• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Teams & Riders Chris Froome Discussion Thread.

Page 665 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.

Is Froome over the hill?

• Yes.

Votes: 26 35.1%
  • No, the GC finished 40 minutes ago but Froomie is still climbing it

Votes: 42 56.8%
  • No he is totally winning the Vuelta

Votes: 17 23.0%

• Total voters
That's Poe's law (or rather the opposite) for you. I'm sure he's sincere.
We all get that. It was a poor attempt at a joke.

Froome's training for next season continues. Good to see him laughing with the other riders.

I thought it was the Vuelta? I mean I get it, it's hard to see what the point of this year is when he's losing 6+ mins on a flat stage. He's what, 6 or 7 places out of the Lantern Rouge at this point? I think he can do it!

Last edited:
He can't show improvement, he crashed on second stage. And i'm not saying that froome would show some improvements if he didn't crash, i don't bet on it. But he even didn't have that oportunity of show something because of the crash.

Wait, isn't this the rider who improved so much after early injuries in a grand tour that he actually ended up winning the race?

He looks like he's reached his true level again. Pre GT transformation level

Reactions: SHAD0W93 and Carols

Interesting interview. I hope you can translete into english. Anyway lot of people here talk or understand spanish. He said Froome has good nunbers, but anyway when the peloton acelerate he has problems to follow, but they never see him tired at the end of the stages except with heavy rain. They hope for him a possitive think this last part of le Tour.

And followwing with the analisys of his performance... I follow him yesterday by GPS... He prefer be conservative with rain or cold.. He doesn't mind lose more time.. Yesterday. Wanst his day... He drpped at the beginning... Get the peloton again and he was among the 25 first riders.. Just behind UAE, Ineos and Movistar... But when EF acelerates he dropped again.. No one of the first, maybe 25 or 30 to drope.... He was with his team mate Erik Zabel making a duo trying to chase... But finally they wait for the last vagon with his team mate Greipel and Cavendish. I think today and tomorrow no rain.. But the problem is the level is reallu high this yeae to be in a break. I hope one day, in the mountains or in the ITT a top 50.

Reactions: Sandisfan

TRENDING THREADS