• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Teams & Riders Chris Froome Discussion Thread.

Page 675 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.

Is Froome over the hill?

• Yes.

Votes: 28 35.0%
  • No, the GC finished 40 minutes ago but Froomie is still climbing it

Votes: 46 57.5%
  • No he is totally winning the Vuelta

Votes: 18 22.5%

• Total voters
Thing is, he's still out there trying, no matter how humiliating it might be. I'll give him full credit for that. But a comeback is looking nearly impossible at this point. I'd say that if he's riding like this next spring he should retire with immediate effect.
"Thing is, he's still out there trying, no matter how humiliating it might be. I'll give him full credit for that". Perfect words.

To all the haters: Froomewatch continues next week at Milano-Torino on October 6.
Make sure you keep an eye on the race so we all can be informed about how badly a four-time TDF; two-time Vuelta and Giro winner is performing.
Thank-you.

If anybody caught coverage of this race they would have seen our Chris at the correct end of the large split towards the end.
He pushed on, working for team mate Michael Woods, but unfortunately did not finish.
I suppose he assumed it was job done and did not bother with the two climbs at the conclusion.
Froome is very much in the role of the 'domestique', but not even the 'super' variety.

If anybody caught coverage of this race they would have seen our Chris at the correct end of the large split towards the end.
He pushed on, working for team mate Michael Woods, but unfortunately did not finish.
I suppose he assumed it was job done and did not bother with the two climbs at the conclusion.
Froome is very much in the role of the 'domestique', but not even the 'super' variety.
He probably had to stop off at the bank to make a big deposit. For sure, Froome is smarter than Sylvan Adams.

I believe he must have literally been delivering bottles when the split happened. The pace ended up being a bit too much for him though so he DNF'd when the road went up.

I'm pretty sure he just rode straight to the finish after he was done working. Nothing weird about that really, so it's a bit of a cheap shot.

Not entirely cheap if you consider according to his own statements he's theoretically building form back. So "if" he really wanted to test his legs (or at least train them) I can't see the harm in riding over that climb twice.

The DNF raises more questions tbh.

Not entirely cheap if you consider according to his own statements he's theoretically building form back. So "if" he really wanted to test his legs (or at least train them) I can't see the harm in riding over that climb twice.

The DNF raises more questions tbh.

If he had already emptied himself working for Woods and Hermans (he did close one of the gaps created by DQS, for instance), he wouldn't relly get much out of riding Superga for the second time. He wasn't the only one, who thought that; Devenyns did the exact same thing.

TRENDING THREADS