• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Classic Brugge-De Panne 2022, March 23 & 24

Page 3 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
It was clearly the right choice not to put on the WWT leader's jersey.

I sadly wasn't able to watch the last hour of the race, so it was surprising to learn that Balsamo had won. Balsamo was always the second favourite though, and I'm not sure Wiebes' broken spoke made a difference.

Hopefully none of the crashing riders are seriously hurt.

There was a crash with 2.5km to go which caused small splits in the peleton - Wiebes was held up, so it was no surprise Balsamo was stronger in the sprint.

There was a crash with 2.5km to go which caused small splits in the peleton - Wiebes was held up, so it was no surprise Balsamo was stronger in the sprint.

From what I saw, the pace went out again pretty quickly at one point, so I'm not sure how much energy she actually spend to get back on, when she she just followed Bastianelli and Consonni back tot he front. But, as she said herself in the interview afterwards, she didn't have Kool to do the leadout for her, which obviously put her in a worse situation.

TRENDING THREADS