about Alberto's well-being gives me a warm fuzzy feeling inside :)

Lol ok :D Haha why are you surprised, I am pretty reasonable but Froome would of course not have killed Alberto.

When we were kids we used to play Evil Knevil few bricks and a plank for a ramp and we would play the part of the buses(you did not want to be the last bus:D) we survived ok(few nasty tread shaped welts mind)
Im pretty sure Berto wouldnt of felt the twigglet riding over him

Jul 19, 2010
Visit site
LaFlorecita said:
Thinking about Dawg's tweet, I'm now beginning to wonder if we're maybe misunderstanding his tweet. Mollema said that Froome wouldn't have gotten into trouble if he'd kept his line. That makes me wonder if Froome's near-crash was the result of a reflex after seeing Alberto go down. He says "I almost went over your head" maybe he thought he was going to ride into Alberto so tried to avoid him, and that scared him. Haven't seen Froome's post-race interview but from what I've heard he was angry but that's very easy to explain, when you just manage to avoid something bad, you get angry most of time, I've seen it a few times when drivers almost run into a cyclist or pedestrian and get mad at the cyclist or pedestrian even if the driver was at fault.

i think the answer is very easy. Why in the first place he followed contador really close, if he knew that contador took too much risk? No brainer. It's either he got no brain, or he wet his pants worrying about contador or he just can't help to showboating his superiority over contador. He didn't want to give bertie any seconds gain. If it's dangerous for him, 'STAY BACK'

Aug 16, 2011
Visit site
Carols said:
Well if Froomie thinks Saxo was taking to much risk wait until he meets Il Squallo trying to make up time LOL! He better back off and take it at his own pace, just as he should have yesterday.

PS. No one better call Il Squallo stupid :)

+1, Froome thinks Contador's descending was dangerous...

The 2014 Tour better have some real good, technical, and wet descents. :D

As much as I admire the palmares and personality of Bradley
Marc Wiggins, I'm not sure I would bet against Christopher
Froome if he decided to target the World Championships TT.
Absolutely brilliant rider, young Chris is, and a fine person, too.

Jul 21, 2012
Visit site
jens_attacks said:
from now on, froome's form will only go backwards i think
gave his all today and barely beat alberto, it won't be enough for the mountains to come

He was just saving himself today. Needs to be in top shape for tomorrow for the record breaking attempt

Aug 16, 2011
Visit site
LaFlorecita said:
Froome just has to push his dominance down everyone's throats. He can go **** himself. What an egocentric moron.

It was a TT, where the goal is to go all out, so he's not really pushing his dominance down everyone throats in this case. Don't get me wrong, I would have preferred to see Contador win the TT as well, but can't blame Froome for winning it.

If I didn't miss something, the only year both Ventoux and Alpe were MTFs in the same Tour was 1987, and they were won by different riders (and Ventoux was TT anyway, so I'm not sure if it should count), so Froome would be the only one to win both if he manages to do so tomorrow.

Maybe if I'm bored later I'll see if there are years where Mont Ventoux was in the Dauphine and Alpe d'Huez in the Tour or the other way round to see if anyone ever won both in the same season in high-profile races.

I suspect even the list of riders who won on both mountains in their career in the TdF (or any race) is very short.

Mar 26, 2009
Visit site
Dazed and Confused said:
Agree, I was a bit surprised about his relative weakness today.

I find it odd that every time Froome wins a stage he always states he is surprised. Most riders feel when they are "on form" for a win, many even feel they will win long before they actually do, but Froome always seems to be better than he thinks he is.

Jun 21, 2010
Visit site
A solid ride from C Froome today, and another stage win for the MJ. He looked relaxed today. Looking forward to l'Alpe, should be a great test for the peloton. I wonder if there will be a rider who will hang with Froome tomorrow. . .

May 19, 2011
Visit site
silverrocket said:
I find it odd that every time Froome wins a stage he always states he is surprised. Most riders feel when they are "on form" for a win, many even feel they will win long before they actually do, but Froome always seems to be better than he thinks he is.

Froom can stop the bull****ting, surprised to win Ventoux, surprised to win ITT. Liar is all over his face.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts