• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Teams & Riders Chris Froome Discussion Thread.

Page 777 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.

Is Froome over the hill?

• Yes.

Votes: 28 35.4%
  • No, the GC finished 40 minutes ago but Froomie is still climbing it

Votes: 45 57.0%
  • No he is totally winning the Vuelta

Votes: 18 22.8%

• Total voters
Any one else getting excited about Chris riding the CIC Mont Ventoux race next Tuesday? (June 13th) The race includes over 4,500m of vertical gain as riders must ascend the mountain twice.

Here is the question I have. We know Froome's riding has fallen off since 2016, but has his running?

Screenshot-from-2023-06-08-00-03-45.png

Any one else getting excited about Chris riding the CIC Mont Ventoux race next Tuesday? (June 13th) The race includes over 4,500m of vertical gain as riders must ascend the mountain twice.

Here is the question I have. We know Froome's riding has fallen off since 2016, but has his running?

Screenshot-from-2023-06-08-00-03-45.png

Froome is a Mt Ventoux legend so it should be fun. Nowadays he can run up the Ventoux faster than by bike. Should be epic when Chris (with a bike on his back) overtakes all these weaklings and crosses the line first. Go, Chris, go!

Froome has many diverse paths in his future.. An African based cable TV cooking show.. he could work as a spinning coach and aerobics instructor on a smaller cruise ship line.. He could be a model of a doll for children that has a bicycle as part of the available accessories but also has a follow car to get a ride when the riding gets hard..he could rent beach equipment at the Dead Sea wearing his kit or maybe a skin suit and time trial helmet.. At least Cavendish put things to rest.. both guys will have hardly used team bikes to sell after the season

Froome has many diverse paths in his future.. An African based cable TV cooking show.. he could work as a spinning coach and aerobics instructor on a smaller cruise ship line.. He could be a model of a doll for children that has a bicycle as part of the available accessories but also has a follow car to get a ride when the riding gets hard..he could rent beach equipment at the Dead Sea wearing his kit or maybe a skin suit and time trial helmet.. At least Cavendish put things to rest.. both guys will have hardly used team bikes to sell after the season

Oman, UAE, Tirreno, Sanremo, E3, Gent, Brugge, Schedeprijs, Giro (stage win), ZLM-Tour, Belgium Tour, Tour de France. Cav will have used bikes to sell for sure

Reactions: SHAD0W93
Today is the day. The REVENANT DAY.
He will come back at the place he shined more by riding and by footing.
He will come back at the place where you touch the mooon and the wind dont let you breath.
Where life is just micro and geology imposes its dictatorship in form of rocks and sands.
The Provence Giant
Where just the chosen can come back to the kingdom of the best. ;)

I just watched the forecast and is predicted some rain and storms...so..it would be more mythical if he come back with a thunder, but he is much better with good weather. I hope anyway they missed the storm.
;)

Last edited:
He did this weak in his recon some KOMs on the first climb of Ventoux for Sault...but...with just one climb he has no options to win here..and very diifficult top ten...he is much better with more climbs and less explosive race....Anyway i hope to see some progression. If Pozzovivo or Woods are in top shape they are serious condidates to win, so maybe he has to work, but if he has progresses from Mercan he should be leading here.

it is a bad result, even with the change of route and the team being second. Hope to be better with good weather at Occitanie.

Anyway I heard the comentators in italian (similar to spanish) Froome had some problems today. so I have to wait to know everything to have a better opinion. But maybe I dint understad well and the speak about the year...
it is not normal he climbed at the same time the other day in his recon the first part of this Mont Ventoux, that today in the middle of a big group going full gas in a race, when he climbed later the usual hard Mont Ventoux from Bedoin...So something doesn't add up.

Last edited:
Reactions: Ilmaestro99
it is a bad result, even with the change of route and the team being second. Hope to be better with good weather at Occitanie.

Anyway I heard the comentators in italian (similar to spanish) Froome had some problems today. so I have to wait to know everything to have a better opinion. But maybe I dint understad well and the speak about the year...
it is not normal he climbed at the same time the other day in his recon the first part of this Mont Ventoux, that today in the middle of a big group going full gas in a race, when he climbed later the usual hard Mont Ventoux from Bedoin...So something doesn't add up.
You mean the KOM you were crowing about yesterday for a two minute section over some random triathlete didn’t actually mean anything? Shocker.