• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

classic fantasy game

Page 3 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
TeamSkyFans said:
Well my Cunego dillema has been sorted, Evans Injured so straight swap.

Im a bit dissapointed that Horner isnt doing Amstel. Hes in good form at the minute and was pretty cheap, but only one race to be had from him.

I swapped Evans for Frank... not sure who to make VC though, one of those Schleck boys I guess.

I have Horner in my team, isn't he doing L-B-L?

My biggest problem is no Anton or Purito, when one of them will probably win Fleche.

A

Anonymous

Ferminal said:
I swapped Evans for Frank... not sure who to make VC though, one of those Schleck boys I guess.

I have Horner in my team, isn't he doing L-B-L?

Hes not riding amstel gold

my team
2i13s8.png

A

Anonymous

ansimi said:
All right, my team is set. I tried for depth and pretty consistent riders so I hope to get at least a few points from most of my riders.

Their rider list is terribly out-of-date so be sure to check start lists before the deadline.

Good luck everybody, especially those of you high in the overall standings:)

The rider list was done for the entire classics season, hence lots of riders not racing today

MY squad now the deadlines passed
Philippe GILBERT [22] OLO
Joaquin RODRIGUEZ [8] KAT
Fränk SCHLECK [14] LEO
Andy SCHLECK [14] LEO
Greg VAN AVERMAET [10] BMC
Robert GESINK [6] RAB
Damiano CUNEGO [14] LAM
Carlos BARREDO [4] RAB
Simon GERRANS [6] SKY
Rinaldo NOCENTINI [4] ALM
Michael ALBASINI [4] THR
Enrico GASPAROTTO [4] AST

A

Anonymous

WEll i got the 1-2-3

Gilbert (C)
Rodriguez (VC)
Gerrans

Also Shleck, Gesink, finished well up. Going to hang onto my 4th, maybe move higher.

A

Anonymous

Tuarts said:
Yeah this will be the round (3 races) where the Premiums will really pull apart from the rest.

Dunno, Rodriguez only cost 8 pts, gerrans only cost 6ts

Jan 18, 2010
Visit site
TeamSkyFans said:
WEll i got the 1-2-3

Gilbert (C)
Rodriguez (VC)
Gerrans

Also Shleck, Gesink, finished well up. Going to hang onto my 4th, maybe move higher.

I think you are doing well.

I had Frank but he crashed out,.J Rod.
Gerrans I replaced at the last minute with a rabo rider lol.I have Anton for the next couple of races so hopefully...

A

Anonymous

sublimit said:
I think you are doing well.

I had Frank but he crashed out,.J Rod.
Gerrans I replaced at the last minute with a rabo rider lol.I have Anton for the next couple of races so hopefully...

All depends what the other guys have, but wont drop from 4th.

LBL will be the interesting one, pick the same as everyone else and maintain position, or go for first with some totally off the wall picks.

A

Anonymous

Im up to second, and theres now a big gap between 3rd and 4th, so as long as we perform reasonably well in the last two races a podium spot is possible

1 Robins on Tour (*) John Hussey 701
2 Classic Catastrophe (*) Dave Marsdin 671
3 Randy`s Boyz (*) Rui Quinta 670
4 Legstrong (*) Wim |Burghouwt 637

Gained 31 pts on the leader today.

1st Robbins on Tour - 701 points
243iweq.png

2nd Classic Catastrophe - 671 points
167jt3k.png

3rd Randy's Boys - 670 points
160omly.png

A

Anonymous

Im the only who hasnt got Hesjedal or Sanchez
I have both schlecks
I am the only one with Van Avermaet

I really need Hesjedal and Sanchez to screw up and Avermaet to do the business.

Bit worried about 3rd place having Horner. Im expecting him to go well on wednesday.

A

Anonymous

CN Forum
1 Classic Catastrophe (*) Dave Marsdin 671 (net 604)
2 Team Clenbuteroule Daniel Robinson 580
3 CrazyCaramel CrazyCaramel 570
4 mja ak-zaaf 567
5 U MAD? Jonh B 548
6 Team Tesla Ruben Dario 543
7 pmrlo pmrlo 540
8 Team Boogie Woogie Kaspar Kristiansen 528
9 Brownes Coffee Chill Tuart 522
10 sublimit2011 martin sf 522

Jan 2, 2010
Visit site
TeamSkyFans said:
Im the only who hasnt got Hesjedal or Sanchez
I have both schlecks
I am the only one with Van Avermaet

I really need Hesjedal and Sanchez to screw up and Avermaet to do the business.

Bit worried about 3rd place having Horner. Im expecting him to go well on wednesday.

I'm cheering for you but I can't wish Hesjedal or Sanchez to screw up. I like Van Avermaet but ACF would be so annoying.

So, I'll hope for a big upset from one of your long-shot riders. I'd love a Gasparotto win or long day in a break and I like Nocentini and Albasini too.

A

Anonymous

ansimi said:
I'm cheering for you but I can't wish Hesjedal or Sanchez to screw up. I like Van Avermaet but ACF would be so annoying.

So, I'll hope for a big upset from one of your long-shot riders. I'd love a Gasparotto win or long day in a break and I like Nocentini and Albasini too.

thing is, with 6 pts at each breakaway sector, a long day in a break is as good as coming 3rd. I am really relying on those three to do it for me.

Jan 18, 2010
Visit site
Well done TSF, looking good there but a bit of of a disaster for me, dropped to 50'th or something from position 10.

Still I have good riders for the 2 races hopefully!

Cunego
Vino
Frank S
Sam Sanchez
J Rodriguez
Hesjedal
Martens
Anton
Vantomme
Monfort
Nordhaug
Hoogerland.:eek:

I was hoping Hoogerland would gather breakaway points but then end up blowing but he surprised me with a reasonable ride for 12'th.

Probably should of gone for Gilbert somewhere considering its guaranteed points but there you go..a bit of a blunder.

A

Anonymous

Just spoke to velogames.

There will be a Giro, Tour and Vuelta fantasy competition this year, as well as maybe some other things.

Think this season theyve really ironed out the problems of last year when they underestimated how popular it would be.

Looking forward to the Giro one already.

Mar 11, 2009
Visit site
Really didn't do my best on the last team.

Like the set-up of this game though. Not too many riders, short time frames, nice interface etc..
So I think it would be cool if they do GT versions too.

I just don't think paying clients should get an actual advantage in the game itself. :)

TeamSkyFans said:
Just spoke to velogames.

There will be a Giro, Tour and Vuelta fantasy competition this year, as well as maybe some other things.

Think this season theyve really ironed out the problems of last year when they underestimated how popular it would be.

Looking forward to the Giro one already.

That will be good.

I think I would be in a strong position if I didn't miss MS-R.

A

Anonymous

My teams done. Spent about 5 minutes on it compared with the hours I spent on my classics squad.

Not expecting to do very well.