• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Teams & Riders Chris Froome Discussion Thread.

Page 81 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.

Is Froome over the hill?

• Yes.

Votes: 26 35.1%
  • No, the GC finished 40 minutes ago but Froomie is still climbing it

Votes: 42 56.8%
  • No he is totally winning the Vuelta

Votes: 17 23.0%

• Total voters

Gugashwill

BANNED
Jun 8, 2013
Visit site
I think there's not much sense in speaking about Froome like a Worlds contender.
We can agree about his climbing abilities and discuss about his sprinting, but it's going to be very hard for him to exploit these qualities in such a tactical race like Worlds.
He hasn't learnt to read a race yet and never will.

EnacheV

BANNED
Jul 7, 2013
Visit site
Cycle Chic said:
Gerry McCulloch@gerrymcculloch115 Sep

See my exclusive interview with Sir Bradley Wiggins on Sky Sports News tomorrow. Says it's not his place to clear the air with Froome

Michelle Cound@michellecound15 Sep

considering how he treated Chris it is actually, but clearly he's too caught up in his own delusions.

Looks like Froomey and Wiggo are still arch enemies from that tweet by Michelle Cound.

10charsssss

Gugashwill said:
I think there's not much sense in speaking about Froome like a Worlds contender.
We can agree about his climbing abilities and discuss about his sprinting, but it's going to be very hard for him to exploit these qualities in such a tactical race like Worlds.
He hasn't learnt to read a race yet and never will.

He can do very well and he could win, but he has less possibilities than other contenders, that is sure, but I think he can read the race, he was studing economics, and that is more difficult, he need a little more experience in this kind of races, but he is not new, he was in a world sub 23 for Kenia long time ago.

EnacheV

BANNED
Jul 7, 2013
Visit site
Froome does awful in every race that fiancee Cound attends. If you want to know if he is serious check if fiancee is at home or at race.

For TdF she come on the Mount Ventoux stage, to late to do any damage.

Afrank said:
Yay! Less races where we will already know the final result before the race even starts. :D

http://www.cyclingnews.com/news/froome-to-target-fewer-races-in-2014

I don't know, I expect Porte will be stepping up on the early season races with his Giro prep. :D

It makes sense for Froome to go and work on some things like his positioning to improve aero, he knows he will be huge favourite for the Tour with the long, flat iTT that's expected.

May 12, 2013
Visit site
b.broadhurst said:
Froome: P-N - Romandie - Dauphine - Tour

Porte: T-A - Basque - Giro

Henao/Nieve: Cataluyna

I say:
Froome: P-N - Romandie - Dauphine - Tour
Porte : T-A - Trentino
Henao : Catalunya - Basque - Ardenees

Nieve isn't a very good rider for stage races.

l4PzcFw.jpg

TRENDING THREADS