• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Teams & Riders Chris Froome Discussion Thread.

Page 586 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.

Is Froome over the hill?

• Yes.

Votes: 26 34.7%
  • No, the GC finished 40 minutes ago but Froomie is still climbing it

Votes: 42 56.0%
  • No he is totally winning the Vuelta

Votes: 18 24.0%

• Total voters
Africa is probably the best place to be regarding the virus

SwngRLw.png

Reactions: pastronef
As Mr. Dirt posted in the NFL thread; the delays will allow veteran players to more fully recover from injury. Mr. Froome could be the luckiest Ineos rider. I'd say his stock is going up.

Nobody's lucky. Maybe racing this season would've been too early for Froome regarding the injury, but time is not in his favour still. He may be healthier by the time racing starts again, but he won't be younger.

Reactions: Koronin
Nobody's lucky. Maybe racing this season would've been too early for Froome regarding the injury, but time is not in his favour still. He may be healthier by the time racing starts again, but he won't be younger.
You're so right. I feel his stock has gone up from where it was...almost zero. IMO and without injury I think he is not capable of handling Roglic. Ineos now has Carapaz, Bernal, GT...Froome to manage in the TdF. Bernal is the best equipped in my mind but Carapaz could be a very wild card. If Jumbo V has a good Dumoulin to go along with Roglic it'll be a battle and we'll find out how the Ineos discipline holds together. Riders like Quintana, Pogachar will be able to play off that action and, hopefully; the dominant team game fractures to allow for the mano y mano battles that make for epic Tours. I'd think Froome is past being able to manage that without a lot of help. What do you think?

You're so right. I feel his stock has gone up from where it was...almost zero. IMO and without injury I think he is not capable of handling Roglic. Ineos now has Carapaz, Bernal, GT...Froome to manage in the TdF. Bernal is the best equipped in my mind but Carapaz could be a very wild card. If Jumbo V has a good Dumoulin to go along with Roglic it'll be a battle and we'll find out how the Ineos discipline holds together. Riders like Quintana, Pogachar will be able to play off that action and, hopefully; the dominant team game fractures to allow for the mano y mano battles that make for epic Tours. I'd think Froome is past being able to manage that without a lot of help. What do you think?

how do you come by that bull - ***

Humility zero!
Froome: "My return will make history like what happened with Lauda"

Read the article. He's saying Lauda gave him inspiration to push himself to the limit, which the journo has twisted for that headline

UAE I think not, with Pogacar.
NTT could be. I don't think they can win the Tour though if they have only Froome. Would they think they do? Rather a PR coup then? But for a high price, even if Froome would be willing to take a bigger paycut, that could become a failure?
Bahrain... They sure could build a strong team of helpers around him, they are simply lacking that "big" leader right now. I am not sure the team is financially safe at this time, but maybe safe enough.

TRENDING THREADS