• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Teams & Riders Chris Froome Discussion Thread.

Page 308 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.

Is Froome over the hill?

• Yes.

Votes: 26 35.1%
  • No, the GC finished 40 minutes ago but Froomie is still climbing it

Votes: 42 56.8%
  • No he is totally winning the Vuelta

Votes: 17 23.0%

• Total voters
Re: Re:

sir fly said:
rhubroma said:
Quintana was training on his own too.
I think there were differences in their goals, as well as in training habits. Quintana trains on his own to sharpen the shape. He's done it before the Tours and other targeted races.

Quintana has a natural talent to climb that allow him to perform very well even without many races.

But he was very strong already in colombian championship.

Today Froome loked very strong, He just needed some racing days.

rick james said:
pastronef said:
that´s Wout Poels
Please don't ruin the dream, folk on here have already made their minds up that it's froomedog, it must be laughed at even though is all in their fantasy heads

Sky are practicing their next race tactic for the Tour. Poels is going to do a head down Froome-like mutant attack, the other riders burn their watts trying to close the gap thinking "Oh crap! The dawgs on an attack", only to catch up with Poels and then they see a full-mutant Froome jump them from behind with perhaps only a top-level Contador able to follow.

Savant12 said:
rick james said:
pastronef said:
that´s Wout Poels
Please don't ruin the dream, folk on here have already made their minds up that it's froomedog, it must be laughed at even though is all in their fantasy heads

Sky are practicing their next race tactic for the Tour. Poels is going to do a head down Froome-like mutant attack, the other riders burn their watts trying to close the gap thinking "Oh crap! The dawgs on an attack", only to catch up with Poels and then they see a full-mutant Froome jump them from behind with perhaps only a top-level Contador able to follow.
this top level Contador, is it contador 2009 or contador 2014??

rick james said:
Savant12 said:
rick james said:
pastronef said:
that´s Wout Poels

that's any contador able to stick to froome at the first summit finish and destroy him in week 3 by 2-3 minutes.

SeriousSam said:
It remains to be seen whether this Contador is more than mystical, counterfactual rider that exists only in the vivid imagination of some fans.
the statements of a rider in the year x form are bloody madly dogmatic in essence and have the only function - to defend one's alleged superiority by any arguments. in this connection i'd love to see quintana and froome deliving an absolutely dominant perfomance in july just to find out how it might be extrapolated on the top 2009/2014 contador level.

Aug 4, 2011
Visit site
SeriousSam said:
It remains to be seen whether this Contador is more than mystical, counterfactual rider that exists only in the vivid imagination of some fans.

counterfactual. conditional statement (e.g. If kangaroos had no tails, they would topple over).

Grand Tours
Tour de France
General classification (2007, 2009)
young rider classification (2007)
3 individual stages (2007, 2009)
Giro d'Italia
General classification (2008, 2015)
Vuelta a España
General classification (2008, 2012, 2014)
Combination classification (2008, 2014)
5 individual stages (2008, 2012, 2014)
Stage races
Paris–Nice (2007, 2010)
Tirreno–Adriatico (2014)
Tour of the Basque Country (2008, 2009, 2014)
Single-day races and Classics
National Time Trial Championships (2009)
Milano–Torino (2012

Aug 31, 2012
Visit site
LaFlorecita said:
rick james said:
Ideally 2009, but 2014 will do as well, there isn't a big difference honestly.

That's just wishful thinking. Distancing Nibali by 2 seconds, a strong performance in one week stage races, the Vuelta and Contador self praise doesn't come close to the Verbier performance and beating prime Cancellara in a TT at the Tour de France.

May 26, 2015
Visit site
Froome cant compare to Contador any cycling fan with a IQ over 70 sure can understand that and I wont even bother to explain why cause the truth is right in front of your face so if you cant see it its either cause ur delusional or just isnt bright enough whichever case it is I dont CARE.

Re:

blackmamba said:
Froome cant compare to Contador any cycling fan with a IQ over 70 sure can understand that and I wont even bother to explain why cause the truth is right in front of your face so if you cant see it its either cause ur delusional or just isnt bright enough whichever case it is I dont CARE.
You care enough to open a Froome thread to tell us all how much greater saint Bertie is....oh you care alright

May 26, 2015
Visit site

rick james said:
blackmamba said:
You care enough to open a Froome thread to tell us all how much greater saint Bertie is....oh you care alright

Froome won tdf 2 times oh lets compare him with a guy who has won exactly what? :rolleyes: See the difference now try to understand it and comprehend it.

blackmamba said:
rick james said:
blackmamba said:

Froome won tdf 2 times oh lets compare him with a guy who has won exactly what? :rolleyes: See the difference now try to understand it and comprehend it.
Well considering saint Bertie has been cycling at the top end of the world tour for more years its understandable that he's won more than the dawg...and Saint Bertie at the tour is an irrelevance, all he's done for years but making up the numbers....what a bitter pill to swallow for Saint Bertie fans.

May 26, 2015
Visit site

rick james said:
blackmamba said:
rick james said:
blackmamba said:

Well considering saint Bertie has been cycling at the top end of the world tour for more years its understandable that he's won more than the dawg...and Saint Bertie at the tour is an irrelevance, all he's done for years but making up the numbers....what a bitter pill to swallow for Saint Bertie fans.

Sure in 14 it was a fall who stopped him and we all know what it was in 15 even tho you dont :p

Holy moly what a stupid discussion, its like discussing wether or not Kristoff is greater than Cancellara, do you see how *** that looks? smh unbelivable that some of you guys dont understand this :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

The so called saint bertie as you refer him to, he is real and you can try to be funny about it as much as you want but his palmarés speak for itself and makes him arguably the greatest GT of all time. (Yes I know Hinault etc etc but noone has won a GT over such a big time span as Contador has and in a time where its much more competetive and harder to win) so just go cry in a corner or something if its to hard for you to deal with the facts :D

dacooley said:
LaFlorecita said:
dacooley said:
the statements of a rider in the year x form are bloody madly dogmatic in essence and have the only function - to defend one's alleged superiority by any arguments.
airstream?
dacooley, nice to meet you.

if contador cannot be compared with any modern cyclists, be so polite to discuss him without mentioning different names.
Your style of writing just reminds me a lot of airstream who would also go on and on about dogmas and superiority etc :)
If you aren't airstream I offer my apologies :)

Aug 4, 2011
Visit site

rick james said:
blackmamba said:
rick james said:
blackmamba said:

Did you ignore this post and you know full well that last year bertie rode the giro Dawg did not.
Year before he crashed out like Dawg.
And 2013 he was way below par he had a awful season .
So for the last 2 out of 3 years your making up the numbers point is not valid at all just ignorant of the facts.
here's some facts you seemed to have missed
Grand Tours
Tour de France
General classification (2007, 2009)
young rider classification (2007)
3 individual stages (2007, 2009)
Giro d'Italia
General classification (2008, 2015)
Vuelta a España
General classification (2008, 2012, 2014)
Combination classification (2008, 2014)
5 individual stages (2008, 2012, 2014)
Stage races
Paris–Nice (2007, 2010)
Tirreno–Adriatico (2014)
Tour of the Basque Country (2008, 2009, 2014)
Single-day races and Classics
National Time Trial Championships (2009)
Milano–Torino (2012

Who's trying to say Froome has a better palmares than Contador? People are arguing that Froome right now is better than Contador, and listing achievements from 9 years ago is completely irrelevant.

The AC thread is full of people complaining about discussion of CF and CF fans posting 5h!t in it, so it's only right that AC fans stay out of this one ;)

May 26, 2015
Visit site
Its no discussion even, like I wrote on my post above its like saying Kristoff is greater than Cancellara.

Take into account Froome and Contador hasnt gone head to head when even terms the closest we get is the vuelta 14 and the results there aswell speaks for themself even tho people gonne play the fanboy card the facts dont lie, sure they might hurt your feeling but still dont lie. :p Froome beating Contador in TDF 15 is the same as Kristoff winning flandern 15 over Cancellara pretty much (seeing he didnt even participate which is almost the same as Contador in TDF 15 since he did the Giro - TDF which everyone knows is impossible)

TRENDING THREADS