• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Classic Brugge-De Panne 2022, March 23 & 24

This race has changed names and number of stages over the years. Looks like this year is set to be an early season sprinter world championship for the men as almost every sprinter worth his quads is set to start.

Men's 207.9k
Women's 162.8k

The map and profile is for the men's race but there's no meaningful difference other than the length.

oxyclean-classic-brugge-de-panne-2022-result-map-87eba7354b.jpg

oxyclean-classic-brugge-de-panne-2022-result-profile-ef35e0be8d.jpg

Startlists:
men
women

Looks like almost every team is bringing their fastest guy as well as their 2nd and 3rd fastest guys in some cases

Ewan/De Lie
Groenewegen
Démare
Jakobsen
Gaviria/Ackermann
Merlier
Walscheid
Nizzolo
Moschetti/Pedersen
Bennett
Bouhanni/Capiot
Kooij
Bol
Halvorsen

Last edited:
I'm actually hoping there are no echelons as I just want to see these guys sprint it out on equal terms.

Halfway serious predictions:

QS will boss the lead out and Jakobsen will win.
Ewan will be out of position and hardly sprint
Gaviria will crash or get Covid again before the start.
FDJ will make a strong appearance at the front and then completely disappear in the final sprint
No telling with Groenewegen and Merlier. I could see either win or not even sprint.

• Haha
Reactions: Sandisfan

TRENDING THREADS