• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Teams & Riders Chris Froome Discussion Thread.

Page 78 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.

Is Froome over the hill?

• Yes.

Votes: 28 35.4%
  • No, the GC finished 40 minutes ago but Froomie is still climbing it

Votes: 45 57.0%
  • No he is totally winning the Vuelta

Votes: 18 22.8%

• Total voters
Aug 16, 2011
Visit site
airstream said:
Does Froome satisfy you in terms of show?

Come on airstream, even you have to admit Froomes constant looking down is funny. Watching him riding along he looks just like a bobble head. Up, down, up, down, up, down. :D

airstream

BANNED
Mar 29, 2011
Visit site
Afrank said:
Come on airstream, even you have to admit Froomes constant looking down is funny. Watching him riding along he looks just like a bobble head. Up, down, up, down, up, down. :D

Whats the difference? he's the most effective.

By the way when Froome lauched attack at Ventoux russian commentator started screaming: ' Froome eats the best climbers like kids. It is nightmare'. Lol it was so funny...Damn, will remember it till I die))))

Aug 16, 2011
Visit site
airstream said:

By the way when Froome lauched attack at Ventoux russian commentator started screaming: ' Froome eats the best climbers like kids. It is nightmare'. Lol it was so funny...Damn, will remember it till I die))))

Not saying it's necessarily bad, riders should do what works for them and looking down constantly just seems to be Froomes style. But it's still funny, just like Voeckler's all over the bike climbing style is funny.

By the way, you haven't answered my question in the Quintana thread yet...

airstream said:

My god, get that stick out of your ***. The pictures are funny...that's it. Everybody could see that his riding style is effective. There's no need for discussion about that in a trivial context that some funny pictures and captions are.

I can imagine what went through your mind when you saw the pictures: "Oh my god, pictures making fun of Froome. I have to remind everybody how superior he was, because I think those funny pictures made them forget."

airstream said:
OMG, one more guy injured by Froome. :) How many of you on the forum?

:D "Injured by"? Dude you are obviously obsessed with Froome since you jump in every time you consider him being mentioned in a "negative" context.

Check some posts before, I gave my opinion on his WC chances...no hard feelings there, except me saying that he's not the favorite is in some way hurting your feelings :D

btw, regarding WCs: Will Froome do both, RR and ITT. Or even also TTT?

airstream

BANNED
Mar 29, 2011
Visit site
JimPanzen said:
:D "Injured by"? Dude you are obviously obsessed with Froome since you jump in every time you consider him being mentioned in a "negative" context.

Check some posts before, I gave my opinion on his WC chances...no hard feelings there, except me saying that he's not the favorite is in some way hurting your feelings :D

Yes, honesly I enjoy it because exactly fans like you deserved such an annihilation from Froome, considering all your smirks and evil ironies. Don't want to look up to great champions? Do suffer. It's easy.

JimPanzen said:

I think he's mentioned that he won't be doing the ITT which should be Wiggins and Dowsett. He's hoping to do the TTT though. Team of Wiggins, Froome, Porte, EBH, Thomas and Kiriyenka or Siutsou should do well, though probably not match OPQS.

May 31, 2013
Visit site
wwabbit said:
I think he's mentioned that he won't be doing the ITT which should be Wiggins and Dowsett. He's hoping to do the TTT though. Team of Wiggins, Froome, Porte, EBH, Thomas and Kiriyenka or Siutsou should do well, though probably not match OPQS.

I think they'd win with that team but wiggins will be at the tour of britain as the ttt is the same day as final stage

wwabbit said:

Dowsett's injuries from yesterday's crash might change things with regards to the worlds TT. But yes, provisionally at least the two GB selections are Wiggins and Dowsett.

Apr 15, 2013
Visit site
wwabbit said:

That team would be amazing, can't even see OPQS beating that. Sadly, I can't see both Wiggins and Froome competing in it. Cataldo/Knees wouldn't be bad replacements for either though.

Jun 9, 2012
Visit site
airstream said:
Yes, honesly I enjoy it because exactly fans like you deserved such an annihilation from Froome, considering all your smirks and evil ironies. Don't want to look up to great champions? Do suffer. It's easy.

lol. Your defence of Froome is now comparable / an escalation on La Flo's defence of Contador:D

May 19, 2011
Visit site
webvan said:
Froome 49th in the Vail ITT today, 3'07" down on TVG and behind Klodi and Schleckett...I know he arrived late in CO and probably can't care less, but is it just me, or is it appalling to see a TDF winner performing so poorly?

Isn't question mark always follow CF since he burst into scene since vuelta?

webvan said:
Froome 49th in the Vail ITT today, 3'07" down on TVG and behind Klodi and Schleckett...I know he arrived late in CO and probably can't care less, but is it just me, or is it appalling to see a TDF winner performing so poorly?

It's due to the fact that the usa pro cycling challenge is a joke of an event of which you are right froome and barely anyone else really cares less about. - it's almost insulting to see some of the big names
Skulk off to America instead of doing a proper event like the vuelta

webvan said:

Froome has just turned up to get the miles in his legs as he begins to peak again for the World Champs. It was obvious he would play no significant part in this race. He has been at a great level until July and he had a month off since winning the Tour so its expected that he will be a little rusty.

I find it more appalling that TVG can have a shocker (Alpe D'huez apart) on the biggest stage of the Tour but be great in his home races.

webvan said:

Not that significant. His job is done for this year. It is most likely vacation plus light training in progress. Contador was passed by Martin in Worlds ITT 2012 & by Porte in 2013 Dauphine

TRENDING THREADS