• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Teams & Riders Chris Froome Discussion Thread.

Page 832 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.

Is Froome over the hill?

• Yes.

Votes: 30 33.0%
  • No, the GC finished 40 minutes ago but Froomie is still climbing it

Votes: 54 59.3%
  • No he is totally winning the Vuelta

Votes: 19 20.9%

• Total voters
According to the conspiracy theory he did a deal with the team, @Froome rides his last Tour and then retire.
Is based in?? It has sesnse..Froome want to ride le Tour, the team can say no. The team dont want to keep the contract..Frome can say no.., That way everybody happy.

But anyway he has contract and if he perform at Mercan and Dauphine I dont think the team can find more than 2 riders better that him for le Tour...for other races of course, but for a three week race with hot weather I doubt

Last edited:
Reactions: AmRacer
And he's not dropped yet.
He has been 11th an 14th last 2 editions of this race, so I dont understand yout comment

He said at the start he is not aimimng any results here, just come back to race and help 2 teammates (I think Williams and Bennet, but who knows, there are other good climbers today) so I understand they showed stronger than him at the training camp. Williams came to win Fleche Valone no so far...so I understand. I hope he try a good result anyway despite help.

47. You can makes lot of views of this results...

One, he was here just to help the team after to be off almost 3 months and was at the front till the summit of the second of three climbs of the day, with similar time lost than current winner of Fleche Valone...

Two. what most of you are doing

Both have his sense...

We have to wait thil the last stages to Dauphine to make a better evaluation.

I'm not excluding the possibility there was a mechanical issue or something. He was in the main bunch on La Colmiane towards the top of the climb & then nowhere at the foot of La Couillole.

But in the event that was really his level, I'd be surprised if he even goes to the Dauphiné. The 'problem' is he has just come down from an altitude camp & his teammates did much better (namely Riccitello & Bennett).

I'm not excluding the possibility there was a mechanical issue or something. He was in the main bunch on La Colmiane towards the top of the climb & then nowhere at the foot of La Couillole.

But in the event that was really his level, I'd be surprised if he even goes to the Dauphiné. The 'problem' is he has just come down from an altitude camp & his teammates did much better (namely Riccitello & Bennett).
No, I saw him drop in the beginning of Couillole, it didn‘t look like a mechanical.

Reactions: Rackham

Latest posts