• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Teams & Riders Chris Froome Discussion Thread.

Page 617 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.

Is Froome over the hill?

• Yes.

Votes: 26 35.1%
  • No, the GC finished 40 minutes ago but Froomie is still climbing it

Votes: 42 56.8%
  • No he is totally winning the Vuelta

Votes: 17 23.0%

• Total voters
To rescue carreer he has to do full revers-Thomas and remake himself from TDF champion to an average classic rider!

Well, we know he's the third best GC man on the cobbles

bettiniphoto_0214608_1_full.jpg

And we must talk about his formidable sprinting prowess. Who can forget his sprinting to snatch the 2017 Vuelta points jersey from Matteo Trentin, or his many friendly duels with Peter Sagan?

103197456_SaganAP_trans_NvBQzQNjv4Bq9Cxoc7_0DumMzNpOf0xmJO3ODl1F4VlMjKXdN-nrsEA.jpg

In all seriousness, what a cool career.

I was going to say his 2021 may look like Contador's last season - spoken of as a contender out of respect, but ultimately a faded force capable only of a stage win from the break - but then I checked Alberto's 2017 results and boy oh boy what Froome would give to be good enough to stand on the podium of Paris–Nice and the tours of Catalunya and the Basque Country, never mind a top-10 of the Tour followed by a top-5 at the Vuelta and two stages.

Vuelta stage 1 on Strava:
"but despite losing contact with the leaders, Froome still put out some serious watts to get over pushing 439w for eight minutes and 50 seconds, that’s an estimated 6.6w/kg. "

Am I'm missing something or does this make no sense? Leading group does 5.9-6w/kg and froome is dropped on the same climb doing 6.6w/kg?!

Well, we know he's the third best GC man on the cobbles

bettiniphoto_0214608_1_full.jpg

And we must talk about his formidable sprinting prowess. Who can forget his sprinting to snatch the 2017 Vuelta points jersey from Matteo Trentin, or his many friendly duels with Peter Sagan?

103197456_SaganAP_trans_NvBQzQNjv4Bq9Cxoc7_0DumMzNpOf0xmJO3ODl1F4VlMjKXdN-nrsEA.jpg

In all seriousness, what a cool career.

I was going to say his 2021 may look like Contador's last season - spoken of as a contender out of respect, but ultimately a faded force capable only of a stage win from the break - but then I checked Alberto's 2017 results and boy oh boy what Froome would give to be good enough to stand on the podium of Paris–Nice and the tours of Catalunya and the Basque Country, never mind a top-10 of the Tour followed by a top-5 at the Vuelta and two stages.
Contador was awarded that stage Denifl won?

• Wow
Reactions: LaFlorecita
I feel for him. He clearly wants to race and be competitive but can't. I really hope he can be there to help Carapaz later on in the Vuelta.

Esteban Chavez had some nice words for Froome, knocking the people who are putting Froome down because of his current form. Called him a legend and understood what coming back from a long-term injury and loss of form feels like.

TRENDING THREADS