• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

CMS Doping in sport revelations/discussion

Page 26 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Well the only good thing to come out of the delay, is I assume this isn't just about Freeman's mental health, unless it takes MPTS this long to decipher his psychologists handwriting signing him off!

What does that leave O'Rourke left with to open/continue preliminary legal arguments with under MPTS rules?
All I can see is an argument over medical privacy of witness(s) or an argument about MPTS/GMC's legal jurisdiction to decide Freeman's 'motive' was a doping one.

As the Tribunal is due to end March 5 (next Tuesday) that's only 7 working days (including today) away. If the plan was to stall, then, chapeau! The doc/Sky/BC have got their money's worth. Although with this still hanging in the air, will it cause problems for SDB and his sponsor hunt?

A couple of journalists have said they believe Brailsford already has a new sponsor lined up ready to buy Tour Racing Ltd and takeover sponsorship for a while and before Colombia and tribunal start date. They claimed the deal is already at a very advanced stage and announcement is due shortly. Maybe this week apparantly.

The ongoing Austrian doping scandal is a nice distraction for Sky/BC but ultimately it taints pro-cycling's image even more.

One can hope that Preidler's public confession *** the conscience of a few more. But lawyers with NDA's tend to outweigh "penitential reflection".

(edit - bad spelling!)

samhocking said:
It will be interesting to see what from the allegations get edited once re-listed on MPTS calendar as a new tribunal starting from scratch again. If nothing's changed, that would beg the question, what exactly was discussed for 3 weeks?

the physiological circumstances under which a 2kg stool is produced I would warrant

gillan1969 said:
samhocking said:
It will be interesting to see what from the allegations get edited once re-listed on MPTS calendar as a new tribunal starting from scratch again. If nothing's changed, that would beg the question, what exactly was discussed for 3 weeks?

the physiological circumstances under which a 2kg stool is produced I would warrant

It's only possible if you poo twice a day according to Adam Hansen who's experimented with it apparently. As well as a diet that cleans arteries to widen the walls slightly in order for more blood (oxygen) to reach his muscles. Some far out stuff Hansen comes out with.

If the tribunal is going to be convened again, then it seems nothing else has changed other than the panel. Presumably Freeman's team was able to argue there was a problem with the panel that was just dismissed? Not that I know what I am talking about, obviously, just trying to extrapolate from what information we do have.

Tom Cary tweets
https://twitter.com/tomcary_tel/status/1103246359652691968
apparently MPTS ruled that decisions on applications can't be made public so as not to influence new tribunal. But think we can all agree it looks terrible.

https://www.bbc.com/sport/cycling/47461988
Digital, Culture, Media and Sport Committee chairman Damian Collins said it meant questions needed to be asked.

Freeman also failed to appear in front of a DCMS committee hearing in 2016.
"We should be concerned that there is a concerted effort to make sure that Dr Freeman never has to give evidence, and we should rightly question why that might be the case," Collins told BBC Sport.

Liking a good coincidence, I reckon the date for the next tribunal will be announced after Sky's new sponsorship deal. It does take a lonnnng time for Mrs O'Rourke to find some time in her busy schedule - I'm betting Plough Monday 2021 :)

TRENDING THREADS