• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Teams & Riders Chris Froome Discussion Thread.

Page 759 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.

Is Froome over the hill?

• Yes.

Votes: 26 35.1%
  • No, the GC finished 40 minutes ago but Froomie is still climbing it

Votes: 42 56.8%
  • No he is totally winning the Vuelta

Votes: 17 23.0%

• Total voters
  • Haha
Reactions: Sandisfan
Any guesses on how many kilometres reached before Froome's likely DNF?

Or is he going to treat it as just another training ride?

Today he rode alone 197 km.

The race is quite flat, but not totallay, and with that distance looks to me at San Remo.

Organicers expect between 6 and 8 hours, I think they means the winner...with headwind a no profesional should take very long time... Anyway, I am not sure with kind of race is this....if they race as a team, alone, is a real race, ....??

Clarke?? he shoul be the clear favourite.

He managed 12th:

1.17Tristan SAUNDERS (BLN)7h00:17
2.24Brendon GREEN (CDF)+2:59
3.84Bailey MCDONALD (NCM)+3:04
4.48Brendon DAVIDS (CPU)+3:04
5.212Jordan VILLANI+3:04
6.14Samuel JENNER (BLN)+3:04
7.152Liam JOHNSTON+3:13
8.33Benjamin HILL (BRE)+4:51
9.11Tom CHAPMAN (BLN)+5:05
10.47Bentley NIQUET-OLDEN (CPU)+5:05
11.137Joseph Daniel BONELLO+5:09
12.131Chris FROOME+5:14

• Wow
Arch enemy Ben Hill? Well if that's his greatest adversary, I'm standing by my original post.
I say it with a wink. A few years back Froome was leading a lot of classifications in the Sun Tour, including points. Ben Hill was desperate to join the break to win the latter, but Froome personally made sure he didn’t get as much as a finger of distance.

In 2017, circa, I often thought, „Could this Froome guy please retire, now?“…

Nowadays, I honestly fear the day Chris retires. I wish he‘ll remain a pro for the next five or ten years…

He‘s just entertaining, these days. And in a good way. Somehow, he seems to be back to his old days, still at Barloworld.

What he‘s been through, already. The worm stories. His Salzburg crash. His domestique duties for Henderson. Battling amateurs in non-UCI races. Winning 4 TdF GCs, in between.

This guy is so much more than an average pro cyclist. And the number of people who dislike him probably decreases day by day…

Reactions: perico
In 2017, circa, I often thought, „Could this Froome guy please retire, now?“…

Nowadays, I honestly fear the day Chris retires. I wish he‘ll remain a pro for the next five or ten years…

He‘s just entertaining, these days. And in a good way. Somehow, he seems to be back to his old days, still at Barloworld.

What he‘s been through, already. The worm stories. His Salzburg crash. His domestique duties for Henderson. Battling amateurs in non-UCI races. Winning 4 TdF GCs, in between.

This guy is so much more than an average pro cyclist. And the number of people who dislike him probably decreases day by day…

I am sure he will at least compete in the World Tour until the end of 2024, so hopefully more moments to enjoy.

TRENDING THREADS