• The Cycling News forum is still looking to add volunteer moderators with. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Christian Vande Velde

Page 3 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
ChrisE said:
The fly in the ointment here is LA. Yardstick finishes 8th in 2009, but Sastre finishes 17th in 2009 after winning in 2008 when Yardstick was 4th. This can only be attributed to the LA factor in 2009, with his money buying secret PEDs that varies the effect on certain cyclists by proxy.

I think once LA re-retires order will be restored.

Van de velde suffered a bad fall in the Giro, fracturing vertebrae and his pelvis. This would surely have meant you wouldnt expect him to do as well in 2009?

Aug 3, 2010
Visit site
webvan said:
So what's up with VDV? Will he remain a one hit (2008 TDF) wonder? Just like in 2009 he's trying to help the better rider on his team but even that is not working too well, time to retire?

Do you have any clue about cycling? The amount of work that Christian and Peter have done to keep Ryder in contention for a grand tour win, while keeping themselves in the top 30 respectively will keep them employed for quite some time.

Epic fail on the post:(

Actually I do, so what happened today at the foot of the last climb ? Stetina drilling at the front, VDV second in line to take over when Stetina cracks, RH third...FF a couple of minutes later, Stetina in front of RH, VDV gone...now that was useful to save himself to pull after Stetina wasn't it? Exactly like he wasn't able to help Wiggins much in 2009, I'm sure he's a good guy, but something is off. Maybe he'll do better tomorrow.

spetsa said:
Do you have any clue about cycling? The amount of work that Christian and Peter have done to keep Ryder in contention for a grand tour win, while keeping themselves in the top 30 respectively will keep them employed for quite some time.

Epic fail on the post:(

Are you ****in kidding me? The amount of work CVV has done exactly WHERE and WHEN???
Garmin togheter with Katusha have been some of the laziest team to don the Maglia Rosa ever FFS

Pippo_San said:
Are you ****in kidding me? The amount of work CVV has done exactly WHERE and WHEN???
Garmin togheter with Katusha have been some of the laziest team to don the Maglia Rosa ever FFS

just remember the way landbouwkrediet "saved" the maglia rosa of popovych;)

at least this conclusion isn't fair at all. liquigas wants to control the race that much, so theres no need to work that much for katjoesja and garmin.

Aug 3, 2010
Visit site
Pippo_San said:

Yeah, your right. They are hanging on cars all day hoping to make it to the last climb and get dropped. They may as well just retire tonight.

Aug 3, 2010
Visit site
MarkvW said:
You are funny! You yourself were just discussing the amount of work "Christian and Peter" were doing. I was just pointing out the amount of work that Hunter was doing!

Then start a Robert Hunter thread.

May 26, 2010
Visit site
MarkvW said:
Shouldn't have been too quick with the trolling accusation. Hunter just got booted for car-hanging!

Wrong plastic councillor ;)

Robbie Hunter said:
@Cyclingnews needs to get there story straight before they publish absolute crap about holding on cars!Can't wait to see the story changed!

@procyclinglive also need to get the facts straight before they tweet sh*t!Knobs!i stopped cause of the crashed yesterday & was stuffed!

@procyclinglive thanks for clearing that up and apologies for the insult... U guys do do a great job.(Most of the time )

This story should go here:

The latest controversy should not affect the rep of Garmin-Barracuda, known as "Team Clean" for its mandatory weekly doping tests. It's not the best timing to have two of its star cyclists linked, however speculative, with a USADA investigation.

But giving USADA testimony doesn't mean Vande Velde or Zabriskie ever doped. If they did, it was well before they joined Garmin-Barracuda. Vaughters is forgiving of cyclists' pasts as evidenced by the positive impact and results of David Millar, who signed in 2008 after serving a two-year doping ban.

It could be much worse news for Armstrong. Maybe the worst yet.

http://www.denverpost.com/lunchspec...e-armstrongs-possible-demise-be-linked-garmin

Mar 10, 2009
Visit site
That can be read a couple different ways.

The salvation of cycling Garmin where all it swell!

Or

Rock Racing Team v2.0

Not sure I find Zabriskie's or Vande Velde's testimony MORE damming than Floyd and Tyler, but to each his own.

mastersracer

BANNED
Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
Merckx and Boardman both produced about 6.4 watts/kg in their hour record rides. Indurain was about 6. That's under ideal conditions, fully rested, etc, not in the middle of a stage race.

Oct 25, 2010
Visit site
wattage said:
What happened to this in guy? I used to consider him quite clean even though he had been in some shady teams (Postal and Liberty Seguros). At the 2006 TdF he was doing 390W at 69kg, that's 5.65w/kg which is totally possible being clean.

In 2008 he jumped from finishing outside the top20 to 4th and in 2009 TdF he finished 8th. Why did he went on the juice in 2008?

With a team resume like that, why would you ever assume he's clean?

Fuentes and del Moral? Are you serious?

ElChingon said:
That can be read a couple different ways.

The salvation of cycling Garmin where all it swell!

Or

Rock Racing Team v2.0

Not sure I find Zabriskie's or Vande Velde's testimony MORE damming than Floyd and Tyler, but to each his own.

Mandatory weekly drugs tests?

Really?