• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Teams & Riders Chris Froome Discussion Thread.

Page 110 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.

Is Froome over the hill?

• Yes.

Votes: 28 35.4%
  • No, the GC finished 40 minutes ago but Froomie is still climbing it

Votes: 45 57.0%
  • No he is totally winning the Vuelta

Votes: 18 22.8%

• Total voters
Sep 14, 2011
Visit site
Would be complete madness for Sky not to pick both Pate and Knees to be honest. Eddie Bos needs to try and get his career back on track and actually try and win something, not act as a bottle carrier for 3 weeks.

Sep 14, 2011
Visit site
JRanton said:
If Froome's selecting then it will be the Dauphine team + Siutsou.

Word on the street is that Eisel and Knees weren't impressed with Froome's ''antics'' in the 2012 Tour and they let him know about it.

It had never occurred to me but since the 2012 Tour, Knees has only raced with Froome once and Bernie hasn't at all. More reason to hate Froome. Siutsou and Zandio will be as much use to him at the Tour as a sack of spuds whilst two of the best domestiques in the world are in Austria.

EBH has withdrawn from the national championships in Norway. It has been called for a press conference at 1300 CET, so more updates to follow...
Highly unlikely that he will ride the Tour as it seems, but we will probably know more in a few hours.

vladimir said:
EBH has withdrawn from the national championships in Norway. It has been called for a press conference at 1300 CET, so more updates to follow...
Highly unlikely that he will ride the Tour as it seems, but we will probably know more in a few hours.

"i was informed yesterday morning by the uci through mr. zorzoli who gave me the devastating news that i tested positive for the substance talentine. so i won't be part of le tour squad".

*breaks in tears a la virenque 98 style*....

Jun 13, 2012
Visit site
Excuse me gentlemen is there a thread about Froomeys girlfriend Michelle I can't seem to search for one I just would like to see some of her quotes? I don't follow cyclists girlfriends but I years she's kind of comical

senatorrick said:
Excuse me gentlemen is there a thread about Froomeys girlfriend Michelle I can't seem to search for one I just would like to see some of her quotes? I don't follow cyclists girlfriends but I years she's kind of comical

Indeed, she is dating Chris Froome, what a joke. :eek: :p

Edit: Sorry, could not resist, don't take it personally.

Aug 16, 2011
Visit site
senatorrick said:

Take a look through the Froome talk only thread in the clinic, that would probably be your best shot at finding quotes.

argyllflyer said:
Word on the street is Froome wanted as few of Wiggins' men as possible on his team for 2013.

It's a 2-way street!

This suggests that SDB isn't really in control of team selection and seems Froome's got him by the balls.

SDB should have stamped his authority on this a long time ago!

elfed68 said:
This suggests that SDB isn't really in control of team selection and seems Froome's got him by the balls.

SDB should have stamped his authority on this a long time ago!

I think it's fairly reasonable for a GC rider (and strong bet to win) to have a say, and the team selector is going to want to have people that function as a unit. That SDB was unable to do that would suggest a bigger failing on his part. The team selected in 2013 were over-raced/trained in the build-up (by their own admission - I think it was EBH who said they arrived in Corsica knackered and the 2nd day in the Pyrenees backs that up) so a direct comparison with the 2012 team is a bit difficult.

Jul 19, 2010
Visit site
argyllflyer said:
Word on the street is Froome wanted as few of Wiggins' men as possible on his team for 2013.

It's a 2-way street!

is it even possible at this point? There's almost no body now, seems like every week some one is either injured or sick. They are dropping like a fly fast. I said, Wiggin's chance is better and better. Unless, SKY really don't want to take him to TDF. SDB will take anyone other than Wiggins? Rumors said they will announce the roster end of this week. We shall see..

maltiv said:
Yes, it's his achilles again. Last time he had the same injury he was out for 4 months. His season might be over, maybe even his career as he'll struggle to even find a team now.
Don't be so pessimistic, he would get a team even if he raced until the end of the season without results. He's a huge talent and lot of teams will want him to put him back on his true level.

Mar 9, 2013
Visit site
I know it is a Froome thread. Just wanted to put a point for EBH. If I'm his agent. First call I make is to Tinkoff. Oleg/Riis "2 year deal, upper level dom money, big bonuses for wins"" All he does is classics. With full support."

I offer the same deal to GVA. Maybe can sign both. And still ad really nice classics support riders. All this done with less then Sagan money.

TRENDING THREADS