• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Teams & Riders Chris Froome Discussion Thread.

Page 54 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.

Is Froome over the hill?

• Yes.

Votes: 26 35.1%
  • No, the GC finished 40 minutes ago but Froomie is still climbing it

Votes: 42 56.8%
  • No he is totally winning the Vuelta

Votes: 17 23.0%

• Total voters
Jun 12, 2013
Visit site
and you're trying to infer that riis will "fix" contador's "knee" also. I think more research needs to be done before brazenly making these sort of claims.
jw as for majka, how did he actually improve??

Lanark said:
It has nothing to do with owning up to anything. The method with which Majka made a huge jump in performance is irrelevant to this subforum, I'll be happy to tell you my view in another subforum, but that has no place here. What is relevant is that a prominent teammate was able to do that, regardless of the means. That is a good sign for Contador, because otherwise Froome would have little competition this Tour.
Outright saying that Saxo are on *edited for clinic reasons* would be better than these half-as.sed implications ;)

Jan 3, 2011
Visit site
theyoungest said:
Outright saying that Saxo are on *edited for clinic reasons* would be better than these half-as.sed implications ;)

If Saxo is ón that I dare not even think about what V-power Sky is fueling. Also Majka didnt really jump in performance. Before he joined the team he was invited to a training camp where he alone was able to follow Bertie. However, if you wanna talk about jump in performance, an individual who used to have to hold on to the team car to just complete mountain stage and know that individual is the biggest favorite to win the Tour. But this is the wrong forum

Jun 12, 2013
Visit site
jens_attacks said:
yep gotta luv jens. the only one from the whole peloton before 09 tour to say armstrong will beat contador:D

who would've though that?? how wrong everyone was. he nearly took yellow and his bullying severely impacted on contador's performance. if it wasn't for that bad day on le grand bornand he would've come second.

Jul 29, 2012
Visit site
nick101 said:
who would've though that?? how wrong everyone was. he nearly took yellow and his bullying severely impacted on contador's performance. if it wasn't for that bad day on le grand bornand he would've come second.

5 minutes behind on Contador? If contador wanted it could have been 10 minutes, what are you smoking? Must be some good ****.

And ok let's assume LA takes yellow with 10 sec. AC won't attack him right?

Ok what happens then in annecy? Contador destroys him

Jun 12, 2013
Visit site
Miburo said:
5 minutes behind on Contador? If contador wanted it could have been 10 minutes, what are you smoking? Must be some good ****.

Ok what happens then in annecy? Contador destroys him, fool.

he only gained just over a minute on lance in that tt so did not "destroy" him :rolleyes: . as for contador not trying; on every opportunity he got, he tried to gain time on lance and the others. Armstrong would've restrained contador or ridden him off the road (literally not metaphorically) if he was in yellow and contador tried anything.

Jul 29, 2012
Visit site
nick101 said:
he only gained just over a minute on lance in that tt so did not "destroy" him :rolleyes: . as for contador not trying; on every opportunity he got, he tried to gain time on lance and the others. Armstrong would've restrained contador or ridden him off the road (literally not metaphorically) if he was in yellow and contador tried anything.

Contador could have riden way from him whenever he wants, yellow won't make a difference but that's besides the point right?

He would take a minute on the ITT and then contador is in yellow thus your point is invalid.

Good try ;)

Oct 17, 2011
Visit site
Miburo said:
Contador could have riden way from him whenever he wants, yellow won't make a difference but that's besides the point right?

He would take a minute on the ITT and then contador is in yellow thus your point is invalid.

Good try ;)

He would be bashed by the entire world including Obama for attacking Lance if LA was in yellow lol :D

Jun 12, 2013
Visit site
he did ride away several times as I already said. he wouldn't have attacked Armstrong in yellow. Attacking your own team mate who's in yellow especially if it's Lance Armstrong world famous bully, isn't going to happen. Having a team mate in yellow would make a massive difference.
I was getting to that point about losing a minute to contador. Armstrong could've done another repeat of the stage where the whole team rode against contador and created a split in the peleton to gain time on him. but if contador was in yellow after the tt (which he would've been), that wouldn't happen.

but still despite armstrong's nasty strategies, contador would've won by over a minute due to the tt.

Jun 12, 2013
Visit site
well if he'd attacked Armstrong in yellow he would've had to face the team everyday and an angry bruyneel etc etc etc . I wouldn't be surprised to see Armstrong get into a fist fight with him after the stage if he did that. The team would've made life living hell for him if he'd "stolen" yellow from lance. contador would have been smart enough not to raise the ire of Armstrong and most of the team and instead win the tt, yellow and get back on side with the team. seems smarter to me and the more obvious choice. and if he attacked lance in yellow, it would further encourage the team to support Armstrong more than they already were and ride against him like they did earlier in the race. as chris froome knows, having a good team behind you is a very important factor in winning a race.

anyway this is a froome thread. enough with the evil Armstrong talk :p

airstream

BANNED
Mar 29, 2011
Visit site
Miburo said:

Ok what happens then in annecy? Contador destroys him

10? Where would they have been gained I wonder?

Jun 20, 2013
Visit site
Well, obviously nobody can say who's going to win the Tour, all we can do is look at what's happened so far this season and project a bit based on that. Froome has been kicking eveyone's **** so far, and the one guy who's beaten him won't be at the Tour. Froome has been having the same kind of run-up to the Tour that Contador used to have, when he'd win 3 or 4 or 5 stage races while getting ready. I wouldn't automatically count Contador out, but he's been invisible this year compared to the past. To have a prayer he's going to have to ramp it up dramatically and show us a totally different rider that what we've seen so far. Can he do that? Sure he's smart and experienced, but if he doesn't have the legs then no way. This is Froome's to lose (which is of course very possible too).

Jul 29, 2012
Visit site
skwalo said:
Well, obviously nobody can say who's going to win the Tour, all we can do is look at what's happened so far this season and project a bit based on that. Froome has been kicking eveyone's **** so far, and the one guy who's beaten him won't be at the Tour. Froome has been having the same kind of run-up to the Tour that Contador used to have, when he'd win 3 or 4 or 5 stage races while getting ready. I wouldn't automatically count Contador out, but he's been invisible this year compared to the past. To have a prayer he's going to have to ramp it up dramatically and show us a totally different rider that what we've seen so far. Can he do that? Sure he's smart and experienced, but if he doesn't have the legs then no way. This is Froome's to lose (which is of course very possible too).

Good first post.

TRENDING THREADS