• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Clasico RCN - Comcel 51 Años 30/9/2011 - 9/10/2011

Page 9 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Mar 31, 2010
Visit site
Escarabajo said:
Interesting thought. I am still positive about Henao because of something that Duartista said before: he minimizes his losses when in a bad day.

For some reason I only saw Duarte as the most favored to win a GT also.

Now we might have to add Betancur and call them the Golden 4.

I think being more bulky for Europe might be better, so I kind of agree with Botero in that count. Maybe it translates into being more consistent. We'll know next year.

there are way more than golden 3 now. but those golden 3 were some years ago thought in colombia to be the ones that would feature at least 1 tour de france winner. quintana is a way bigger gt talent than any of those, also betancourt. but much younger just as betancourt is

Mar 31, 2010
Visit site
Escarabajo said:
Don't you think Quintana is too small?

Very few small riders have won GT's in the past such as Van-Impe.

quintana will be a guy that can win the tour and vuelta, where the weather is usually great, his itt potential is incredible when you consider his weight of 52 kg(topshape) he will always be vulnerable yes but he's also the rider with the most professional and independant attitude

TRENDING THREADS