• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Teams & Riders Chris Froome Discussion Thread.

Page 26 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.

Is Froome over the hill?

• Yes.

Votes: 26 35.1%
  • No, the GC finished 40 minutes ago but Froomie is still climbing it

Votes: 42 56.8%
  • No he is totally winning the Vuelta

Votes: 17 23.0%

• Total voters
webvan said:
Yeah right, DB is going to tell Sir BW, national hero, defending champion, to stay home so that some crazy woman has her way? Assuming that were even a remote possibility, what happens if Froome crashes in the first week?

WTF is wrong with that woman...and with Froome for putting up with her ?! He's going to get his @ss fired if he goes on like that. As if the showboating and big fail on the Vuelta (yes I know he was tired, but he also raced like crap) wasn't enough ?!

Don't be fooled, they're as thick as thieves those two. Froome is hugely ambitious, probably even more so than his missus.

May 26, 2009
Visit site
airstream said:
Objectively, Froome and Wiggins are 2 strongest GT riders for today

Objectively????:eek:

I know you are a fanboy who doesn't look at the facts, but Froome never won a GT in his life. The last GT won was by a guy called Alberto Contador, who actually won a few GT's more than that.

What you could say is that Froome has a better form today than AC, but saying he and Wiggo are the best GT riders in the world is flat out ridiculously wrong.

In fact your statement is objectively false so I really do wonder how your thought progress goes... do you just shut out every rider that doesn't wear your favourite jersey?

Nov 14, 2011
Visit site
JRanton said:
The Cound woman has tweeted:

"Chris & Brad on the same start line, in the same kit? Mmmmmm... doubt it!"

So Froome will refuse to race if Wiggins is selected for the Tour? Brailsford will call his bluff/won't stand for that.

I assumed that was a dig at a poorly worded headline? Two guys, only one kit/jersey?

IMO Wiggins has every right to claim a second leader position for the TdF and he will get it.

Aside from that Froome's chick is PR nightmare for Sky. She tweets like her BF races in an amateure series and not in the pro tour, gives out (alleged) team internal information etc. I'm not even blaming her, she's just the super groupie of Froome and probably has nothing better to do. But Sky should really put some effort in shutting her up.

Dec 10, 2012
Visit site
Wiggins won last year so he should be the leader if he wants to go for yellow.
And based on what are people assuming that Froome is stronger than Wiggins?Because of these short accellerations last year?

JimPanzen said:
IMO Wiggins has every right to claim a second leader position for the TdF and he will get it.

Aside from that Froome's chick is PR nightmare for Sky. She tweets like her BF races in an amateure series and not in the pro tour, gives out (alleged) team internal information etc. I'm not even blaming her, she's just the super groupie of Froome and probably has nothing better to do. But Sky should really put some effort in shutting her up.

It's actually scary how much she tweets, I took a quick look yesterday and she was tweeting ever 5 minutes, if not more, about cooking, going there, doing this and that...what an airhead, this will not end well...

Jan 3, 2011
Visit site
Sophistic82 said:
Wiggins won last year so he should be the leader if he wants to go for yellow.
And based on what are people assuming that Froome is stronger than Wiggins?Because of these short accellerations last year?

Imo its more about what he has shown this year. Against the likes of JRod and Bertie Froome is a much better bet that Wiggo. But cant they both have protected roles and then let the race decide after the 1st MTF?

Aug 13, 2009
Visit site
This is some entertaining catfight

@michellecound 1
I look forward to @TeamSky clearing up this mess (ASAP) #fedup

‏@michellecound
To those claiming that this Wiggins/Froome thing is some sort of publicity stunt, you are wrong.

‏@michellecound
Chris & Brad on the same start line, in the same kit? Mmmmmm… doubt it!

That chick needs to take a pill!

Cimber said:
Imo its more about what he has shown this year. Against the likes of JRod and Bertie Froome is a much beter bet that Wiggo. But can they both have protected roles and then let the race decide after the 1st MTF?

Of course, that's the way it should be, only Froome and his airhead GF think it doesn't make sense, it's the complete opposite actually to anyone who knows anything about cycling...but of course as JRanton pointed out, if Wiggo is in yellow after the first ITT it's going to make life difficult for Froome.

Dec 27, 2010
Visit site
webvan said:

Of course, that's the way it should be, only Froome and his airhead GF think it doesn't make sense, it's the complete opposite actually to anyone who knows anything about cycling...but of course as JRanton pointed out, if Wiggo is in yellow after the first ITT it's going to make life difficult for Froome.

Aitor Gonzalez Jimenez.

Jan 3, 2011
Visit site
webvan said:

But their is a MTF before the 1st ITT, so Froome make his point then and there.

If I'm Froome and Wiggins gets the team's support just for being ahead a couple seconds at some arbitrary cut-off point, I would **** **** up in the race and switch teams ASAP. He deserves this. Wiggins chose the Giro, if he'd said after the Tour 2012 "I'm going to repeat the win in 2013", that would have been the end of the discussion, but he didn't. He made his choice and if he's not able to live with it now, he can't expect Froome to play nice.

Jan 3, 2011
Visit site
Ferminal said:
Wiggins to attack him in the TTT.

I dunno why the Lance crew didn't try that in 2009 :p

Lol imagine one of them having a puncture in the TTT and the other one pushing the team to keep going. Would be epic :D

Aug 16, 2011
Visit site
spalco said:
If I'm Froome and Wiggins gets the team's support just for being ahead a couple seconds at some arbitrary cut-off point, I would **** **** up in the race and switch teams ASAP. He deserves this. Wiggins chose the Giro, if he'd said after the Tour 2012 "I'm going to repeat the win in 2013", that would have been the end of the discussion, but he didn't. He made his choice and if he's not able to live with it now, he can't expect Froome to play nice.

I don't expect Froome will play nice. I imagine Froome is pretty annoyed that Wiggins is once again trying to take the TDF leadership that he deserves (and was promised) away from him. And no matter what their positions are heading into Ax-3, I expect Froome will want to show he should be the leader as early into the race as possible.

TRENDING THREADS