• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

clinic seems to be very stale these days

Mar 17, 2009
Visit site
seems to be very little new threads or leads or decent proof or gossip of anything much here these days...

could it be, that cycling is really cleaning its act up?

Mar 13, 2009
Visit site
hubbard said:
seems to be very little new threads or leads or decent proof or gossip of anything much here these days...

bread

jesus can feed with loaves and fishes.
bread may get stale. cycling remains dirty

Dr. Maserati

BANNED
Jun 19, 2009
Visit site
hubbard said:

You're right - since the 3 positives at the Giro last month things have been quiet (if you ignore Rolland).
I think this month is quieter than last month, so ergo cycling is cleaning up. Definitely cleaner.

team sky

it's not all about team sky............were there not other rumours post giro that other top cyclists had tested positive?

of course the clinic is as active as ever with rumour

where news is scant such members can always introduce flights of fancy

strange to hear a member taking the moral high ground v doping and using lies and stuff that they had made up to support their argument

Mark L

Dec 14, 2012
Visit site
hubbard said:

So bunch of guys getting popped for a tumour producing experimental drug, a 23 year old testing positive for an investigational selective androgen receptor modulator plus the Italians booted for using our old friend isn't enough? :D Heck even the French riders are testing positive during this new clean era.

Nov 8, 2012
Visit site
What we need is a real bad guy. A dominant rider who ruthlessly enforces omertà... Somebody so much bigger than cycling... something of an international superstar.

Maybe somebody that has an almost unbelievable resurrection story.

Yep, that might pep things up a bit.

want

Scott SoCal said:
What we need is a real bad guy. A dominant rider who ruthlessly enforces omertà... Somebody so much bigger than cycling... something of an international superstar.

what we NEED is a clean world of cycling..................i ( unlike many )
would rejoice if there was no clinic or need for such

the clinic 12 may think of themselves as superstars but it's cycling that counts not their opportunity to rant

Mark L

Aug 7, 2010
Visit site
Scott SoCal said:

You mean a miraculous recovery from an intestinal parasite.....?

Nov 8, 2012
Visit site
ebandit said:

the clinic 12 may think of themselves as superstars but it's cycling that counts not their opportunity to rant

Mark L

I'm reporting your post for the talk of clean cycling in the clinic. :D

Dr. Maserati

BANNED
Jun 19, 2009
Visit site
ebandit said:

Mark L

How many Mark? Give us a number?
Did you ask the 50 thousand plus members here or did you just try and make something up?

There are a few loons here - but some others are the ones who properly question what happens in the sport. Without them you would be under the impression that all is perfect, the passport works and cycling is clean.

Aug 18, 2009
Visit site
IMO Lance gave the clinic a relevance that hasn't been matched since. Some of the stuff on Sky has been good though.

I'm too lazy to do any decent research and contribute meaningfully :p

Aug 16, 2011
Visit site
Alphabet said:
It has been a bit inactive of late, but I suspect it will pick up again during the Tour.

My thinking exactly, give it some time, the Tour is just around the corner. There will be plenty of new threads/gossip/more activity in the clinic once we get into the biggest (and most doped?) race in the world.

Just imagine how much activity there will be in the clinic if if the Dawg goes full genius. And even if he doesn't...

Dec 7, 2010
Visit site
Dr. Maserati said:
How many Mark? Give us a number?
Did you ask the 50 thousand plus members here or did you just try and make something up?

There are a few loons here - but some others are the ones who properly question what happens in the sport. Without them you would be under the impression that all is perfect, the passport works and cycling is clean.

look out doc. your acting like it is Moore Ok. all over again. :D

Glenn_Wilson said:
Boss k Check dis 1.

Froome Boss. "Boss Dawg" maybe? Thats it...I say I say I say Oh boayah I say ...its "Boss Dawg"...

I really really really want the Dawg to lose 3 minutes in the first week in a mass pile up.

Then he has to go full full full genius in the mountains to make up the time.

I want to see him pushing that shopping cart up d'Huez and put 7 minutes into Contador :cool:

May 27, 2012
Visit site
ebandit said:

Mark L

Yea, the clinic arose because we wanted to manufacture an issue, and we succeeded in making pro riders dope and then became fabulously wealthy and popular with the entire world because of it...

Your post gets my nomination for most idiotic of the day. Remember, it's an honor just to be nominated.