• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Clean Colombians? (Arkea investigation page 27)

Page 34 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
This is so weird because the information we've got about what they found suggests nothing will come out of this but the team is acting like it's a big deal. Someone is going to come out of this with so much egg on their face.

My take is that the team can afford to repair relationships with riders under contract if needed, but they can't afford to be seen as involved if it was to blow up. Arkea would never get invited back to anything.

On another note I just saw the compilation of Nairo's injuries. No wonder they apparently found bloody bandages lmao, I'm surprised the hotel didn't look like a murder scene

Reactions: Koronin
This is all easy on a philosophical level. If you..whoever you think about bicycles..who knows..the beach,your family,a way to get fit. Getting auto parts,beer,grocery items to your house..your family..
ok
Bike racing.
whatever that means to you..
from pro to folks in pajamas watching something on TV..using 11 pounds of pure cocaine and some snack cakes..
if anyone in any of these groups..within the spectrum,see bike pump,water bottle..shorts,Jersey..helmet..special shoes..a @$1000 dollar head end and SRM interface..ok..
You imagine a coach..trainer..nutritionist..billionaire sponsor..
Ok
You see bike racing.if you see syringes..IV have dripping a benefactor into your blood stream..
there is problem.
Needles are not part of modern bike racing..yes maybe part of it's past or cheating reality..but not part of the dream our prosperous future.
Pro bike racing needs to ask and answer questions about other sports.
Does the NBA,NFL,pro motocross,major league golf,tennis or baseball,NASCAR,F1, dressage..surfing,chess.. Pro beach volleyball..whatever..do they have drugs in their sports? Do they have officials,fines?unions?
Events in multiple countries and cultures?
What is every other professional sport doing that is keeping them from being critiqued,slammed like pro cycling?
Does pro hockey or darts have intravenous drugs being used?
Where is the scrutiny?
What is cycling doing to destroy itself?
Is LeBron or Rinaldo better or smarter than every pro bike racer? Why are they,their sports not being destroyed?
You just can’t compare it to the US, where drug testing is an absolute joke in mainstream sports and you would never get a police raid like this because doping is not a criminal activity. The thought of the NFL without needles is pretty amusing!

You just can’t compare it to the US, where drug testing is an absolute joke in mainstream sports and you would never get a police raid like this because doping is not a criminal activity. The thought of the NFL without needles is pretty amusing!
Does the NFL "injury protocol" review ban the use of injectable pain killers, during a game? I can't find anything during a short search. They definitely do not between games from player reports.

Does the NFL "injury protocol" review ban the use of injectable pain killers, during a game? I can't find anything during a short search. They definitely do not between games from player reports.
You can definitely get painkiller injections in the NFL. Having played football up to the college level I can vouch for it being completely necessary. That game is just brutally hard and playing through injury is expected at every level. Cycling is brutally hard as well but in a different way. More "enduring moderate suffering all the time" than playing through acute pain and injury, injury which in football is 100% going to aggravated a hundred times during a game.

Reactions: Koronin
You can definitely get painkiller injections in the NFL. Having played football up to the college level I can vouch for it being completely necessary. That game is just brutally hard and playing through injury is expected at every level. Cycling is brutally hard as well but in a different way. More "enduring moderate suffering all the time" than playing through acute pain and injury, injury which in football is 100% going to aggravated a hundred times during a game.
Specifically during a game and as part of the NFL Injury Protocol policy. Would seem if someone is injured significantly enough they should not allow it and have them return to play in the same game like in the old days.

Sorry to follow this off track but I am curious.

Last edited:
Same with actual football (i mean the one where you actually use your feet and an actual ball). Players play with an injection often. I'm not sure if they are given during a match, but definitely before the start of a match. Happens a lot with important games, but there is always a risk of making it worse.

Same with actual football (i mean the one where you actually use your feet and an actual ball). Players play with an injection often. I'm not sure if they are given during a match, but definitely before the start of a match. Happens a lot with important games, but there is always a risk of making it worse.
Yup. Futbol is more aptly named. We get it. Might be about the thousandth time I’ve heard it. Not going to change a thing telling us about it.

Yup. Futbol is more aptly named. We get it. Might be about the thousandth time I’ve heard it. Not going to change a thing telling us about it.
Aw, i seem to have hit a nerve ;-) Just poking some fun.

One has to appreciate the sense of humor by whomever chose the name, and added "American" to it, as if that somehow makes any more sense. Like if we would apply that same logic to another sport:

"Hey john, whatcha doin' with that shovel on your boat?"
- "Hi Mike, i'm cycling!"
"Huh? Cycling? Don't you need a bycicle for that and space to ride it?
- "Oh, sorry, i meant American cycling."
"Ah, makes sense."

Anyway, back on topic. :blush:

the nfl is crazy, cycling cant compare
It absolutely is! I'm going to have to find atonement b/c I still watch.

This is so weird because the information we've got about what they found suggests nothing will come out of this but the team is acting like it's a big deal. Someone is going to come out of this with so much egg on their face.
I doubt anything will come out of it. The team is likely reacting this way because we know how it looks if a team under-reacts. The reporting sounds like it is full of silly as well. I mean, of course there are bandages with blood, there are riders with road rash. That's like telling people - there's evidence food was eaten!!!

I just get this sense that the silly stuff gets lots of attention as an 'investigation', but then the really dubious stuff just gets a bit of conjecture and nothing much else.

Reactions: RedheadDane

TRENDING THREADS