• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Cleanest Rider/Team Of The 90s- Early/Mid 00s

Dec 7, 2012
Visit site
Im Just Wondering After Everything With The (sic, Arm)strong Affair and Seeing This http://www.dopeology.org/podium/, I'm Wondering Who Is Cleanest Rider and/or Team During The 90s-Early/Mid 00s

--We've been very easy going about the cursing rule, but it IS rule #1 in the forum rules. It isn't necessary, and I am quite aware this post has been already quoted multiple times - but I have to get a message across somewhere, eh? H--

euroking said:
Im Just Wondering After Everything With The (sic, Arm)strong Affair and Seeing This http://www.dopeology.org/podium/, I'm Wondering Who Is Cleanest Rider and/or Team During The 90s-Early/Mid 00s

The site was created by a former poster here who also posts daily on a second cycling forum.

I believe the overwhelming consensus on here will point to 2 names - Bassons and Moncoutie, as being the 2 most likely to have been clean

Dec 7, 2012
Visit site
True, It's Just Looking Back At The archives on here and seeing some of the results, its just believable that it could be more riders besides them that maybe clean

Jan 30, 2011
Visit site
blackcat said:
Enn

Oh

Enn

E

Not even a single rider?

For me, Moncoutie for sure. Simeoni and Sastre also and for a current rider, Pinotti.

Looking at that list, I guess I'm not quite onboard with McQuaid's view that the Anglo approach should win out.

Dec 7, 2012
Visit site
peterst6906 said:
Not even a single rider?

For me, Moncoutie for sure. Simeoni and Sastre also and for a current rider, Pinotti.

Looking at that list, I guess I'm not quite onboard with McQuaid's view that the Anglo approach should win out.

Moncoutie,Yeah

Simeoni Before Armstrong issues idk

Sastre I Want To Say Yeah But The Once, CSC/Riis Links Kind Of Throw That Off

I Really Love To Think McEwen and Hunter are clean

peterst6906 said:
Not even a single rider?

Simeoni? Of course Simeoni was a doper in the 90s to the Early/Mid 00s. He admits to starting doping in '93 and was suspended for doping in 01 and 02.

Simeoni knew all about Ferrari because Ferrari was his doping doc.

Dec 7, 2012
Visit site
How About This I'm Have Ya'll Guess 8 Random Cyclists From That Era And You Decide If Their Clean or Not. I'll Name The Teams They Was On (From Start of Career To End) and How Long Their Career Was.

1. Rode For: Navigare, Lampre, Panaria, Asics, Cantinia Tollo, LA-Pecol.
Pro From: 1995-2001

2. Rode For: Big Mat, Festina, FDJ
Pro From: 1997-2007

3. Rode For: Seur, Navigare, Roslotto, Kross, Navigators
Pro From: 1993-2006

4. Rode For: Jolly, Aki
Pro From: 1993-1997

5. Rode For: Festina, Cofidis, Polti , Jean Delatour, AG2R
Pro From: 1993-2009

6. Rode For: Weinmann, Telekom, Lotto, Cofidis
Pro From: 1990-2005

7. Rode For: PMU Romand, Post Swiss, Rabobank, Coast, Phonak
Pro From: 1996-2005

8. Rode For: Amore & Vita, US Postal, Farm Frites, Domo- Farm Frites
Pro From: 1995-2001

Apr 13, 2010
Visit site
I like the title of this thread, we are looking for the cleanest rider/team from this period. Meaning the rider/team doesn't necessarily have to be clean, just cleaner than others.

Aug 13, 2010
Visit site
Marco Pantani said:
He smashed riders during the EPO era, what more can you ask for?
And of course, he's a brit.:)
He won mainly TTs and really excelled at the shorter prologues. Could do ok in week stage races but then fell apart during the GTs.

Yes, I should have said imo he was as clean as a Brit can get ;)

TRENDING THREADS